Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

No, I dont remember EWBIB being similar, I just want to compare how different they are since they're all the same mashbill and the same proof.

Ok I remember it Dant being very different, EW seemed more sweet, vanilla, while Dant seemed more dry and earthy. Might of been something with the bottle I had though. When you get a chance to compare please let us know your thoughts.

It was goodbye to a HMcK BiB this afternoon. Now I have to see if the fame has caused a famine so to speak.

A really, really, really, good whiskey gone down tonight...

8D9843EA-CD36-4F63-805C-1FDAF094B77C.jpeg

• I like it 5

Not very good, glad it’s gone. Seemed to get worse as it “aired” out. Reminded me of the Three Wiseman shots from college. A mix of Jimmy, Jack, and Jose. 

1D01C34F-4BCE-45D6-9655-B381F9AE9686.jpeg

Another one hit the recycling bin as an excellent 13 YO KCSiB gave up its last 3 ounces of goodness. It was a worthy bottle and it will be awhile before I find one that drinkable again.

• I like it 1

Lost my first dog today, Andy. Got him as a sophomore in undergrad. Was a good boy and will be missed. Here's to him. 

4E1CA31F-3AD4-4F3C-AF0A-DA5E2355133B.jpeg

A40D1B1A-5F2F-4923-9733-D306E34F7639.jpeg

• I like it 10

11 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

Lost my first dog today, Andy. Got him as a sophomore in undergrad. Was a good boy and will be missed. Here's to him. 

My condolences. We lost our Olde English Bulldog last year and we still heartbroken.

Sad to see a solid value bottle hit the recycle bin. I liked it, not sure why people were paying $20/5th for it when HH announced HH6 demise. 

7F671124-8378-4F5E-833B-078A4ADAE4B3.jpeg

5 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Sad to see a solid value bottle hit the recycle bin. I liked it, not sure why people were paying $20/5th for it when HH announced HH6 demise. 

I traded an OE7BS plus shipping for a bottle of the HHBiB.  About $60 total but I always wanted to try it and it was never available here on the west coast.  Will it be worth it?  Probably not but, it's worth it to me to try something that, for me, is unique. 

23 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

Sorry for your loss. Animals always find a special place in our families and our hearts.

Poured the last of my first bottle of ECBP A119. Very lucky to have another bottle of this in the basement.

A OF1910 and a RYSB10yr. I was surprised how much I liked the 1910, figured all these double barreled bottles that BF was putting out was gimmicky and would taste like sawdust. However it works quite well.

IMG_6564.JPG

• I like it 2

Saw this on a low fill MM PS bottle. I think I must of left the cork somewhat open and this NCF has an odd black mold like dark sediment coloring building up. Really didn’t want to risk it so dumped the remaining bottle. Kind of sad as I really enjoyed it, probably more so than OWA which I find comparable. If the Antique has really hit the $50+ price range and is hard to find I’d rather drink these.

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6597.JPG
IMG_6598.JPG

On 4/19/2019 at 6:35 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

IMG_3172.jpg

Happy Fridayv

Haha well done.  I love flying SW for this reason alone

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Saw this on a low fill MM PS bottle. I think I must of left the cork somewhat open and this NCF has an odd black mold like dark sediment coloring building up. Really didn’t want to risk it so dumped the remaining bottle. Kind of sad as I really enjoyed it, probably more so than OWA which I find comparable. If the Antique has really hit the $50+ price range and is hard to find I’d rather drink these.

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6597.JPG
IMG_6598.JPG

Yeast that can live in 55.35% alcohol!?! 

That is some nasty yeast.  Sounds like the beginnings of a Science Fiction "B" movie.  :-))

Cheers

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6597.JPG
IMG_6598.JPG

Probably just a little barrel char.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

IMG_6597.JPG

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Probably just a little barrel char.

The bottom of the one I drank looked the same.  I believe it is barrel char or sediment as Kevin mentioned. 

Ever looked at a bottle of GTS/WLW/THH that has been sitting vertical for a long time?

if you flip it over and swirl (like a tornado), you’ll see the same thing, and it will fall and mix back into the liquid. 

I only mention these bottles, because for me it is the easiest to see on these, since they are round wine type bottles. 

Someone much wiser once told me to always shake up s barrel proof/cask strength bottle before pouring from it. 

Couldn’t replace it if I wanted to since I bought it on clearance but it was actually pretty decent. IMG_1754.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.