Super Bowl Bourbon

graftonbc1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m pretty sure I’ll be drinking something good during the Super Bowl. I haven’decided on what I might be bringing, but I know that Galvin0791 has at least a few nice offerings. :P Heck, I might not even bring anything other than the two batches of chili I’ll be making for the party. :lol:

I almost hate to admit it, but in some ways, I kinda agree with Gunslinger. As everybody knows, pro football isn’t really much of a game any more. It’s big business. A game is fun. Big business, usually not so much. Just sayin..... :mellow:

Biba! Joe

It's big business for sure but it's very much a game. It's easy to get cynical but ask the guys who play the game how much they care. They care a lot. You see it on the face of a kicker who misses a game winning kick. You see it in the reaction of the entire team when he makes it. The NFL brass is tone deaf and disconnected. The players are still very passionate.

• I like it 3

21 hours ago, Gunslinger686 said:

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but the Super Bowl , this NFL that we have loved and watched for so long is fake AF ! This is a hollow Super Bowl a hollow game with no integrity not watching . Where is Roger Goodelle ? Why hasn’t he commented on the NO call? He knows the charade is over.

Wow, that's a buzzkill!  It's a GAME, people.  And what is "fake AF"?  I must be gettin' really old . . . . . . .  ☺️

"Panem et circenses" for us plebians, I guess.   Now where is that red bag o' fine aged bourbon?????

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

GeeTen, buzzkill is the fact of the obvious , just as money is the root of evil .  A word of advice given the results of the NFC championship game I would not bet against the Rams , they have a 13th player .

1 hour ago, flahute said:

We are now squarely in tin hat territory and have gone off topic. 

I feel like it’s my fault we have gone off topic so let me see if I can help , for the Super Bowl this Sunday I will be drinking the tears of all real sports fans , in case you didn’t know what that is ,it’s Jack Daniels LOL

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Gunslinger686 said:

for the Super Bowl this Sunday I will be drinking the tears of all real sports fans , in case you didn’t know what that is ,it’s Jack Daniels LOL

Now you've gone too far!! :D

• I like it 1

Not sure what I'll be drinking - probably one or more of several clunkers (names withheld to protect the privacy of craft distillers who suckered me in).  AND REMEMBER - Kitten Bowl is on Hallmark Channel at 2PM ET, and Puppy Bowl is on Animal Planet at 3PM.  BUT, both channels have related kitty/puppy stuff on earlier and repeat those shows all day.

• I like it 3

Once you decide Harry would you please post a pic of your bourbon choice, tv showing the big game in the background, and a very cute kitty near the sacred bottle? Regardless of the outcome we will all feel warm and fuzzy.

• I like it 1

On 1/31/2019 at 10:13 AM, Gunslinger686 said:

GeeTen, buzzkill is the fact of the obvious , just as money is the root of evil .  A word of advice given the results of the NFC championship game I would not bet against the Rams , they have a 13th player .

Gunslinger, the 13th Rams player will be no match for the Patriots surveillance crew and Brady's deflated footballs.

And yes, I say I won't watch it, but end up watching.

Liquor cabinet has: WT 101, JB Repeal Batch, and regular EW.

PBR in the fridge.

• I like it 1

On 1/30/2019 at 12:49 PM, meadeweber said:

I'm a Steelers fan.  Now I think you will better understand my hate (jealousy☺️) of the Pats.

I'm a Raiders fan, so.........................

WT101 the most likely pour for me.  No skin in the game, but will be watching intently to ascertain if Brady will add another notch in his belt.  No personal love for the Pats but much respect for the ground they have covered.  It’s tough to believe we will see anyone come close to their success for some time.

Edited by Seldomseen
  • I like it 2

As a Saints fan, I think that any bottom shelf bourbon would be appropriate for this game. The cheaper the better. 

• I like it 4

Well an update on my Super Bowl bourbon.  Stopped by Liquor Barn yesterday to pick up a bottle to take.  When I got there the manager asked if I'd seen their CEHT that they had up front.  I said no and followed him.  They had CEHT Straight Rye, CEHT SmB, Old Carter, ER 10 and something Woodford in a 375.  He said I could get one of everything.  I had two bottles of CEHT SmB bunkered and just bought 2 ER 10's so I picked up a bottle of CEHT Straight Rye for myself and texted a buddy and he had me grab a CEHT SmB & ER for him.

