What Rye Did You Purchase/Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wilderness Trial BP rye from my April trip. I really love this whiskey, its fine at BP but really shine IMO with a few drops of water , multilayered, complex I get a delicious apricot note from it among many others then into a long lasting finish with hints of dark chocolate. The deeper I get into this bottle the more I like it, glad I hear it will be available without a road trip!! Though I do love that road trip :).

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Wilderness Trial BP rye from my April trip. I really love this whiskey, its fine at BP but really shine IMO with a few drops of water , multilayered, complex I get a delicious apricot note from it among many others then into a long lasting finish with hints of dark chocolate. The deeper I get into this bottle the more I like it, glad I hear it will be available without a road trip!! Though I do love that road trip :).

This is just starting to show up in Iowa, and everyone seems to think highly of it. I'll probably grab one of the local stores get it.

10 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Wilderness Trail is absolutely killing it with their BP rye.

• I like it 1

^ could not agree more. Outstanding product that will likely get better with age. 

Pikesville is hitting on all cylinders tonight.  Rich, thick, balanced and a great finish.  Times like this make me wonder why I even bother chasing anything else...

• I like it 2

Last night was all set to be a 4R night and then at the last second I switched gears and returned to the WTr BP rye I went on about a couple days ago. It didn't disappoint and as I said before I am enjoying what I already liked on initial sip even more with each successive dram. 

Staying with Beam after some delicious Baker's and capping tonight off with some KCCS Rye.  @#$%^* delicious!

• I like it 4

Opened a HW Rendezvous Rye.  My first time with this (or any HW product) and I must say that I am pretty pleased with it.   The price has come down on it recently, most likely due to addition of their own distillate, and I won't complain about that. 

17 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Another owl— haven’t really seen much press on this release...

D0BBCF92-F4EE-4E92-B83A-5B39E516A772.thumb.jpeg.65106d46baa2db8704dbbc6fe9bf528b.jpeg

Is that batch 3?

I'd be interested to hear what you think.  Especially if you tried batch 1 and 2.

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Is that batch 3?

I'd be interested to hear what you think.  Especially if you tried batch 1 and 2.

Yes, it's Batch 3-- with Batch 2 still sitting on the shelf. You would think they would've noticed the negatives in their secondary pricing structure by now. At least it's carrying an age statement.

IMG_2417.thumb.jpg.bf82e78ddeb3fc14d8e47c27a325312b.jpg

• I like it 1

This Jack Daniels Tennessee Tasters Selection rye is one of the best I’ve had in a long time, and that includes this year’s Michter’s BP. If you see it, snatch it up. Here it’s 40/375ml and worth every penny. 

C6827DE5-C892-498E-B073-C3319F27C53C.jpeg

• I like it 1

This Jack Daniels Tennessee Tasters Selection rye is one of the best I’ve had in a long time, and that includes this year’s Michter’s BP. If you see it, snatch it up. Here it’s 40/375ml and worth every penny. 
C6827DE5-C892-498E-B073-C3319F27C53C.jpeg.5c5745b4c6a74d239f231f615c6d9499.jpeg

Shhhhhhhhh! [emoji2958]

On 8/24/2019 at 6:07 PM, Marekv8 said:

Yes, it's Batch 3-- with Batch 2 still sitting on the shelf. You would think they would've noticed the negatives in their secondary pricing structure by now. At least it's carrying an age statement.

So is it the same price as Batch 2? More? I likely won't buy without trying first and even then not anywhere close to Batch 2 cost. It is maybe worth $100 to me. Emphasis on maybe.

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

So is it the same price as Batch 2? More? I likely won't buy without trying first and even then not anywhere close to Batch 2 cost. It is maybe worth $100 to me. Emphasis on maybe.

It was $165.00-- which puts it dead in the middle between the Wild Turkey Cornerstone and Whistlepig 15yo.

Angel’s Envy Rye must be your next foray into Rye. You’ll be amazed. Robust flavor and dangerously smooth. 

Also, I toured the facility in Louisville last week.  Some Marine buddies and I. They treated us like kings. Great experience 

Opened a Pikesville last night. My first full bottle of it. I had the little bottle that came in that HH sampler gift pack and had bought a full bottle based on that. Really enjoyable.

• I like it 2

I know I’ve seen some mixed reviews on this one, but I really like it.  In this day of overpriced products, I think it’s pretty fairly priced as well. 

BC3B8143-B751-4DE6-8107-B36E4BED2519.jpeg

• I like it 3

29 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

I know I’ve seen some mixed reviews on this one, but I really like it.  In this day of overpriced products, I think it’s pretty fairly priced as well. 

BC3B8143-B751-4DE6-8107-B36E4BED2519.jpeg

Tried some of that KC2B today and really enjoyed it.

Cracked open this bottle today at a rye tasting. Batch 2 from 2018 and it was stellar!

20190831_213141-784x1613.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 1

Angel’s Envy Rye must be your next foray into Rye. You’ll be amazed. Robust flavor and dangerously smooth. 

Also, I toured the facility in Louisville last week.  Some Marine buddies and I. They treated us like kings. Great experience 

I like it, but it is a rum finished rye, so it might not be for everyone. I’ve been to a lot of the Kentucky Distilleries, but I still haven’t made it to the Angel’s Envy Distillery. It sounds like you had a great time during your visit. Semper Fi Marine!
  • I like it 1

23 hours ago, Clueby said:

Tried some of that KC2B today and really enjoyed it.

Cracked open this bottle today at a rye tasting. Batch 2 from 2018 and it was stellar!

20190831_213141-784x1613.jpg

My favorite pour of the night. I'll definitely add a bottle next time they release it. 

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

My favorite pour of the night. I'll definitely add a bottle next time they release it. 

I was stunned when I tried Eric's batch 1 from 2017. I ended up not getting a bottle of batch 3 this summer as finances were a little tight at the time. I even told the owner/distiller that not only was this "Handy-good" it was very Handy like as well.

2nd go with this last night. Still damn good no matter what the price is but the price makes it even better I think.
IMG_3258.JPG

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.