Castle & Key Tour For Our April 2019 Gathering

mosugoji64
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Are we still calling it Sampler Weekend? I guess they're not using it, so we can call it that if we like!

Anyway, I have good and bad news regarding touring C&K that weekend. Brett said he can accommodate us, but can only take 1 group of 12 Friday, April 26 at either 8:30 or 9:30. I told him to tentatively block 9:30 as I thought that would probably work best for most, but let me know when you respond. Mrs. Mosugoji and I are going, so that leaves 10 spots. The most fair I can make it is first come, first served. Respond here if you want to be on the list with which time you prefer. After 10 people, I'll keep a list of alternates in case anyone has to drop out, so let me know if you're not one of the first 10 but would like to be considered.

Another bit of good news: he said the tour will be their treat!

Edited by mosugoji64

Hey Brian - thanks for organizing this!  Put my Dad and I down as well (although if there's a ton of demand, since I got to see it last year, I'd bow out).  Or if Smokin'Joe has the GBS slotted for a private barrel selection of 23 year Bernheim rye (that's the latest rumor) ;)  

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, GaryT said:

Hey Brian - thanks for organizing this!  Put my Dad and I down as well (although if there's a ton of demand, since I got to see it last year, I'd bow out).  Or if Smokin'Joe has the GBS slotted for a private barrel selection of 23 year Bernheim rye (that's the latest rumor) ;)  

^^^ What Gary said.^^^ 

If we can, I'd certainly love to do this again; but, as Gary said, we've seen it. 

I'm certain others will beg, and I possibly could be convinced to allow someone in my place, who has yet to enjoy this unique and wonderful place... for considerations to be negotiated separately (KIDDING!).

• I like it 1

Put me down on the list to be there! I agree that 9:30 would be the preferred time.

• I like it 1

I'd like to go Brian. Anytime works for me.

Thanks for setting this up!

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to go as well, please put me down barring a conflicting GBS barrel selection as Gary already mentioned. Thanks for arranging this, I have been looking forward to a C&K tour since they opened.

Please reserve a spot for one for the tour and one for any barrel selections!.

OCD is next door. Could we add a tour for Glenns Creek?

Why wait till April for barrel selections?

The temps this week will have all that flavor out of the wood and ready for the bottle!

Charles

Edited by cubacroc

If there's room, can you put Wayne (ENYAW) and I in, please Brian? If you need me to help with anything just holler. 

Edited by lilsweetpea

• 2 months later...

I'm definitely in, since I'm retired and don't have to worry about missing work anymore.  Let me know the details of when and where to meet.

Kevin

Here's the current guest list for the 9:30 tour at C&K on 4/26:

Rich & Matt (BigRich)

Gary (GaryT)

Rich (Richnimrod)

Jeff (lcpfratn)

Gary (Vosgar)

(kcgumbohead)

Charles (cubacroc)

Diana & Wayne (lilsweetpea & ENYAW)

Alternates:

Kevin (CardsandBourbon)

If anyone else would like to be added to the alternate list, please let me know.

1 hour ago, mosugoji64 said:

Rich & Matt (BigRich)

Gary (GaryT)

Rich (Richnimrod)

Jeff (lcpfratn)

Gary (Vosgar)

(kcgumbohead)

Charles (cubacroc)

Alternates:

Kevin (CardsandBourbon)

If anyone else would like to be added to the alternate list, please let me know.

Thanx again for bird-doggin' this for us, Brian.    Much Appreciated!  :)

• I like it 1

Rich & Matt (BigRich)
Gary (GaryT)
Rich (Richnimrod)
Jeff (lcpfratn)
Gary (Vosgar)
(kcgumbohead)
Charles (cubacroc)

Alternates:
Kevin (CardsandBourbon)

Brian,

Thanks for organizing this. We can’t wait!
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, mosugoji64 said:

Rich & Matt (BigRich)

Gary (GaryT)

Rich (Richnimrod)

Jeff (lcpfratn)

Gary (Vosgar)

(kcgumbohead)

Charles (cubacroc)

Alternates:

Kevin (CardsandBourbon)

Thanks Brian! Looking forward to it!

• I like it 1

I won't be able to make it this year but I'm chiming in to say that I did the paid tour with a couple friends back in November and it was fantastic. They obviously don't have any bourbon or rye ready to drink yet but they make up for it with the cocktails they make with the fantastic gin that they have.

• I like it 1

I won't be able to make it this year but I'm chiming in to say that I did the paid tour with a couple friends back in November and it was fantastic. They obviously don't have any bourbon or rye ready to drink yet but they make up for it with the cocktails they make with the fantastic gin that they have.

Steve, you are going to have to start timing your KY trips a little better. Many of us would like to see you in person again.
  • I like it 3

Just now, lcpfratn said:

Steve, you are going to have to start timing your KY trips a little better. Many of us would like to see you in person again.

You speak the truth. I REALLY REALLY want to be there. The barrel picks are getting harder to schedule because so many more entities are doing them these days. I'll be there on May 8th so I'll just miss you. We have some special barrel picks scheduled that are related to our fall charity event so I need to be there for those.

I do miss you all! 

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, flahute said:

You speak the truth. I REALLY REALLY want to be there. The barrel picks are getting harder to schedule because so many more entities are doing them these days. I'll be there on May 8th so I'll just miss you. We have some special barrel picks scheduled that are related to our fall charity event so I need to be there for those.

I do miss you all! 

Excuses, excuses ... :) but seriously, we would like to hang out with you again! Hope to see you next year.

On 4/4/2019 at 7:12 PM, mosugoji64 said:

Rich & Matt (BigRich)

Gary (GaryT)

Rich (Richnimrod)

Jeff (lcpfratn)

Gary (Vosgar)

(kcgumbohead)

Charles (cubacroc)

Alternates:

Kevin (CardsandBourbon)

REALLY looking forward to this!! Thank you and see you all soon!!

Don't know how I have missed this thread. I would be interested in going if space opens up. Haven't been for a couple of years I think.

Although 0930 could be painful!

Edited by tanstaafl2

18 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

There's no could about it!

11 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Don't know how I have missed this thread. I would be interested in going if space opens up. Haven't been for a couple of years I think.

Ahhh, suck it up and commit, Bruce!    You know you wanna!

Brian,

Please put us down as alternates, in case some spots open up.  (The barrel pick for Old Crow fell through.)

Jimmy(troyce) and Joe (smokinjoe)

Thanks.

Okay, I had one person bow out so Kevin is in. Bruce, Jimmy, and Joe are on the Alternates list.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.