RM Rose distillery

pyro273
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Any of our Georgia brethren been to RM Rose up in Dillard in the north GA mountains?   Interested in what you think.  They are just starting with their straight bourbon and sour mash but if you like flavored whiskeys then I think that their Fire on the Mountain can't be beat.

Any of our Georgia brethren been to RM Rose up in Dillard in the north GA mountains?   Interested in what you think.  They are just starting with their straight bourbon and sour mash but if you like flavored whiskeys then I think that their Fire on the Mountain can't be beat.

I have not. Really, this is the first I’ve heard of it. May need to make a little trip.

5 hours ago, pyro273 said:

5 hours ago, BigRich said:

I have not. Really, this is the first I’ve heard of it. May need to make a little trip.

Me either (ditto to Rich's comments; hadn't heard of it before).  The whole thing about making their own stills and fermenting tanks is interesting, although they don't say much on their site about the whiskey itself.  

@pyro273 - have you visited them before?  Looks like Total Wine in Kennesaw has limited quantities ($40 for the straight bourbon), and from a fuzzy image on another site, looks to be 90 proof.  Couldn't find any info on the age (so not sure if that means they don't have the age anywhere, which would imply 4 yrs and a day probably).  While not a great/informative site - the whiskey is what's really important :)  

Yes, I've been there a couple of times.  I've had both the sour mash and straight bourbons and I think I like the sour mash better but it's been a while.   My local LS only carries their Fire on the Mountain.  No age statements so it's at least two years (if I understand the "rules" for bourbon). 

Heard about but haven’t tried it as I am not willing to buy young stuff anymore just to try it.

i wonder if they claim any ties to the Rose family that started the R. M. Rose distillery in Vinings back in the late 80’s. The 1880’s that is.

10 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Heard about but haven’t tried it as I am not willing to buy young stuff anymore just to try it.

i wonder if they claim any ties to the Rose family that started the R. M. Rose distillery in Vinings back in the late 80’s. The 1880’s that is.

I'm with you on that; I'd try it as part of a tour, but have no interest in buying a bottle just for the sake of seeing what I think.  Because the number of young whiskies that I've bought, tried, and thought "Huh, that was well worth it" is somewhere in the range of 0. 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.