What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 minutes ago, scratchline said:

Uber-bright and clean!  Just great beer!  

I know you like beer too, but three beer posts in a row Mike. ?  You haven't given up on bourbon have you? :P

Biba! Joe

13 minutes ago, scratchline said:

Not yet, Joe.  Not yet.

IMG_3818.jpg

“Atta boy Luther!”   ?

Biba! Joe

Staying with the Kona beers today. Started with a Big Wave and now having a Kua Bay.  Steaks on the smoker getting ready for a reverse sear later. 

It's a long bit since I've this. Upon first sip I immediately was reminded why this is my favorite non-fresh hopped IPA. 

20191006_155727.jpg

14 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

It's a long bit since I've this. Upon first sip I immediately was reminded why this is my favorite non-fresh hopped IPA. 

20191006_155727.jpg

I'm thinking the glass is helping it taste so good. Go Cardinals!!!

19 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

I'm thinking the glass is helping it taste so good. Go Cardinals!!!

It darn sure doesn't hurt!!

18 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

20191006_155727.jpg

Seemed to work well last night so keep it up...

Go Braves!

:D

Really, really, enjoyed this Hofbrauhaus Festbier after work.  Biscuity, with great mouthfeel.  

24A210C1-2ED5-44AB-9332-2B5B1D970504.jpeg

This Bell’s is a very nice brown ale, as it isn’t cloyingly sweet like some brown ales can be to my palate.  Going well on a cloudy and seems-like-Fall kind of day.  Besides that, I love the graphics on this can.  

EAEB37BD-6D8C-4E4D-9474-9F3DB3BA4DD8.jpeg

Following yesterday’s Edmund Gitzgerald type weather (drenching rain blowing sideways from the wind, and mid-40’s temps), I’m enjoying a Great Lakes Brewing Edmund Fitzgerald Porter while working on the outdoor Halloween decorations.  Sunny and 70 is a nice comeback.  I love this beer, and brewery.  

FE8175AC-8959-4CE9-BDB4-9A7A45839128.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 10/24/2019 at 10:34 PM, whiskeylogged said:

Cold weather = big beers.  Had to trek all the way to MN to pick this up!

IMG_5645.JPG

I passed on this a week or so ago. What's the verdict?

• I like it 1

I'm having these tonight. Just picked up the 2019 CBS today. Glad to see the 12oz bottles. Seems less sweet/maple syrup influence than the last couple years. Little thinner overall feel. When I put the rest of the 4 pack away I found that I still have 3 bombers of 2018 CBS downstairs.

20191101_174809.jpg

20191101_180335.jpg

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Clueby said:

I passed on this a week or so ago. What's the verdict?

I liked it!  And they put a lot of work into the packaging.  If I was constructing my perfect beer I'd probably leave the belgian quad out, and that made up something like 40% of the blend.  Otherwise it was awesome.

We also had Boulevard's 30th anniversary ale (it was our anniversary a while back, and we both prefer beer to wine) and that was awesome too!  Give it a shot if you see it, it was just $9 for the 750mL.

11 hours ago, Clueby said:

I'm having these tonight. Just picked up the 2019 CBS today. Glad to see the 12oz bottles. Seems less sweet/maple syrup influence than the last couple years. Little thinner overall feel. When I put the rest of the 4 pack away I found that I still have 3 bombers of 2018 CBS downstairs.

I lucked out and found a Better Half 4 pack on clearance and as far as I could tell it had been kept refrigerated, easily top 10 favorite beer.  I haven't picked up CBS 19 yet but I agree with you, I'm happy to see these in 12 oz.

7 hours ago, whiskeylogged said:

I liked it!  And they put a lot of work into the packaging.  If I was constructing my perfect beer I'd probably leave the belgian quad out, and that made up something like 40% of the blend.  Otherwise it was awesome.

We also had Boulevard's 30th anniversary ale (it was our anniversary a while back, and we both prefer beer to wine) and that was awesome too!  Give it a shot if you see it, it was just $9 for the 750mL.

I lucked out and found a Better Half 4 pack on clearance and as far as I could tell it had been kept refrigerated, easily top 10 favorite beer.  I haven't picked up CBS 19 yet but I agree with you, I'm happy to see these in 12 oz.

Better Half is excellent.  I actually didn't get to it last night. It's on deck for tonight. The only Founder's beer I've had that I didn't like was Dankwood. It was...dank.

20191101_174809.thumb.jpg.ad03564bfc60f67b5f71f89566cba896.jpg
20191101_180335.thumb.jpg.cd19a30aeb55b0231d4524e303999a02.jpg

I thought the same thing with the KBS this year . No idea what Founders is doing. But in the case of the KBS I think they just made to much at o e time.
I’m also very sad that this is CBS last year. Was hoping Founders made a lot more than last yeAr so it is easier to get.
I would love to buy a case a cellar it.

55 minutes ago, BigPapa said:

I thought the same thing with the KBS this year . No idea what Founders is doing. But in the case of the KBS I think they just made to much at o e time.
I’m also very sad that this is CBS last year. Was hoping Founders made a lot more than last yeAr so it is easier to get.
I would love to buy a case a cellar it.

I could have bought cases and cases of it...but at $22-$25 a 4-pack I elected not to.  It appears that they did make a ton of it this year as most stores have stacks of it.  I bought a case of KBS this year and it is still sitting on shelves here locally.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.