What Rye Did You Purchase/Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/28/2019 at 9:35 PM, Oli77 said:

Mine is called Ryediculous and is very tasty, heck, it is a favorite of mine but the volume of those 200 mL, is just that, small. ??

Have not seen any 200ml bottles.

I got mine from the gift shop last Nov (2018) and it's a 750ml.

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Found a mess of DSP 354 Rittenhouse

y4mMyk2gN7lOrs8bx34sVa-Yp6cm01FaDDLJJEtp

Man you are the current dusty king

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Man you are the current dusty king

Better to be lucky than good maybe?

11 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Those bottles look different than those we find in KY. Same price here. 

Poor record player!

55 minutes ago, Oli77 said:

Those bottles look different than those we find in KY. Same price here. 

Poor record player!

They are a few years old from when Heaven Hill still wasn't bottling their own Rye after the fire in 1996, these were actually distilled at Brown-Forman, for a very brief time these bottles were used with the current DSP-1 Heaven Hill but they changed pretty quickly to what you see on the shelves now. 

The Mrs.  put a lot of hurt on this bottle in a fairly short amount of time. 

Its really darn good. 

AE36B42B-FD53-4ED4-9F4B-B031EBCC22B7.jpeg

This is absolutely fantastic. The single barrell store pick KC and KC Rye are (IMO) the best price & age for the dollar available right now. 

20190331_185741.jpg

• I like it 4

Made a stop at Peerless today as I am in town for a barrel pick at 4 roses tomorrow. Had the 3yo small batch and 3 different 3yo single barrels. One of the single barrels stood out compared to the others (although I still didn’t really care for the small batch) but still falling a little short of the asking price for me...

7159E7D6-6701-4900-8F9D-C97E1A960C73.thumb.jpeg.855cdee4f9b659d24529ab6fbec80882.jpeg

Hooefully with time they will will get there. But still a little ways to go.

• I like it 2

On 3/30/2019 at 8:58 PM, 0895 said:

Have not seen any 200ml bottles.

I got mine from the gift shop last Nov (2018) and it's a 750ml.

200ml was readily available in the gift shop today. Not sure the 200ml has made it to Atlanta but also haven’t really been looking much of late (for anything).

29 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Made a stop at Peerless today as I am in town for a barrel pick at 4 roses tomorrow. Had the 3yo small batch and 3 different 3yo single barrels. One of the single barrels stood out compared to the others (although I still didn’t really care for the small batch) but still falling a little short of the asking price for me...

7159E7D6-6701-4900-8F9D-C97E1A960C73.thumb.jpeg.855cdee4f9b659d24529ab6fbec80882.jpeg

Hooefully with time they will will get there. But still a little ways to go.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I thought the 2 year showed promise.  Curious if you think the differences in bottles were attributable to the sweet mash process of different batches or where the barrels were aged.

Just now, El Vino said:

Thanks for your thoughts.  I thought the 2 year showed promise.  Curious if you think the differences in bottles were attributable to the sweet mash process of different batches or where the barrels were aged.

To me it seems like it is probably the impact of the individual barrel. They don’t age anything over about 6 rows high at the distillery or apparently at any of their remote locations so warehouse location is likely to be less of an impact over time. I expect most of their oldest barrels are still at the Rick house located at the distillery. 

Also saw some barrels of bourbon that have just turned 4yo so presumably that release won’t be too far away. June of this year if I remember correctly. Kentucky only to start with and then will go wider. No idea what the cost will be!

On 3/31/2019 at 12:04 AM, kevinbrink said:

Damn, you're the worst!

• I like it 1

On 3/31/2019 at 5:03 PM, JCwhammie said:

This is absolutely fantastic. The single barrell store pick KC and KC Rye are (IMO) the best price & age for the dollar available right now. 

20190331_185741.jpg

Couldn’t agree more.

Amazing job there Kevin on the Ritt 354.  I still have a stash of the 354--good stuff for $20ish a bottle.  You must have done quite the double-take when you saw those sitting there.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

Amazing job there Kevin on the Ritt 354.  I still have a stash of the 354--good stuff for $20ish a bottle.  You must have done quite the double-take when you saw those sitting there.

It's funny I've run into a bunch of DSP1 in those bottles over the last few years so I kind of just assumed it would be more of those needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when I flipped to the back of the bottle, the only real issue was how many I was buying at that point.  For context I left a couple Laphroaig 18's on the shelf so needless to say I was pretty excited. 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:45 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

Yes, I’m posting in the rye forum. Don’t everybody faint. :huh:  My wife and I needed some time away, so we took a drive up into Wisconsin yesterday. We stopped in one small town to get gas. There just happened to be a liquor store right next door. ^_^ Long story short, I bought a handle of Fleischmans Rye.  I figured I’d bring it to put on the Gazebo table  at our get together next month. 

Biba! Joe

Who are you and what have you done with Joe?

Jinks! Just bought one here on vacation in Florida! I love it, single barrel and cask strength? store pick ! Might have to get another one to bring back to Kentucky! 20190402_194224.jpg

• I like it 2

On 2/7/2019 at 7:51 PM, LCWoody said:

Finishing the night with a fantastic Rye, Redemption 10y. Very very good. 

97DED6B9-4082-4232-8BBA-0AA75B0100E8.thumb.jpeg.ff86900c64248666303951cd1ec32050.jpeg

This stuff is stellar. gonna go grab another one for the bunker. holy cow man

• I like it 2

RR 6YO tonight.  Have always loved this one.  It has been slowly going up in price here but still reasonable.

Seem to be going through this one fast.  Why is it that bottles of rye never last as long as bourbon? 

Grabbed a Piggy Back 6 year WP. Didnt know if it was gonna be a regular release or a hard to find bottle. $49 so worth a gamble. 

Any buzz about this one?

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

36 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Grabbed a Piggy Back 6 year WP. Didnt know if it was gonna be a regular release or a hard to find bottle. $49 so worth a gamble. 

Any buzz about this one?

Surprised this one is already out there in the wild, Label Approval wasn't very long ago at all, I don't love the price but I'd be interested in trying it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.