What Rye Did You Purchase/Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wife found some 375’s of 2013 HW Rendezvous Rye this afternoon while I was looking at the Maker’s mark Christmas display.

We might have cleared the shelf (4 375ml bottles.... so really only 2  750ml bottles).

:)

Its really damn good.  There’s nothing like that old rye, and this batch seems heavy on the Barton.

Im happy as hell, but more importantly, so is she!

F0FB5257-6331-410D-9ADA-F57C12A1764C.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 11/28/2019 at 12:25 PM, 0895 said:

Well this is just about perfect today.

Goes very well with the leftover seasoned apples that didn’t fit in the pie pan.

2A410F35-41D7-44B5-8562-8E7DBA4DE202.jpeg

I freakin' love that stuff right there.

• I like it 3

Enjoying some HW Midwinter while watching a great slate of college football games. This stuff is working well after a serving of Mrs Kepler's homemade apple pie. Mmmm-mmm 

• I like it 1

It has been a fantastic holiday weekend so far, and that calls for a drink to match this Saturday evening while I settle down to finally watch some college football. 

45923BAD-D046-4277-95C4-72869EDD16DB.jpeg

• I like it 1

Gratis WP10 in a go cup from a great Sky Club bartender. The staff at the front desk signaled me through with a wink...

36F4CDFB-9261-4FA8-ADC6-3F8CDF60430B.thumb.jpeg.ba8c6f7e4be0a2deddd72a3bcf033e81.jpeg

• I like it 4

Whilst shelves are being cleared of the WA top 20, I picked up a 2019 Dads Hat Bib, which I believe is the first time that has appeared in GA. I shall enjoy a pour this evening.

• I like it 1

The "Inverted Jenny" of rye was discovered when pulling off the tissue wrap once home. Maybe that's why it flew for a kindly $99.00…

IMG_3546.thumb.jpg.e4d3c389d1dbd1dcbc972a5de159163b.jpg

• I like it 4

47 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

The "Inverted Jenny" of rye was discovered when pulling off the tissue wrap once home. Maybe that's why it flew for a kindly $99.00…

I saw a GTS from last year that was about an inch off, but that's a bit obnoxious.

They must've been sipping while bottling.

:)

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Rick M. said:

What did you think of this?

Admittingly, I'm really not a fan of any Beam bourbons. They are just not in my wheelhouse. This is my 1st try with their rye. It is not as spicy as I like a rye to be, but I find it very drinkable neat at 127 proof.

• I like it 1

On 12/7/2019 at 3:22 PM, Marekv8 said:

"Inverted Jenny" - that doesn't refer to a very rare postage stamp with a mis-printed upside-down bi-plane does it?  That's a new one on me - please expand my understanding of rye knowledge.  But very slowly since I'm recovering from a large dose of Whistle Pig Boss Hog VI Samurai Scientist from last nght.  Good thing SWMBO was there to drive me home.  ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

"Inverted Jenny" - that doesn't refer to a very rare postage stamp with a mis-printed upside-down bi-plane does it?  That's a new one on me - please expand my understanding of rye knowledge.  But very slowly since I'm recovering from a large dose of Whistle Pig Boss Hog VI Samurai Scientist from last nght.  Good thing SWMBO was there to drive me home.  ?

How was the Samurai? 

Knob Creek rye with lunch at the bar— this is waaaay too sweet for me. This is the first year that the hotel doesn’t have a few allocated bourbons for the holidays— must be a sign of the times. 

724FA6CA-33F3-461A-8850-8DFEB56C288D.thumb.jpeg.fbccb5f209f3aef9fda255b55767a7e6.jpeg

9 hours ago, GeeTen said:

I'm glad someone else asked - I had no idea what that post was about.

@Marekv8???

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

I'm glad someone else asked - I had no idea what that post was about.

@Marekv8???

Only a reference to the unusual production defect.

Funny thing was, the same shop had just taken in a Michter's Rye without a front label.

3 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Funny thing was, the same shop had just taken in a Michter's Rye without a front label.

What was the defect? Was the sticker supposed to be on the front under the main label?

I don't have a...   ...er...   Handy handy.

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

What was the defect? Was the sticker supposed to be on the front under the main label?

I don't have a...   ...er...   Handy handy.

Yes-- more like this (not perfect, but at least in the ballpark)…

IMG_2463.thumb.JPG.6c57441c12e3743f1ff15e63a142a10c.JPG

Love this time of year— the bars typically have “computer problems” that result in gratis pours for cash tips. To keep on thread, a Whistlepig 10. 

1CB4E40E-3155-4D11-ADAD-301FB21C8905.thumb.jpeg.a56616128b2c7de953c052ff4e4d589f.jpeg

On 12/10/2019 at 4:06 PM, Marekv8 said:

Are you buying booze at Big Lots again?

• I like it 4

First time sipping on Old Forester Rye, it was a sample @El Vino was kind enough to pour for me last year, this is easily the best non JD Brown Foreman American Whiskey I have had the high malt in the mash feels noticeable, a really interesting pour. 

• I like it 2

A pour of this at a local store and bought a bottle of RR SiB Rye to have after dinner. Nice Ryeday the 13th...

20191213_161020.jpg

• I like it 6

On 12/13/2019 at 6:08 PM, JCwhammie said:

A pour of this at a local store and bought a bottle of RR SiB Rye to have after dinner. Nice Ryeday the 13th...

20191213_161020.jpg

How do you like the Redemption? I've had a couple bottles of the High Rye 10 year bourbon (which I really like), and have been thinking picking up the Rye too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.