What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Beer purists be damned...this stuff is delicious! However the brats were boiled in KBS. :)

20190526_195632-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

It's ok for people to like different things.

A friend gave me a bottle of Leinenkugel Summer Shandy.  It smelled like some kind of industrial bathroom cleaner (probably worst beer ever for me).  I dumped it.   ?

• I like it 1

Had a couple of Han Brolo pale ales at a friend's house with low country boil. I'm not an enthusiast when it comes to beer, but I do like what Monday Night did with this one, probably my favorite of theirs.

Pineapple-Mango foedre aged sour from a local craft brewery. 

Love the tart beers in the summer.  

F6CA1145-7398-4181-9A9E-640F394DE7CC.jpeg

• I like it 2

Beer purists be damned...this stuff is delicious! However the brats were boiled in KBS. [emoji4]
20190526_195632-784x1613.thumb.jpg.7083202eb79a8950cf68d419a159048e.jpg
Is that Ketchup on a Brat?
I guess eat it the way you li me it.

Mustard purest on hot dogs hand brats.

Cheers

16 hours ago, BigPapa said:

Is that Ketchup on a Brat?
I guess eat it the way you li me it.

Mustard purest on hot dogs hand brats.

Cheers

BBQ sauce.  Sweet Baby Ray's!

• I like it 3

On 5/27/2019 at 2:59 AM, Clueby said:

Beer purists be damned...this stuff is delicious! However the brats were boiled in KBS. :)

20190526_195632-784x1613.jpg

The Leinenkugels family originated from a small town pretty close to my place, about 15-20 Miles. There was a big article in the local newspaper last year about how the family moved to the USA in 1845. How is their beer? Is it any good? 

Edited by Sven Heuchert
Grammatics!

16 hours ago, Sven Heuchert said:

The Leinenkugels family originated from a small town pretty close to my place, about 15-20 Miles. There was a big article in the local newspaper last year about how the family moved to the USA in 1845. How is their beer? Is it any good? 

I know I've had some of their "regular" beers but can't say I remember much. Their shandy is half lemonade and even the beer is made with lemongrass I believe so its heavy on the lemon. I can see why others wouldn't like it but it makes a great summer companion while grilling or out in the yard.

On 6/3/2019 at 3:34 PM, Sven Heuchert said:

The original Leinenkugel beer was ok.  My dad had a saying "beer is beer".  In his day American breweries mostly all produced a very similar product - light colored lager with not much hops, rice or corn usually in the recipe too.

A couple years ago, Miller bought the Lienenkugel brand.  Since then they have expanded the market, and put out some odd flavored beers.  Not really my thing.

I'm a fan of the German beer purity law of 1516.

• I like it 2

1553657770_20190601_234723(1).thumb.jpg.895cb303ef3e332477d773dfa1df4704.jpg

This is one my daily favorites when visiting France. You’re in Germany would love to see some of the good stuff you have over there. We can get some of the stuff in the USA but it does not travel well. So much better there.

18 hours ago, Clueby said:

I know I've had some of their "regular" beers but can't say I remember much. Their shandy is half lemonade and even the beer is made with lemongrass I believe so its heavy on the lemon. I can see why others wouldn't like it but it makes a great summer companion while grilling or out in the yard.

Thanks! Yeah, I get the idea. BBQ and a light beer goes well together. 

5 hours ago, PaulO said:

The original Leinenkugel beer was ok.  My dad had a saying "beer is beer".  In his day American breweries mostly all produced a very similar product - light colored lager with not much hops, rice or corn usually in the recipe too.

A couple years ago, Miller bought the Lienenkugel brand.  Since then they have expanded the market, and put out some odd flavored beers.  Not really my thing.

I'm a fan of the German beer purity law of 1516.

The beer purity law was mostly "invented" by the Bavarians. In Germany, especially in the East and the North, they had very different styles of beer, mixed with all sort of spices and florals, foremost sweet gale. Almost like the Belgians. These beers had a different impact, they where highly intoxicating and were still adaptations of old heathen brews the tribes used for rituals. But, simple as that, the Bavarians wanted a competetive advantage for their own breweries. Today, some micro breweries pick up old recipes and start brewing like they did in the ancient ages. Very interesting stuff! Germany is a little slow to adapt to Craft Beer, but it takes on lately. Most drinkers are conservative. My personal opinion is, that beer from the U.S is the best and most progressive since at least a decade, but it is hard to convince people. 

I like the U.S beers, not just Craft, but PBR, Miller, Michelob, Anheuser - they are easy to drink, especially after manual labor, and most of these beers are what we would call a "Zechbier", means you can drink a lot of it on a big night out. 

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

This is one my daily favorites when visiting France. You’re in Germany would love to see some of the good stuff you have over there. We can get some of the stuff in the USA but it does not travel well. So much better there

I can get belgian beers here in local shops. Sure, not everything, not every brand, but then again Belgium is one hour away by car! It's like with all the good bourbon we usually never see in Europe! 

Yuengling Traditional Lager for me tonight.  I believe this would qualify as "Zechbier".  It's just a little darker and maltier than the typical mass produced American lager.

I know nothing about this, but was told it's a polish beer. I can say that I dig it. 

20190608_225158.jpg

4 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

I know nothing about this, but was told it's a polish beer. I can say that I dig it. 

20190608_225158.jpg

Awesome! Warka, Lech and Tysk are also very good. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Sven Heuchert said:

Awesome! Warka, Lech and Tysk are also very good. 

Appreciate the heads up. Thanks!

The recent discussions here on German beers got me a hankerin’ for a Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier.  If not my favorite beer of all time, it most certainly is in my Top 5.  

3BA42FCE-BBCE-4498-A6C4-EDC5173BDD30.jpeg

• I like it 5

8 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

The recent discussions here on German beers got me a hankerin’ for a Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier.  If not my favorite beer of all time, it most certainly is in my Top 5.  

3BA42FCE-BBCE-4498-A6C4-EDC5173BDD30.jpeg

In today's age of adjunct laden flavor bomb beers, this still holds up for me as well in some ways more so now.

• I like it 1

Really not my thing after the weather warms, but it’s kinda dark and rainy so figured I’d clear this Fat Heads Imperial Coffee Stout.  A little too much black licorice for me, but generally nice.  Not overly sweet, which I like, and drinks easier than it’s 8.4 ABV.

6052C631-8AA7-4E20-B638-79AB826696F4.jpeg

• I like it 1

No picture, but for Kawhi and the Raptors I'm having Brewery Ommegang's The King In The North Barrel Aged Stout

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.