Any total wine CA people get their pappy?

Broncophil
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Seems like all the stores got their pappy allocation, but I’m still waiting on my 15 year. 

Has as anyone in CA gotten theirs?  

Customer service hasn’t been much help. 

Thanks 

8 hours ago, Broncophil said:

Seems like all the stores got their pappy allocation, but I’m still waiting on my 15 year. 

Has as anyone in CA gotten theirs?  

Customer service hasn’t been much help. 

Thanks 

Same with TW stores in NJ.  TW Concierge said "after New Year's" - not holding my breath . . . . .. . bummer.  Class action suit?????   ☺️

21 hours ago, berto said:

Should be soon.  BevMo got theirs last week.

Did you get any?  I missed out...  I think the prices were about 2x MSRP so not too bad.

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Did you get any?  I missed out...  I think the prices were about 2x MSRP so not too bad.

I got a 15yr. 

Prices:

10yr - $99.99

12yr - $149.99

15yr - $199.99

20yr - $399.99

23yr - $499.99

Don't know the rye price.  They only had three and those were sold prior to the online sale.

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

7 minutes ago, berto said:

I got a 15yr. 

Prices:

10yr - $99.99

12yr - $149.99

15yr - $199.99

20yr - $399.99

23yr - $499.99

Don't know the rye price.  They only had three and those were sold prior to the online sale.

I find it really sad that so many of us are okay with jumping through hoops to get these bottles and are willing to pay inflated prices

• I like it 6

50 minutes ago, berto said:

I got a 15yr. 

Prices:

10yr - $99.99

12yr - $149.99

15yr - $199.99

20yr - $399.99

23yr - $499.99

Seems like those prices are higher than the TW lottery that was held here. (that I got nothing from!)

I find it really sad that so many of us are okay with jumping through hoops to get these bottles and are willing to pay inflated prices

Gary, I don’t think anyone is okay with having to jump through hoops or having to pay inflated prices, but it’s the world we live in for now. I think your perspective is from someone who has been in the bourbon “hobby” for longer than many of us. You’ve had the opportunity to get or taste a lot of the LE bourbons before the start of the “boom.” I’ve only been seriously into this now for three or four years, and it’s not always easy to get your hands on many of the highly sought after bourbons without a little effort and sometimes having to pay a premium. It frustrates the hell out of me, and I’m sure most of us, but that’s the nature of the market for now.

2 hours ago, Vosgar said:

I agree with your sentiment that we're in a sad place but thems the breaks.  We can opt out which many of us have, we can play the game, or we can do a little bit of both and try to make the best of the bubble.  Too much hype, too much demand, too little supply.

This particular hoop was sitting around waiting for the sale to start and hoping the servers churned in my favor.  Certainly worse than finding it on the shelf or getting a phone call that a shop has a bottle for me in the back room but not as bad as waiting in line in the cold overnight to maybe get a bottle via lottery.  I've given up the hunt because I'm unwilling to spend the time going store to store and trying to build relationships in order to be #1247 on the list of good dudes who deserve a shot at one of the 22 highly sought after bottles any shop gets throughout the year.  My go to shop was gentrified out of existence.  He re-opened under a new name in an inconvenient location that makes visiting too much work.

As for pricing, well, flame suit on, this bottle is a gift card that will be traded at the appropriate rate for funds that will purchase multiple other bottles I'd rather drink if not directly swapped for the bottles themselves.  It's $200 for one bottle I'm ok with drinking vs getting multiple bottles I'd much rather drink (gobbles in gold tubes).  Does that make me part of the problem?  Probably, and I'm ok with not being 100% pure virgin free range non-GMO cruelty free  ethically sourced snow.  Gotta pay the price to play the game or not play. 

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

It frustrates the hell out of me, and I’m sure most of us, but that’s the nature of the market for now.

52 minutes ago, berto said:

I agree with your sentiment that we're in a sad place but thems the breaks.  We can opt out which many of us have, we can play the game, or we can do a little bit of both and try to make the best of the bubble.  Too much hype, too much demand, too little supply.

Gotta pay the price to play the game or not play. 

Jeff, you're right. I've been in long enough to where for a number of years I was able to buy and drink just about any whiskey I wanted, at or below retail. I've also been in long enough to find out that for me, it doesn't really matter if I can't get a particular bottle because there are so many other great whiskies available. That, and I'm kind of a cheap bastard who won't pay extorsion prices to get the "special" bottles. That's just my outlook.

IMO, as long as there are many who are willing to play the game, the game will not change (and it may get even more obscene).

My apologizes for the thread drift......

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 4

Jeff, you're right. I've been in long enough to where for a number of years I was able to buy and drink just about any whiskey I wanted, at or below retail. I've also been in long enough to find out that for me, it doesn't really matter if I can't get a particular bottle because there are so many other great whiskies available. That, and I'm kind of a cheap bastard who won't pay extorsion prices to get the "special" bottles. That's just my outlook.

IMO, as long as there are many who are willing to play the game, the game will not change (and it may get even more obscene).

My apologizes for the thread drift......

Gary, you are absolutely correct that as long as there are folks willing to play the game, the game will not change. I’m trying to stay out of the game as much as I can to not encourage it, but occasionally I do contribute a bit to the madness. When I’ve been offered an LE bottle for a reasonable premium that is substantially below the secondary pricing, I’ve been guilty more than once of making the purchase. I’m getting closer to my own personal bourbon zen point, but I know someone will just fill my shoes once I’ve reached that point. And so the game continues, until no one is willing to continue to play the game or supplies finally catch up to demand. Cheers my friend! I hope you’re having a great time on your cruise!

Sort for the thread drift everyone.

Strange game.  The only winning move is...not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

image.png.1d8844749f741778f4941356fa92b6d7.png

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Geez Joe. You of all people should know my limited mental capacity. How about next time in Bardstown you bring a deck of cards and I could maybe handle a game of War ?

Geez Joe. You of all people should know my limited mental capacity. How about next time in Bardstown you bring a deck of cards and I could maybe handle a game of War ?

LOL! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

9 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.  We’ll start with rock, paper, scissors.  :D

• I like it 1

Man.......three options.....I don't know. 

Let me start off playing against Troyce before I go up against you.

(Once more we've managed to completely derail a thread)

Edited by Vosgar

8 hours ago, Vosgar said:

BOTY privileges. 

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Truly, is there a better thread to derail than a Did you get yer Pappy thread?!?  :D 

• I like it 4

45 minutes ago, troyce said:

WAR's not a skill game ??

Not so much the Global Thermo Nuclear War variety

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.