What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Whole chicken on the Kamado Joe during afternoon thunderstorm and shameless plug for a couple of decent co-workers trying to get their brewery launched.  Awesome beer but must admit it was better when it was free at their spring and fall samplers before they got all official.

IMG_0726.jpg

• I like it 1

I had an Olde Style earlier, and man it hit the spot.

It's not easy to find this far South.  I still have some from what I got for my dad on Father's Day.

This is what they served at Wrigley Field, before they switched to Bud.

I LOVE this beer, and it's absolutely perfect with chocolate lava cake. I perfect way to cap an Independence weekend. 

20200705_135103.jpg

Got four of these from Vosgar. Sipping on the last one today. Thanks, Gary. 

20200705_151946.jpg

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I LOVE this beer, and it's absolutely perfect with chocolate lava cake. I perfect way to cap an Independence weekend. 

20200705_135103.jpg

I'm not sure if this was a one time or recurring release? I really like it as well. I love most things raspberry.  Rubaeus is available quite often and it's a close second to Blushing Monk.

39 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I'm not sure if this was a one time or recurring release? I really like it as well. I love most things raspberry.  Rubaeus is available quite often and it's a close second to Blushing Monk.

I had some 2011 and 2015 750ml bottles. I know I saw it in either 12oz or 11.2oz bottles a few years ago. I'm not sure how frequently they release this, but it's one I need to buy anytime I see it. 

This is a new brewery to me.  Really good IPA.  Amazing tropical fruit nose.  Taste follows with pineapple and grapefruit.  Crushable and a good grilling companion.

IMG_5127.thumb.jpg.5f9e3b265ec6c84cd68e7f94d77900db.jpg

Headed over to The Battery by the park to get the Braves Opener started.  They’re @ the Mets, but we watched the game on the outdoor big screen on the lawn of the Outdoor Pavillion outside the stadium.  Enjoyed a Terrapin Hopsecutioner during the first couple innings, before moving to the patio at the Yardhouse for dinner and the game on the tube.  Glad to see baseball back, although it’s a little weird with no fans in the seats.  But, a beer and a game is always a good thing!

101F56F1-B725-47F3-BEA2-ED8614C113F0.jpeg

563CECD2-400D-4DE3-AEF9-D07581E566F2.jpeg

• I like it 2

Hard bike ride today so I'm recovering with a 16oz Fremont Brewing Head Full Of Dynamite hazy IPA while watching the Yankees and Nats in full support of @Harry in WashDC

• I like it 1

Brisket on the smoker, Braves on the radio, and drinking the beer born in the land of sky blue waters. ?

126A38DF-C0B8-46D5-8DAE-21F38905258A.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 8/2/2020 at 2:06 PM, smokinjoe said:

Brisket on the smoker, Braves on the radio, and drinking the beer born in the land of sky blue waters. ?

126A38DF-C0B8-46D5-8DAE-21F38905258A.jpeg

That's what I take fishing at the river.

On 8/3/2020 at 3:34 PM, scratchline said:

Leaning into the cocktail hour with a Picon Biere.   The Wanderer is a good base.

IMG_5274.thumb.jpg.692fed10194a9f8f32c77be7cd750bae.jpg

Now that is a great, and appropriate, use for Picon Biere. A lot of cocktail bars, good ones even (Picon is not available in the US) tend to use Picon Biere as a substitute for Picon Amer in a cocktail. In my perhaps less than humble opinion that is not correct. The Picon Amer in cocktails of yore (like the classic Brooklyn) is long gone, having been reformulated and reduced in proof back in the 70's. But black label Picon Amer, which is slightly higher in proof than Picon Biere is in my opinion the closest thing left to the original Amer Picon.

And as a cocktail aficionado naturally I keep some around for use in cocktails! 

33109855_AmerPicon.jpg.61dd83fd466d55fc78692138efb64b9e.jpg

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Now that is a great, and appropriate, use for Picon Biere. A lot of cocktail bars, good ones even (Picon is not available in the US) tend to use Picon Biere as a substitute for Picon Amer in a cocktail. In my perhaps less than humble opinion that is not correct. The Picon Amer in cocktails of yore (like the classic Brooklyn) is long gone, having been reformulated and reduced in proof back in the 70's. But black label Picon Amer, which is slightly higher in proof than Picon Biere is in my opinion the closest thing left to the original Amer Picon.

And as a cocktail aficionado naturally I keep some around for use in cocktails! 

33109855_AmerPicon.jpg.61dd83fd466d55fc78692138efb64b9e.jpg

Dang Bruce, as impressive as that Picon Amer is, your Cult status is even more impressive!

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Phil T said:

Dang Bruce, as impressive as that Picon Amer is, your Cult status is even more impressive!

Bruce is all things at the same time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.