Old Pulteney 21 bottlings

pyro273
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Long time bourbon lover, first time poster...

After finding this incredible whisky at a Whiskys of the World event in 2017 and hearing about it's discontinuation, I figured I'd better try to find a few bottles for the collection before they all disappeared.  The first bottle was what I expected, green container and the bottle graphics as I remember them from the WOW event.  The second bottle, however, is entirely different; it came in a gold container and the graphics are totally different than the first in that the Old Pulteney name is in different script and in a different place among other things.  I've found images of both on the Internet but no other info.

Anybody know what this means?  Is the gold container an older bottling?

Pyro

Thanks for the pointer!!  Of course, the bottle I am really interested in is the first one listed but no date bottled is listed.  Looks like the other one is a 2014.

19 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

If my eyes are correct, it looks like Serge from Whiskyfun reviewed that bottle and dated it at 2008 http://www.whiskyfun.com/archivejanuary09-1.html#090109 

Of course I'm a smidge color blind so I could be off.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!  Looks to be it and thanks for the assist!  Now, do I open one or just put them on the bar and stare longingly at them.....decisions, decisions.

• I like it 1

Same earlier bottling was the Jim Murray 2012 World Whisky of the Year (for what it's worth)… my advice would be to drink it.

I would also recommend spending 10 bucks on a 30mL sample of the WhiskyExchange 2004 Cask #128 while they last.

1036511698_OldPulteney21YO.jpg.3bdd37038351afaa99c7ac070c4938b6.jpg

1847360218_ScreenShot2019-01-10at4_33_09PM.thumb.png.7b3c82e3e3d5e7ddf14bbed51ae45056.png

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, pyro273 said:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!  Looks to be it and thanks for the assist!  Now, do I open one or just put them on the bar and stare longingly at them.....decisions, decisions.

Always open and drink to hell with shelf trophies!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.