What bourbon did you pass on winter/spring 2019?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

54 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Peerless Rye 200mL $25

Knotter Rye 375mL $25

FR OESK 10 yrs 2 months $65

Ohh I think I might have bitten on the Knotter Rye. Blaum right? The Knotter Bourbon has been one of my favorites this last year.

11 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Ohh I think I might have bitten on the Knotter Rye. Blaum right? The Knotter Bourbon has been one of my favorites this last year.

I didnt see any age statement. Do you know if this is young MGP rye?

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Why?  That doesn't sound too bad to me...

Peerless Rye 200mL $25
Knotter Rye 375mL $25

The FR OESK price is in line with what most FR PS barrel strength bottles are going for these days...guess you just weren’t interested.

9 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Why?  That doesn't sound too bad to me...

Youre right.. probably a great deal. I just haven’t liked any of the FR that ive had ever..except yellow label

6 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

The FR OESK price is in line with what most FR PS barrel strength bottles are going for these days...guess you just weren’t interested.

Probably would have if it was the OESO. The 10 year age was tempting but have been disappointed one too many times.

• I like it 2

You’re probably right about this. Just because the Knotter bourbon gets a lotta love, doesn’t make the rye an auto buy. I probably would’ve picked up Peerless 200ML at $25 and would insta bought a 10+ OESK at $65.

20 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Oh, I've not seen it and assumed it was the same cask strength and age stated as the bourbon.  The google shows me some NAS 100pf bottles so if that is what it was I would be less inclined to pick up. 

If they just had a red label and were 17 proof higher. ?

I also passed on baby saz for $29.99. 

20190118_140214.jpg

IMO, recent batches have been better.  I’d a bought a case!  :lol:I

I wouldn’t have bought a case, since I’m not a huge fan of WSR, but I still would have bought a couple of bottles at that price.
  • I like it 1

7 hours ago, Paddy said:

IMO, recent batches have been better.  I’d a bought a case!  :lol:I

2 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I wouldn’t have bought a case, since I’m not a huge fan of WSR, but I still would have bought a couple of bottles at that price.

I’d have bought a case. ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

If they just had a red label and were 17 proof higher. ?
I also passed on baby saz for $29.99. 
20190118_140214.thumb.jpg.1b1ea0085c03ac43d5e1bee562ec5fef.jpg

I think I passed those up earlier this week in the same store. But did walk out with a pikesville.
  • I like it 3

I’d have bought a case. [emoji6]

Biba! Joe

Well...duh! That is no surprise! [emoji6]

17 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Well...duh! That is no surprise! emoji6.png

What can I say?  Once a whore......:lol:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

47 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

I think I passed those up earlier this week in the same store. But did walk out with a pikesville.

I grabbed a WT101. I was hoping to find a ECBP (which I got at a really good price there last time I was there), but I was not successful. 

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’d have bought a case. ;)

Biba! Joe

Does a bear sh_t in the woods?

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

Does a bear sh_t in the woods?

Only if he eats regular.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Can't really say I passed on it given that I've bought two bottles in the last month, but a local store has had several bottles of Blanton's on the shelf since Christmas. I should probably bunker more for the inevitable dry spell, but I've been too interested in buying bottles of stuff I haven't tried. 

• I like it 2

WSR, Blanton's, HMcK...I am a buyer unless the price is outrageous.  It all depends on distribution in your particular area.  We don't any of these very often in Indy.

Went out looking today, just to waste some time.  Passed on:

Kentucky Owl Rye - $200.00

Old Fitzgerald BIB -  $169.00

Wathen's Barrel Strength X 2 - $82.00 - $84.00

Wathens PS X 2 - $46.00

ECBP X 2 - $70.00

KC Double Barreled Rye - $45.00

Not paying that for the Owl or Old Fitz.  If I knew anything about the Wathen's I might pick one of them up (anybody have any information on them).  I'm hesitating pulling the trigger on the EC since the last BP I had was so hot I could barely drink it (anybody have any information on these).  I'll probably go back and pick up the KC for sure.

@CardsandBourbon one of the locals here has gotten in a few Wathen’s BS picks. They say they most likely source is Buffalo Trace. If so not really interested in buying something that’s $20-$30 more than Stagg Jr without trying it.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:15 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

I love the Old Fangled Knotter, but not at $99. Anyone know why they went from $79 to $99 with one bottling? At that price, I'll take the non-finished Joseph Magnus. 

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

@CardsandBourbon one of the locals here has gotten in a few Wathen’s BS picks. They say they most likely source is Buffalo Trace. If so not really interested in buying something that’s $20-$30 more than Stagg Jr without trying it.

I have a bottle in front of me. Been really trying to like it. Just leaves me flat. Have a well tasted friend who really likes it a lot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.