What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What beer I'm not drinking:  Doppelbock.  Doppelbocks are a favorite of mine that have been hard to find in my usual stores.

22 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

A good friend from High School gave this to me to thank me for a favor that I did for him a few years ago. It’s been aging in my refrigerator for several years since it’s one that supposedly gets better with a little age. Anyway, he had a heart attack earlier this week and didn’t survive emergency open heart surgery. ? I decided that it was time to drink this one today in his memory. RIP Paul! 

87C544D9-08FC-4FD8-9F5C-907EE60933A4.jpeg

Damn - so sorry to hear this. Hope the beer was good and reminded you of the good times with your friend.

• I like it 2

On 3/8/2020 at 10:20 PM, lcpfratn said:

A good friend from High School gave this to me to thank me for a favor that I did for him a few years ago. It’s been aging in my refrigerator for several years since it’s one that supposedly gets better with a little age. Anyway, he had a heart attack earlier this week and didn’t survive emergency open heart surgery. ? I decided that it was time to drink this one today in his memory. RIP Paul! 

87C544D9-08FC-4FD8-9F5C-907EE60933A4.jpeg

Sorry for the loss of a life long friend. Drinking the beer in his memory is a fitting tribute.

• I like it 1

On 3/9/2020 at 8:02 PM, flahute said:

Damn - so sorry to hear this. Hope the beer was good and reminded you of the good times with your friend.

Thanks Steve! It wasn’t my favorite style of beer, but it was still good, and I knew it was a favorite of his, so it made it something special. 

Hello weekend before St. Paddy’s Day.  Hello Guinness!  

396A5838-64D8-499C-8BB3-E2DC7B247C0D.jpeg

• I like it 1

IMG_4276.thumb.jpg.77f006f1c7b2f4676c8687a6b3afc8da.jpg

Picked this one up in the wilds of CT about a week ago.   LIght and tangy.  It's got some sweetness up front but quickly shifts into a prickly hoppy finish.  Creamy mouthfeel.  

Beer, Glorious Beer!   Of course, the Lord taketh, friends, but He giveth. Oh lord, He giveth!

Kidding aside, it's a Transcendental day in New England.  As Zevon put it so perfectly, "I'm lucky to be here with someone I like/Who maketh my spirit to shine."

Stay well, all.  Hug hard.  Drink deep.

IMG_4292.thumb.jpg.bc8567812158701608f5cec4e6437568.jpg

Edited by scratchline
  • I like it 1

I bought this probably 4 or so years ago, when I was big into craft beer and a casual whiskey drinker. That's flip flopped. This one just doesn't hit the spot like it used to. I'll likely sip on this for a few hours. I'll probably pour some bourbon to help it along. 

20200404_155949.jpg

Cooked a fine roast lamb this afternoon. Just back from walking the dogs on a quarantine break, enjoying a Kilkenny while the sun sets. With everything going on it's been a pleasant day.

20200405_180808.jpg

• I like it 1

Sweet Water’s IPA has not been a past favorite of mine in a beer style that is better to my palate when taken in small dosages.  I must admit though, that this one is killing it today.  Not as thinly tart as I remember past iterations being.  Drinking great on a sunny and 75 degree afternoon out by the magnolia.  

DBC7AF1C-21B9-4E65-A7C9-A69EC9E8F4F5.jpeg

• I like it 1

Who knew that Tree House could brew such an amazing lager?  Reminds me of a lighter Ayinger Marzen.  Stellar beer.

IMG_4388.thumb.jpg.d1418fef93beacbde9d8c7d91e5cf440.jpg

Edited by scratchline

Had a ‘19 BCBS this past weekend. Good but ‘18 was better.

Last night for national beer day.

9BDE2605-9854-450C-A7E8-2AA809B69F4A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I had a Bells Christmas Ale a Scottish Ale.  Malty and sweet, most enjoyable, next year I'll buy a couple of 6-packs to keep 6 months before drinking.  

2 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

Last night I had a Bells Christmas Ale a Scottish Ale.  Malty and sweet, most enjoyable, next year I'll buy a couple of 6-packs to keep 6 months before drinking.  

I love Christmas Ales like that and Bell's is a great brewery so that sounds good. We don't get Bell's out here but my in-laws own a pub in Cincinnati and every time we visit we go to the pub where they always have at least one (and sometimes more) beers from Bell's.

• I like it 1

Well, I’ve managed to accomplish absolutely nothing so far, and it’s after Noon already.  Time to reward myself with a beer!  ?

B006CB52-2DC4-4500-A210-CFF9FD3F8422.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.