What bourbon did you pass on winter/spring 2019?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I passed on Old Taylor 6yr age stated for $15. I didn’t know they still made that. Is that a dusty that I need to run back and grab?  Is it any good or is it bottom shelf and belongs there?

9 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

ECBP @ $62.99

Was it the price, you don't like ECBP, or you have too many in your bunker? 

So my local got the new WTKS bottle, and they posted it on their blog. I must say that I'm disappointed it's actually a few dollars higher than a private pick they did from 2 years ago and still have a few cases of. I was hopeful that the price might drop a bit since they no longer use the more expensive bottle. It makes me want to kick a Campari exec right in butt. 

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

So my local got the new WTKS bottle, and they posted it on their blog. I must say that I'm disappointed it's actually a few dollars higher than a private pick they did from 2 years ago and still have a few cases of. I was hopeful that the price might drop a bit since they no longer use the more expensive bottle. It makes me want to kick a Campari exec right in butt. 

I've seen a few of the old style bottles around town, just today even.  I loved that bottle.  Glad I got one at Christmas time.  Will probably hold on to the empty.

Passed on some HMcK10BIB at $39.99 today.

I did pick up some 2018 KBS today.  For some reason the distributor just released a bunch of this.

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Was it the price, you don't like ECBP, or you have too many in your bunker? 

I have 3 bunkered and my wife would’ve probably killed me. I’ve been going a tad over budget on whiskey!  I loved the price. 

Edited by Curtis Reed

On 2/13/2019 at 10:40 PM, PaulO said:

OGD BIB appeared at a local grocery store.  I will go back for several next time they have the spirits sale.  Mbroo knows what I'm talking about.

Is this getting hard to find in your area?

7 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I passed on Old Taylor 6yr age stated for $15. I didn’t know they still made that. Is that a dusty that I need to run back and grab?  Is it any good or is it bottom shelf and belongs there?

The actual age statement has been gone but the number 6 was still on the last bottle I saw https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/old-taylor-kentucky-bourbon-whiskey-plastic#/product?productSize=0

Thanks.  This was an out of the way place so hopefully they are still on the shelf when I get back in the next few week. These definitely had the 6yr old statement on them. 

4 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

ECBP @ $62.99

I paid $49 for a bottle today. Now I feel like I should stop by tomorrow and grab another. 

Look at all the money I saved!!!

9 hours ago, Supercharger said:

There Ya' Go!!!!    Buy more; save more!  :o  Buy fifty bottles, and you'll have enough money saved to overpay on the secondary market for PVWFR!!!  :wacko:

Edited by Richnimrod
  • I like it 1

14 hours ago, DCFan said:

Is this getting hard to find in your area?

For some reason grocery and drug stores don't carry bonded whiskey, so I was glad to see this.  

On 2/18/2019 at 1:44 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

That was made by Beam.  Imagine something about in between JB white label, and black label.  I remember an aftertaste similar to flat Dr. Pepper soda (but not in a bad way).  I say worth $15 for a dusty age stated bottle.  Too bad only 80 proof.

• I like it 3

18 hours ago, Supercharger said:

I paid $49 for a bottle today. Now I feel like I should stop by tomorrow and grab another. 

I passed on a few of the B518 batch last year for a great price. Already had 2 and with three releases each year how many ECBP did I really need? Well I have been sipping from a few batches recently which have all been stellar and with prices seeming to be going up left and right I can say there will be no more passing on Sub $50 ECBP for me!

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

how many ECBP did I really need? 

More than whatever it is you have now.

• I like it 3

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Its not going to blow you away. Just Beam whiskey. There is worse things to spend 15 bucks on.

• I like it 1

CEHT Small Batch and 1792 BIB. Already have a couple CEHT's in the bunker and I'm just not a fan of Barton. Did pick up a HMcK10 for $30.

Edited by BDanner

21 minutes ago, Stump1998 said:

Its not going to blow you away. Just Beam whiskey. There is worse things to spend 15 bucks on.

For $15 I would probably grab a bottle or two 

Pappy 15 year $1295.00. 

Lol Why cant i be rich and not care about joe much money something is. What are people paying for this? If not the inflated prices. Blah.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:44 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

So I stopped in and bought a 750 and a liter bottle of the Old Taylor 6yr age stated today. Everyone is saying it’s made by Beam but my bottles read “Distilled and Bottled Under United States Government Supervision by Old Fashioned Copper Distillery, Franklin County, Frankfort, KY”. Nothing about that makes me think Beam. I thought OFC was part of Buffalo Trace. 

C90E860C-08B9-4AF3-8D1E-2E98FE36BEE4.jpeg

• I like it 1

So I stopped in and bought a 750 and a liter bottle of the Old Taylor 6yr age stated today. Everyone is saying it’s made by Beam but my bottles read “Distilled and Bottled Under United States Government Supervision by Old Fashioned Copper Distillery, Franklin County, Frankfort, KY”. Nothing about that makes me think Beam. I thought OFC was part of Buffalo Trace. 

C90E860C-08B9-4AF3-8D1E-2E98FE36BEE4.thumb.jpeg.ce5f5e86174b11fbe4a603c93ff69cdb.jpeg

Let us know what you think. I remember someone posting about these a few years back and was kind of disappointed. I enjoy OC8yr and JB Black 8yr, would hope this is comparable to one of those. Also I’m passing on plastic handles if I saw fifths or liter bottles I might of went for it.

I keep passing on ECBP A119.  I rarely see it and know if I want one, I should buy it while I can.  The price ($62.99) is ok.  I suppose if it is still there when the store has its next sale I will be "forced" to buy one.  I love ECBP and I don't have an A119.  I have other bottles and I am just trying to hold onto some money for other things.  What?  I am not sure.  I guess I will know when I see them.

I passed up on a bottle of Nikka Straight from the Barrel today. And I’ve been hunting for one. 

But The store wanted $200 for it...!!

2 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

C90E860C-08B9-4AF3-8D1E-2E98FE36BEE4.jpeg

Sazerac bought the copyright from Beam.  I thought the "6 year" was all Beam, but Frankfort means BT.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, PaulO said:

Sazerac bought the copyright from Beam.  I thought the "6 year" was all Beam, but Frankfort means BT.

Could Frankfort mean Old Crow Distillery? Owned by Beam if I recall, & they still age there; not sure when they stopped distilling.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.