Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

Steven C

Made several manhattans with this bottle between sipping sessions.  A "gold standard" bottle for a reason!

IMG_5895.JPG

• I like it 7

The Black Tot

Easily my absolute favorite newly regularly available spirit product of the last 5 years.

I'll never be without one. It just always works.

• I like it 1

Bret Bret

Goodbye old friend...

1130191111.jpg

• I like it 5

still bringing more whiskey home than we left town with of course...

😁

43C1F444-A584-49D8-92B7-826490BB7047.jpeg

• I like it 1

fosmith
22 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

Goodbye old friend...

1130191111.jpg

How was this?  My LS has a barrel pick of this and I'm considering pulling the trigger.  Wondering if it's finished in sherry casks or such. 

• I like it 1

Bret Bret
8 hours ago, fosmith said:

How was this?  My LS has a barrel pick of this and I'm considering pulling the trigger.  Wondering if it's finished in sherry casks or such. 

No sherry/cognac finish I could discern but a superb balanced well made 13yo bourbon and well worth the asking price.  It's not an everyday sipper for me, just from a cost standpoint, but I just opened a 1376 barrel and already I know it won't last long.  Pull the trigger, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers

parksmart

Sad to drink the last dregs of this bottle.  Luckily, I have some more.....😍

BE829CC5-F396-4AF6-A0D2-CE0FCD852D05.jpeg

Bob_Loblaw

Killed of a recent Wilderness Trail 5yr store pick yesterday. Seems to get good reviews and the word is that they are "doing it right" when it comes to being a craft distillery. Still, I find the juice to be much too corn forward and "yeasty"  I will revisit once they are in the 7-8 year range, but did not terribly enjoy the 5 yr.  Two rounds of Hot Toddy's quickly got me through the last third of the bottle!

mal00768

Bye bye :(

2E8087FC-1E48-4F0B-A239-8845A887CAF6.jpeg

JakeySnakes

IMG_2183.jpg

HoustonNit
Bye bye :(
2E8087FC-1E48-4F0B-A239-8845A887CAF6.thumb.jpeg.46d34f0862ea102aa90b13c9d7705e49.jpeg

The good news is it’s readily available at a very good price.
  • I like it 1

flahute
11 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Killed of a recent Wilderness Trail 5yr store pick yesterday. Seems to get good reviews and the word is that they are "doing it right" when it comes to being a craft distillery. Still, I find the juice to be much too corn forward and "yeasty"  I will revisit once they are in the 7-8 year range, but did not terribly enjoy the 5 yr.  Two rounds of Hot Toddy's quickly got me through the last third of the bottle!

Bourbon or rye?

It's the rye everyone is gushing about (including me). The bourbon needs more time.

• I like it 1

Bob_Loblaw
14 hours ago, flahute said:

Bourbon or rye?

It's the rye everyone is gushing about (including me). The bourbon needs more time.

It was the bourbon.  I agree, the Rye was very good and I would buy a pick of that at the current age for sure.  

I will also admit I thought the Peerless rye was fantastic.  I refuse to buy it out of principal due to the price vs age.  I know that is being a bit hypocritical given that I admit the juice is great, but I do not want to send the message to other craft distillers that it is acceptable to charge $100 for 2 year product.  I hope Peerless keeps the price where it is as their stock ages vs bumping the price per year a la Willett.

LCWoody

Finished an OC 10y tonight. I think I have a few in the bunker, but it’s another age statement gone. 
A1FE5B43-8FB9-4BC8-99F2-C46B1BD32053.thumb.jpeg.ea08ceab8c8591334fef345a6be700b4.jpeg

• I like it 3

Kepler

Finished off a really nice store pick 1792 single barrel.  I liked this SB expression better than the best full proof store pick I have.

Edited by Kepler

The Weller was polished off earlier this week.  Enjoying the last of the 1920 this afternoon while sorting through a ridiculous pile of mostly junk mail that’s accumulated over the past month or so.

😐

30F8BD48-9CE2-4C96-810C-41A2C54C15A2.jpeg

• I like it 3

ThomasGazelle

Finished this off tonight.  It was a find in the back row of a bunch of 2011 dates so I snatched up two...well worth it.

9CF871D7-B22A-4548-A754-B9F58A35B9D3.jpeg

• I like it 1

Clueby

Finished this one off tonight finally. Best value in bourbon.

20191207_214631-1612x784.jpg

• I like it 2

clearmoon247
13 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Best value in bourbon

When we made our trip though KY back in the spring, we grabbed JW Dant, JTS Brown, TW Samuels, and VOB 100 proof, but skipped Early Times BiB. Will need to check it out next time we go.

fishnbowljoe

I've been keeping my bottle purge going in order to make some room on my "open" shelf for a couple of new bottles I plan on opening soon. FWIW, by finishing the ps Blanton's, I now have all the bottle top/letters. :D

Biba! Joe

dempt.jpeg

btops.jpeg

• I like it 7

clearmoon247
8 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I now have all the bottle top/letters

Did you get both types of "N"?

fishnbowljoe
5 minutes ago, clearmoon247 said:

Did you get both types of "N"?

Yes, in multiples. :huh: I swapped/traded all the extras I had at our get together in Bardstown back in April. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

kemosabe

I was lucky enough to have had a couple drams of Weller CYPB recently, but I gotta say - I like W12 more.  I'm glad to have more in the bunker.

IMG_1907.jpg

• I like it 1

LCWoody

I’m finishing off a good ER17 Spring 2016. Not a bad way to start a Saturday afternoon. 
199F47B5-5A7F-49BC-A8C6-2BB68DBB6376.thumb.jpeg.c7e5b6c40d2be7a6d4be58c31f948a03.jpeg

• I like it 4

jvd99

5CACC5B3-8831-4374-BD8E-C25D66523F8B.jpeg.5ba58d2bc2ce8184000772ffbe7fc0fc.jpeg

• I like it 1