Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished 2 good ones last night
3BE21793-B051-4D6D-94DE-56A0EE29EC11.thumb.jpeg.84ebbdb6567f754f7569809232f64c3b.jpeg

Been craving some EWSB, think I’ll pick up a bottle. Will look for a semi dusty a 2008 or before.
  • I like it 4

Been nursing this gem for several years.  Sad to see this one go but glad I took a flyer and bought two!

image.jpeg

• I like it 3

Been nursing this gem for several years.  Sad to see this one go but glad I took a flyer and bought two!
image.thumb.jpeg.18c1ddecf971237c174c22cbafa9ff31.jpeg

It’s been almost two years since I had any NASA SAOS picks, man I really enjoyed it.

NASA Liquor was according to Alex the biggest retailer of Smooth Ambler for quite some time. It was only two years ago you could walk in and choose from 20+ different barrels of SAOS.
  • I like it 1

39 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

It’s been almost two years since I had any NASA SAOS picks, man I really enjoyed it.

NASA Liquor was according to Alex the biggest retailer of Smooth Ambler for quite some time. It was only two years ago you could walk in and choose from 20+ different barrels of SAOS.

Nasa liquor I'm Houston? Wow, missed out on that opportunity it seems. 

Nasa liquor I'm Houston? Wow, missed out on that opportunity it seems. 

Yeah it’s crazy I remember going in December of 2017 and they still had over over 10 different barrels and hundreds of bottles. Went back in March 2018 and everything was gone. It was like everyone all of a sudden realized what a great buy this was.
  • I like it 1

I finished off a EWSB 2010 for an old fashioned this weekend.  I should have put away a couple of bottles as that 2010 version hit the sweet spot.

60984531_10215820015186663_2081866984487649280_n.jpg

• I like it 1

Two weekend MGP rye casualties.

The TM was really good. 

The Bulleit was really average. 

FF0C755B-8079-4237-BDE6-2E454AEF077C.jpeg

Glad I have a few more of these.  This has become a ghost here in the Bay Area.

HMK.jpg

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Thanks to my amigo @CUfan99 for the assist on this one. 

OESK always delivers. 

0733B8DD-49AF-40FB-A0CE-0D03A96547C4.jpeg

I don’t know about you but my consumption of PS 4R’s is outpacing my acquisition. Even with very limited consumption.

I shouldn’t have to live this way Brent!

• I like it 3

Finished off this Rhetoric 23 the other night.  It was very much a splurge at $115 a couple of years ago and I won't be replacing it. Like so many overpriced bourbons you get one and then wonder what all the fuss is about and was it truly worth spending that much?

IMG_0242.JPG

• I like it 4

Knocked down a pair of my favorites. I have 2 more WTKS Gaspar's store pick and 1 WTKS regular in the bunker, so no panic to replace. I'll miss the AE Rye; it will be replaced but I need the space on my shelf and bunker for new tastings.IMG_20190601_183058955.jpg

Will be hanging on to this bottle. Guess I'm moving on to the OWA. Might need something even stronger with the way this hockey game is going.

20190601_190846-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 2

Not shedding any tears about this one...that being said, it's the perfect boilermaker bourbon.

20190601_213459.jpg

• I like it 1

Last of the Noe Secret from the bunker. Still others left, Bluegrass and Off Your Rocker, but haven't bought a Bookers since they cut their batches and raised their prices. Let the new ones gather dust as far as I'm concerned. There's plenty of great high proofs for less $ out there.

0601192152a.jpg

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

Will be hanging on to this bottle. Guess I'm moving on to the OWA. Might need something even stronger with the way this hockey game is going.

20190601_190846-784x1613.jpg

?

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, GeeTen said:

?

What restraint!! Feeling OK, Frank? :P

• I like it 2

Two delicious $35 bottles kilt. The PS Dickel 9 yr by MC’s outside of Knoxville was awesome for the price. 

The 1792 BiB was my 1st 1792 product. I was very happy with it. If I can find more in the $30 something range I’m a buyer. Over $40 and I might as well get a Rare Breed. 

F3762CAC-0190-41A4-A0B6-1F3D965879F6.jpeg

C31EDBBF-B8B4-4AEE-9A2A-FF14AF7AC4F9.jpeg

• I like it 1

When you’re in the cabinet cleaning mood large pours just tend to happen. 

A194BE5D-88F8-475B-964E-E53E0701A27A.jpeg

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Vosgar said:

What restraint!! Feeling OK, Frank? :P

The Boston folx can keep quiet..for now!!

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Clueby said:

The Boston folx can keep quiet..for now!!

"It ain't over 'til it's over."  

- Yogi Berra (wasn't he from St. Louis?)

"What?  Over? Did you say 'over'?  Nothing is over until we decide it is!  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell, no!"

- The Honorable Senator John Blutarski (purportedly from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts)

"We're Still Here!"

- New England Patriots (2019 NFL Superbowl Champions)

?

Back on topic - celebrated Saturday nite by finishing off the last of my first bottle of 2018 GTS (only 1 left - gotta' go slooow).

20190603_065322.jpg

I can still smell the wonderfulness of the amber liquid that resided in the Glencairn a couple of nights ago - "smells like . . . victory" (with apologies to Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore, 1st Squadron, 9th Cavalry Regiment).

Better?????   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

10 hours ago, GeeTen said:

I can still smell the wonderfulness of the amber liquid that resided in the Glencairn a couple of nights ago - "smells like . . . victory" (with apologies to Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore, 1st Squadron, 9th Cavalry Regiment).

Better?????   ?

“Atta boy Luther!” 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.