What Rye Did You Purchase/Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, jwperry said:

..IMG_20190714_145145506_HDR.jpg

I finally picked up a WTMK Revival the other day.  I’m looking forward to seeing this one in the wild .

I finally picked up a WTMK Revival the other day.  I’m looking forward to seeing this one in the wild .
Revival is/was my favorite.

I'm a few pours I to this one and it might leap it. For me, the revival took a few pours to "open up". Cornerstone has been awesome from the first pour.
WT101 Rye with vanilla notes on the end and smooth all the way through.
This is what a $160 whiskey should be...
  • I like it 3

Finished a good one tonight, I will definitely have another bottle open soon. 

8714B41A-9634-4808-B38C-4294688384DE.thumb.jpeg.6979dae4a9c8adfac63b209b93a6690f.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 7/14/2019 at 3:08 PM, jwperry said:

..IMG_20190714_145145506_HDR.jpg

This is one that I really hope I can get.  The good news is that this series has been pretty easy to find the past few years.

• I like it 1

This is one that I really hope I can get.  The good news is that this series has been pretty easy to find the past few years.
I do feel one of the advantages to being a Wild Turkey fan is that I don't have to really fight or pay stupid money for amazing product.
  • I like it 2

I do feel one of the advantages to being a Wild Turkey fan is that I don't have to really fight or pay stupid money for amazing product.

I think WT has also priced their LE products high enough to limit the secondary market from having much effect, and the number of bottles available has usually been pretty high for LE releases. I believe the numbers on this MK release are supposed to be a bit lower than the Revival release, so I’ll be picking one up as soon as I find one.
  • I like it 1

On 7/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Anything is possible but it is a bit hard imagining that a distillery doesn't know anything about what is in a barrel they picked!

Did the distillery headstamp on the barrel  get somehow erased?

Grabbed an older WTKS because I wanted to make sure I had a tail feather bottle. Also they had 375’s of Bulleit and Bulleit Rye for 2 for 19.99. I grabbed four (3 bourbon, 1 rye) but thinking of stopping tomorrow for more. That’s really a great price.

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Grabbed an older WTKS because I wanted to make sure I had a tail feather bottle. Also they had 375’s of Bulleit and Bulleit Rye for 2 for 19.99. I grabbed four (3 bourbon, 1 rye) but thinking of stopping tomorrow for more. That’s really a great price.

A local store here has kinda the same deal. $19.99 for a boxed two pack containing one Bulleit and one Bulleit Rye.

Biba! Joe

Enjoying a lovely mingle I made a while back:  Collingwood 21yr Rye & 5yr WFE Rye (50/50).  I enjoyed the 5yr WFE, and the Collingwood 21yr was nice - but underproofed.  This really hits right in my wheelhouse.  Has that rye spice pop, along with those Canadian rye notes of pine and maple, with nuance - but at 95 proof still some punch.  

• I like it 1

Taking the '18 Michter's 10yr for a first spin tonight.  Not impressed with the nose at all, but I never  judge a whiskey primarily by the nose anyway, so no big deal.  On to the palate and finish... taste very good , one of the few ryes I've tasted with heavy oak being the dominant note.  This is a good whiskey but for the money I think I'd go for their LE barrel proof first.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 1

The Michter's 10yr kept getting better with each subsequent pour (funny how that works, huh).   Really enjoyed it, and decided that as a unique experience, it's worth the extra cost for one bottle, just to try it.

• I like it 3

Now I'm finishing out the night with a familiar bottle, 2016 CEHT Rye.  It's working well tonight.  

• I like it 2

Purchased and opened today. I just cant get enough rye these last few weeks.   

20190718_211043.jpg

• I like it 4

Enjoyed two pours of Booker's Rye tonight. So much depth, motor oil like viscosity and a finish that is 8 Days a Week long. 

Cheers 

• I like it 3

Finally got hold of some Old Forester Rye a couple weeks ago in VA.  I'd say it is very nice for $19.99.  A little sweet on the front end but finishes with some nice spice.  Definitely buy again.

On 7/18/2019 at 9:16 PM, JCwhammie said:

Purchased and opened today. I just cant get enough rye these last few weeks.   

20190718_211043.jpg

101 is great stuff.

We still need to do that rye tasting sometime...  :)

23 hours ago, 0895 said:

101 is great stuff.

We still need to do that rye tasting sometime...  :)

Maybe we can get that put together for the 2nd half of August or early September 

• I like it 1

I went into the wine and spirits department of a favorite supermarket with the idea of buying some Stagg Jr to replace a bottle that I had emptied. There wasn't any Jr but behind the counter were bottles of WSR, ER10, and some Baby Saz. Baby Saz is a far cry from the Stagg Jr but its consistent quality of flavor and its rarity at MSRP these days made the sale for me. Wednesdays are rye whiskey day at Casa de PG so it was a right place, right time kind of deal for me.

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, Kepler said:

Redemption BP rye batch #1 8 year tonight.

One of my favorites, been drinking on one for a few months. Glad to have more put away?

• I like it 1

I just might be the biggest fan of Baby Saz around. Just so yummy straight AND so versatile.

I just might be the biggest fan of Baby Saz around. Just so yummy straight AND so versatile.

I’ve got some baby saz in the glass. It’s perfectly fine but kind of boring. Just me and my odd preferences.
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.