What Rye Did You Purchase/Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

26 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

It would be awesome if they did start doing barrel picks of RR rye. I don’t recall seeing any of those but maybe they have existed and I just have missed them. RR bourbon barrel picks seem to be a sweet spot these days certainly. 

Yeah I’ll certainly pick up an RB rye eventually. I am a WT rye fan in general. I drink more WT101R than any other rye, by far 

I believe they used to do a few (very few) SiB picks before their rye stocks got depleted. I'm cautiously optimistic that they might try to bring those back eventually.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by Kepler
typo, ...fingers not finger
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

It would be awesome if they did start doing barrel picks of RR rye. I don’t recall seeing any of those but maybe they have existed and I just have missed them. RR bourbon barrel picks seem to be a sweet spot these days certainly. 

Yeah I’ll certainly pick up an RB rye eventually. I am a WT rye fan in general. I drink more WT101R than any other rye, by far 

Kepler, don't disagree and have plenty of great RRSibRye also. Same price here and I like the profile and consistent nature of the RB Rye with worrying about barrel differences. I wish they gave us some barrel info though.  But I'd love some single barrels Russell's picks!

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2020 at 6:52 PM, markandrex said:

Walked into a WFE 7 years rye as part of a WFE package deal.  The store had two 6 year bourbons and the rye.  I kept seeing them behind the counter.  Six months ago they wanted $250 each.  Three months ago it was $200.  Today was $150.  We settled at $114.99 and a case of OE7 at $40 each.

D61CDB74-5D66-4DF4-BBA2-32962FB9F4A7.jpeg

You have some serious connections man. I cant scratch up a WT BiB to save my life...and a 7 yr willett sitting unbought much less reduced  anywhere near me is not happening. Great haul!

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 7:52 PM, markandrex said:

Walked into a WFE 7 years rye as part of a WFE package deal.  The store had two 6 year bourbons and the rye.  I kept seeing them behind the counter.  Six months ago they wanted $250 each.  Three months ago it was $200.  Today was $150.  We settled at $114.99 and a case of OE7 at $40 each.

A WFE shelf turd. 

I think this is my favorite story so far of 2020.

• I like it 1

Definitely a good pour!  According to the label it is their distillate , young but definitely one to keep on hand.

AA8786D7-0A07-4718-ACB6-9F8E0B470F17.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Oops. Wrong thread

Was it one of those funky rums that Joe likes so much?

1 minute ago, flahute said:

Was it one of those funky rums that Joe likes so much?

Nope, I just realized this was the 2019 thread. 

Just now, BigRich said:

Nope, I just realized this was the 2019 thread. 

Good eye. I see that I totally screwed up on this thread too!

On 11/28/2020 at 2:13 PM, flahute said:

Good eye. I see that I totally screwed up on this thread too!

That makes three of us.??‍♂️

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.