Reviving the old Old Taylor

Postal Grunt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

*insert mouthwatering emoji here*

So excited for what they're undertaking at C&K. I just want to give all of them a big hug every time I think about what they've done and are doing over there! They've restored the magnificence to the property and are going about making liquor the right way. Thanks for sharing that story!

• I like it 4

51 minutes ago, mosugoji64 said:

*insert mouthwatering emoji here*

The fact that they've found a similar yeast strain should be huge in having a bourbon along the lines of that beautiful old, Old Taylor whiskey. While Marianne Eaves states they're not trying to replicate it exactly, if her whiskey is anywhere close, I'll be all over it more than Fishnbowljoe and a bottle of Weller!

• I like it 4

28 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

The fact that they've found a similar yeast strain should be huge in having a bourbon along the lines of that beautiful old, Old Taylor whiskey. While Marianne Eaves states they're not trying to replicate it exactly, if her whiskey is anywhere close, I'll be all over it more than Fishnbowljoe and a bottle of Weller!

Vosgar is here all day for all of the butterscotch. And I'm waiting in the wings for whatever is left.

• I like it 2

I'm also going to be all aboard the butterscotch train. Fave flavor since childhood.

I certainly will be in line to get a taste of this 'reproduced' version of old Old Taylor Bourbon.     If it's anything like I think it'll be, I'll be drooling all over myself (again...) as soon as I get a sniff from the bottle.

I more or less expect this effort to produce the results folx are hoping for.   C&K have been doing all the right things, the right way(s).

Gotta get back over there this Spring, if I can.     Anybody else going from the GN (or anywhere near B'town) during the 'Sampler' weekend time period?

3 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I certainly will be in line to get a taste of this 'reproduced' version of old Old Taylor Bourbon.     If it's anything like I think it'll be, I'll be drooling all over myself (again...) as soon as I get a sniff from the bottle.

I more or less expect this effort to produce the results folx are hoping for.   C&K have been doing all the right things, the right way(s).

Gotta get back over there this Spring, if I can.     Anybody else going from the GN (or anywhere near B'town) during the 'Sampler' weekend time period?

I'm going to contact them about setting up another tour for us. Hopefully things have settled a bit for them this time. 

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, mosugoji64 said:

I'm going to contact them about setting up another tour for us. Hopefully things have settled a bit for them this time. 

Yassssss!!!!!! Do this.

• I like it 1

After visiting C&K I was blown away by what they’ve done there.  Sounds like they’re going to try & do things the right way.  I just don’t want them to start putting out 2 year old juice.  They should wait & put out a BIB & single barrel like New Riff did. 

After visiting C&K I was blown away by what they’ve done there.  Sounds like they’re going to try & do things the right way.  I just don’t want them to start putting out 2 year old juice.  They should wait & put out a BIB & single barrel like New Riff did. 

Don’t worry about them putting out 2 year old juice. They’ve told many of us that they won’t be putting out any bourbon before it’s ready, which if I recall correctly, was longer than 4 years. Rye might be sooner, but I still doubt it will be at 2 years.

Yassssss!!!!!! Do this.

Wayne, Diana and I talked to Brett about SB coming as a group again this year when we were there this past April. He indicated that he definitely would do his best to accommodate us as a group, but we should probably get the ball rolling now.

• I like it 3

On 1/3/2019 at 12:51 AM, lcpfratn said:

Wayne, Diana and I talked to Brett about SB coming as a group again this year when we were there this past April. He indicated that he definitely would do his best to accommodate us as a group, but we should probably get the ball rolling now.

It is done. I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear from him.

• I like it 5

5 minutes ago, kaiserhog said:

Is the new whiskey going to names Old Taylor?  

If they do, their record will drop to 1-1 with Sazerac in court...  :D

• I like it 2

On 1/3/2019 at 12:11 AM, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

I just don’t want them to start putting out 2 year old juice.  They should wait & put out a BIB & single barrel like New Riff did. 

True, but in the meantime don't ignore their most excellent gin and vodkas. 107 proof gin is very rare, and makes a very flavorful gin and tonic. I'll be buying some every time I pass through for cocktails.

Is the Old Taylor 6 still beimg made? A friend of mine has found some. Its not age stated  but has the 6. 

On 1/3/2019 at 12:44 AM, mosugoji64 said:

Put us locals down for 4 to possibly 5 fir a tour.

15 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Is the Old Taylor 6 still beimg made? A friend of mine has found some. Its not age stated  but has the 6. 

Avoid

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.