Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night finished a bottle of the August 2018 bottling of WT101 and it was damn good to the last drop!  I've read that WT allocated more of the younger barrels to Longbranch so the summer/fall 2018 batches of 101 contain a good percentage of 10 year old barrels and the difference from the 2017 is noticeable.  These have the laser code that begins with LL/G followed by G,H or I (for July, August or Sept.).  Here's the article about it.

https://rarebird101.com/2019/01/15/wild-turkey-101-2018/

I have nursed this bottle for a long time. I just didn't want to finish the bottle.

This bottle was my first EWSiB and really was my gateway to Bourbon town. The bottle held up to so many of the bottles (sometimes at 3-4 times the cost)  I have enjoyed since first opening  the EWSiB.  

Here is to still enjoying entry Bourbon. 

Cheers 

IMG_3033.JPG

• I like it 5

I have nursed this bottle for a long time. I just didn't want to finish the bottle.

This bottle was my first EWSiB and really was my gateway to Bourbon town. The bottle held up to so many of the bottles (sometimes at 3-4 times the cost)  I have enjoyed since first opening  the EWSiB.  

Here is to still enjoying entry Bourbon. 

Cheers 
IMG_3033.thumb.JPG.338bd711f188c13fb8990f6f33ae7886.JPG

Some of those EW Single Barrels are really, really good, especially back when they were around 10 years old. However, I’ve also found a few recent ones that were around 8 years old that were pretty good too.
  • I like it 1

41 minutes ago, Galvin0791 said:

Hard to go wrong with this one. 

20190125_204216.jpg

Mikeeeeee! ^_^  

Uncle Doucé! :lol:

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Mikeeeeee! ^_^  

Uncle Doucé! :lol:

Not to worry, it’s added to the empty bottle stash.

:)

Just now, Galvin0791 said:

Not to worry, it’s added to the empty bottle stash.

LMFAO!   :lol: Thanks Mike. FWIW, I may have another project I might use those empty bottles on. 

With bourbon bottles  instead of Jack......

il_570xN.1003728083_khc2.jpg

• I like it 1

This was really good.

I have grown to respect really good bourbon that’s not at barrel proof. 

FWIW, I got it in an exchange ordeal, so I didn’t drop $130 + tax on it at the gift shop...

I probably won’t replace it as long as I can keep buying ECBP 12y AS for $70, but honestly, I’m going to miss having this one around. 

Watching The Office, btw. 

971790CE-98D3-4549-97BC-8E0F45A58AFB.jpeg

• I like it 3

Finished off a MM46 this afternoon.  I’ll get another eventually but I’ve got a regular MM to open and finish first unless I gift it. :)

MM46 on Sunday and a SAOS 99 proof bourbon tonight. Someone might get the wrong idea. Like many I’m whittling down the inventory. I liked the SAOS but I bought it at a NC ABC store a couple of years ago. We only get the Contradiction in Va. But I did see the Big Level once. 

9 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

These are getting hard to come by even in so called Weller country.

IMG_6138.JPG

Agree.  I was only able to snag one last year, but luckily it was a handle.  2017 was a much better year finding Weller 12.

Polished off a McKenna BIB store select, F warehouse 7th floor.  Picked a few of these up some years ago, I think at $24 a pop or something like that.  HMcK BIB is now $39.99 around here.  Definitely a bourbon’s bourbon.  This is a nice barrel.

9B307E84-4654-4389-9E51-BB7DDFCA3D51.jpeg

• I like it 2

Agree.  I was only able to snag one last year, but luckily it was a handle.  2017 was a much better year finding Weller 12.

Yeah could still find multiples on the shelf in 2017 at some places.
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, jeffrey r said:

Polished off a McKenna BIB store select, F warehouse 7th floor.  Picked a few of these up some years ago, I think at $24 a pop or something like that.  HMcK BIB is now $39.99 around here.  Definitely a bourbon’s bourbon.  This is a nice barrel.

9B307E84-4654-4389-9E51-BB7DDFCA3D51.jpeg

Having been out and about a bunch this past weekend it does seem like that's the case and $39.99 is the new normal 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.