Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

IMG_2813.jpg

Where did you get the glass?

My brother gave my a Knob Creek gift pack a couple Christmas’s ago that included a bottle of KCSmB and the glasses.

It's always a sad day, when I empty one of these.

If it looks like a big pour....it is....

20190608_203347.jpg

• I like it 1

I finished a HMcK10 last night. This was a delightful 10yo BIB that I bought on sale for $30 before it won some obscure award which when word of it went on the internet caused it to become as scarce as Pappy.  I doubt I'll see it again let alone at that sale price but I won't shed any tears over its demise as there are plenty of other bottles on the shelves I've yet to try. The journey continues.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, DCFan said:

I finished a HMcK10 last night. This was a delightful 10yo BIB that I bought on sale for $30 before it won some obscure award which when word of it went on the internet caused it to become as scarce as Pappy.  I doubt I'll see it again let alone at that sale price but I won't shed any tears over its demise as there are plenty of other bottles on the shelves I've yet to try. The journey continues.

VA still gets a ton of McKenna but like a lot of products these days it disappears quickly on delivery day. 

• I like it 1

I know I'm suppose to post pictures so everyone believes. :) However I have many-many bottles drank down now. In the past few days I've killed off a CHET SiB, Dickel 9yr SP, WR DO SP (boy that's a lot of initials), Stagg Jr., and jug size WA 107. Today I'm looking at two separate HMcK that are VERY low and a KC SP. There's also only backwash in the 4R bottle but I don't think I could choke that down. I keep it around to remind myself how bad that shit is.

Decided to polish off this good and faithful bottle of OE101 tonight while watching Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers. Found a couple of dusty old labels in a Nashville area LS about 3 weeks ago for $23. Left a couple on the shelf for someone else. PM me if you want the store name. Can't say exactly why I like this bourbon so much, but dangit man, I do.

2019-06-09 21.03.54.jpg

On 6/9/2019 at 9:04 PM, WillyP said:

Can't say exactly why I like this bourbon so much, but dangit man, I do.

I know exactly what you mean. The best part is when it's an inexpensive bottle!

• I like it 1

On 6/9/2019 at 9:04 PM, WillyP said:

Decided to polish off this good and faithful bottle of OE101 tonight while watching Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers. Found a couple of dusty old labels in a Nashville area LS about 3 weeks ago for $23. Left a couple on the shelf for someone else. PM me if you want the store name. Can't say exactly why I like this bourbon so much, but dangit man, I do.

2019-06-09 21.03.54.jpg

WillyP.. u cant receive PMs until you get  to I think 10 posts. Id love to know where theyre hiding.  Post a few more times and PM me if you can. 

4 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

WillyP.. u cant receive PMs until you get  to I think 10 posts. Id love to know where theyre hiding.  Post a few more times and PM me if you can. 

Got it, FasterHorses. Sorry for newbie faux pas. Done.?

The sun set today on a couple of my favorites.

The pony bottle stopper ("T") joined his stablemates in the bar drawer.

Blantons & Knob Creek SiB.jpg

Bottle of Stagg Jr. said goodbye this evening when I got home. It was a good pour and I look forward to finding some of this years releases soon. Not like I don't have enough to hold me over until they are released that is for sure.

I emptied out a bottle of EC NAS tonight and by some stroke of weird coincidences, it poured out to my usual 3 oz.  But, the rumor mill has it that the same store where I bought that bottle is involved in obtaining a store pick of an EC barrel so there's that to be investigated.

• I like it 2

WTRB GONE. I’m Glad I have some in the bunker from November and December 2018 a very good batch. 

09F8038E-27B9-4639-BF73-B9372F2F0B71.thumb.jpeg.0555d4f22debe5b88568311349322359.jpeg

• I like it 2

This particular bottle was just absolutely delicious. IMG_4972.thumb.jpg.d87e556824e46ec4baa93782b1730176.jpg

One of the most amazing underrated bourbons out there.
  • I like it 4

Emptied minus a jigger then converted to an infinity bottle.
IMG_2869.jpg

• I like it 1

On 6/18/2019 at 9:38 PM, NDN98 said:

One of the most amazing underrated bourbons out there.

Quiet, You!

?

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.