Castle & Key Tour For Our April 2019 Gathering

mosugoji64
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ALL:   I had two(2) back out of our Buffalo Trace Hard hat tour at 1:30 on Friday.    I have 2 openings if anyone is down, let me know.  Our group will be at Castle and Key at 10:30, then we are heading straight to BT.    

-Evan

You are going to love Castle and Key. We took a tour there a couple of weeks ago and came away very impressed.

2 hours ago, MI_Bourbon said:

ALL:   I had two(2) back out of our Buffalo Trace Hard hat tour at 1:30 on Friday.    I have 2 openings if anyone is down, let me know.  Our group will be at Castle and Key at 10:30, then we are heading straight to BT.    

-Evan

My dad and I would like to go.  Will Fred be the guide?

On 4/22/2019 at 2:33 PM, TheNovaMan said:

My dad and I would like to go.  Will Fred be the guide?

I have to assume Fred will be the guide.   Shoot me a text at 734-664-nine three six eight to confirm.  

A few pics from the tour. I become more and more impressed with this place every time I’m there. Several of us had a good conversation with Marianne while we were there (sorry no pics...didn’t want to ruin the moment or the sincerity of our conversation). She did say that they will likely release a Rye next year.

IMG_5412.jpgIMG_5410.jpgIMG_5407.jpg

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

A few pics from the tour. I become more and more impressed with this place every time I’m there. Several of us had a good conversation with Marianne while we were there (sorry no pics...didn’t want to ruin the moment or the sincerity of our conversation). She did say that they will likely release a Rye next year.

Thanx for posting those, Jeff!   Very nice pix of an extremely unique venue.

AND, Thanx to Brian for setting us up and getting it done again!   Very Cool experience!!!

• I like it 3

Thank you to everyone who joined the tour this year. The place is amazing! All of the hard work they've put into restoring the distillery has made it a must-see destination in KY. The grounds are beautiful and the distillery makes for a fascinating step back in time. Marianne was very open to speaking with us and having the opportunity to chat and share a cocktail with one of the rising stars in distilling was a joy. Our guide, Brett, said that he enjoys showing us around and that we are welcome back any time. I'll try to get in touch with him a little earlier next year to see if he can accommodate a couple of groups for us so that everyone who wants to see it may do so. For those who can't join us in Spring, I highly recommend that you take a trip there whenever possible. If you do nothing else in KY, visit C&K!

• I like it 5

Thank you for sharing those pics. Wife and I are making our first trip to KY in two weeks. Really looking forward to C&K.

• I like it 1

Thanks Brian! As one of the legions that hoped over the years that this facility could somehow be salvaged and to have last visited when it was still a ruin, I couldn't have been more impressed with what they have done, how they are doing it and what they plan for the future.  I agree that if you can do only one tour in KY make it this one, the scenery, the history, the obvious passion the staff has for where they are and what they are doing puts this at the very top.

Came home with a gin and I was a quick convert having never had it (or having not been aware as I am sure it was a component of some cocktail at some point). If that's any indication of whats in store in the future, boom cycle or not, we enthusiasts are in pretty good shape looking forward.

• I like it 4

We have to plan better for an earlier arrival next year - maybe fly to Cincinnati and drive down to Bardstown.  Gonna' join the tours and stay longer, too.  No more "drive-by" visits for us.  Many thanks for your hard work in setting up the C&K tour.  ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.