Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sad to see the rye go. The JD BIB is also very solid and a nice step up fri. There regular offer. JD needs more love.

IMG_8130.thumb.jpg.0fce166c2e0db884c63db7ef2adbcc1b.jpg

I’ve never seen JD BB in Minnesota

1 hour ago, BigPapa said:

It is a Duty Free, Traveler's Exclusive release. 

This unfortunately appears to be duty free only.

1 hour ago, Bret Bret said:

One door closes, another opens...

1001191335c.jpg

I have a bottle and backup on the Bowman single barrel. It has the same sticker on it and is from a couple years ago. That barrel (the one I have anyway)  was a really good one and might just give The EJCP a run for it's money.

3 hours ago, RWBadley said:

I have a bottle and backup on the Bowman single barrel. It has the same sticker on it and is from a couple years ago. That barrel (the one I have anyway)  was a really good one and might just give The EJCP a run for it's money.

One pour so far and I know I'll need to take my time with this one.  Congrats on having a backup.

man down. Just trying to decide if I want to replace this with another one or try a different Maker's offering.

20191001_203202.jpg

Last night was bottle kill night.  ECBP batch C917.  This is my favorite batch of ECBP.  Way better than the B519 that I have open and, IMO, better than the 136 proof old style bottle. 

empty ecbp.jpg

This one got better as the fill went down.  Lots of peanut butter and fruit on the nose.  Not my favorite batch, tho.  Country Ham up next...

empty bookers.jpg

This one took a long time to finish.  Not bad but pretty hot at 125+ proof, which is high for 4R PS.

empty 4r ps.jpg

Another bottle kill last night waiting for the power to go out in No. Cal.  Went back and forth on this one.  At first, I loved it, including the vitamin nose.  But toward the end, there seemed to be something "off" on the palate and finish.  Bought a back-up so we'll see how the next one goes. 

dickel bib.jpg

Killed the last small pours from these 4R PS this weekend. One was just under 9 and the other just under 10, OESF and OBSQ. Not bad but I had these open for over a year before I killed them, generally need to be in the mood for them.

IMG_8214.jpg

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Killed the last small pours from these 4R PS this weekend. One was just under 9 and the other just under 10, OESF and OBSQ. Not bad but I had these open for over a year before I killed them, generally need to be in the mood for them.

I know what you mean.  My last bottle lasted a year and a half.  When I was in the mood, I liked it.  It just didn't often call my name. 

• I like it 1

I realize it isn't bourbon, but this just happened. I was about to head to bed, then the Nats tied it up. That deserved another pour. 

This bottle lasted me about 15 months. The deeper I got the more I've enjoyed it. 

20191009_225516.jpg

• I like it 3

Sorry for the sideways photo. Don’t know how to rotate it on my phone.  This BT store pick was delicious. 8 year age stated on the sticker. 

F52328EF-CEEF-4CF9-9C5F-5C81631FBA4B.jpeg

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Sorry for the sideways photo. Don’t know how to rotate it on my phone.  This BT store pick was delicious. 8 year age stated on the sticker. 

F52328EF-CEEF-4CF9-9C5F-5C81631FBA4B.jpeg

my iPhone does the same thing with pics

9y,4m OESO.

still not a big fan of the O’s.

This one was alright since it tastes more like berries and less like dirt...

A07DEC8F-A3A4-441A-898E-E1D21EAEB274.jpeg

• I like it 1

4R PS OBSV.  OBSV, you gotta luv it. A pretty good pick, a tad bit young 8-9 yrs. The hotness paralleled the age. But still a bottle 

I'm happy to have purchased. 

Happy weekend. 

Cheers

IMG_3670.JPG

• I like it 1

Like I mentioned in a couple of posts in another thread, I've been on a bottle killing mission lately. Mission accomplished. ;)

Biba! Joe

emt.jpeg

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Like I mentioned in a couple of posts in another thread, I've been on a bottle killing mission lately. Mission accomplished. ;)

Biba! Joe

emt.jpeg

Wow, Joe... Just: WOW!   You're my hero.  ?     If I had your resolve and dedication . . . Ah, who am I kidding?   I'd still have waaaay too many bottles open.  ?

3 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Wow, Joe... Just: WOW!   You're my hero.  ?     If I had your resolve and dedication . . . Ah, who am I kidding?   I'd still have waaaay too many bottles open.  ?

The next pictures are for you then Rich. ?

I'm doing a little "fall" housekeeping today. The bottles in my above picture are now tucked away in the deep dark recesses of my basement stash of empty bottles. :ph34r: Before y'all start to worry about me, I had some help. Vosgar, Galvin0791, and a couple of guys at work have given me a number of empties. 

Biba! Joe

PS. I'm collecting empties for a couple of projects to work on when I retire. 

emt2.jpeg

emt3.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.