I also ended up grabbing and ET BIB and a Bogle Petite Syrah to take to the party.

I'm still not sure what bourbon I'll be bringing to our family Super Bowl Party. :mellow: On that note, I made a run to the store after work yesterday to pick up the rest of the fixins' for my chili. Before anyone asks, yes I stopped at the liquor store too. :rolleyes:

Biba! Joe

feb1.jpeg

• I like it 2

Just saw where a New Orleans bartender has developed a new variation of the Old Fashioned called “Three Blind Refs”. It uses Bulliet Rye and three different bitters, one for each ref. 

• I like it 1

On 1/30/2019 at 3:18 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I almost hate to admit it, but in some ways, I kinda agree with Gunslinger. As everybody knows, pro football isn’t really much of a game any more. It’s big business. A game is fun. Big business, usually not so much. Just sayin..... :mellow:

I agree.  I'd much rather watch my UMN Golden Gophers than the Rams or Pats or even, sad to say, my once beloved 49ers. 

13 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I'm still not sure what bourbon I'll be bringing to our family Super Bowl Party. :mellow: On that note, I made a run to the store after work yesterday to pick up the rest of the fixins' for my chili. Before anyone asks, yes I stopped at the liquor store too. :rolleyes:

Biba! Joe

feb1.jpeg

You should make your own chilli  seasoning! Changed my life...

Bringing in a WT101 and a Baker's, I've surely secured the spot of MVP at tomorrow's party.

27 minutes ago, beasled said:

Agreed, here's my award-winning recipe: Dump every spice on your shelf into the pot until the mixture turns a dark nasty brown and the steam burns your eyes.

• I like it 2

22 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

feb1.jpeg

Joe, I didn't see the most important ingredient to your chili on the shelf . . . a can of beer.  We add one to our chili and it does a great job of marrying all the flavors.  Plus, the orange foam when you pour it in the pot looks really cool.

8 hours ago, beasled said:

7 hours ago, Kane said:

Agreed, here's my award-winning recipe: Dump every spice on your shelf into the pot until the mixture turns a dark nasty brown and the steam burns your eyes.

I really don’t care much for things that are very spicy. Nor does most of my family. When I was a kid growing up in Indianapolis, my mother made what was called chilli mac. Chili with elbow macaroni. Her chili was good, but a bit spicy ‘cause that’s how my father liked it. :mellow: My recipe is somewhat modeled after hers. The exception being that I make mine sweet. I use mild beans, seasoning and onions. Instead of chili powder and other spices, I add an 1/8 of a cup of brown sugar. Y’all know I have my Joe’s Weller Blend. Well, I call my chili concoction Joe’s Hoosier Sweet Chili Mac. The family seems to like it. Sometimes when my son and his family come over, my grandkids will ask if I can make a batch. :wub:   If the grandkids like it.....

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

55 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I really don’t care much for things that are very spicy. Nor does most of my family. When I was a kid growing up in Indianapolis, my mother made what was called chilli mac. Chili with elbow macaroni. Her chili was good, but a bit spicy ‘cause that’s how my father liked it. :mellow: My recipe is somewhat modeled after hers. The exception being that I make mine sweet. I use mild beans, seasoning and onions. Instead of chili powder and other spices, I add an 1/8 of a cup of brown sugar. Y’all know I have my Joe’s Weller Blend. Well, I call my chili concoction Joe’s Hoosier Sweet Chili Mac. The family seems to like it. Sometimes when my son and his family come over, my grandkids will ask if I can make a batch. :wub:   If the grandkids like it.....

Biba! Joe

This is what I'm running with today.  I stopped at the grocery store this morning intending on getting turkey but I forgot it. Rather than go back I pulled a pound of hamburger out of the freezer and I'm using that instead.  And instead of a dutch oven I'm using a crock pot. I got this off the wtop.com website.

https://recipes.oregonlive.com/recipes/game-day-turkey-chili

Edit: I know it's late in the game but here are their 25 super bowl recipes;

https://wtop.com/recipes/2018/01/23-recipes-for-the-super-bowl/slide/1/

Edited by DCFan

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

That's fair, Joe. If it ain't broke... enjoy the day!

1 hour ago, El Vino said:

Bringing a FR PS OESF and some KBS

B6594D66-C3A8-41E8-A3F9-AE64DA37C885.jpeg

Wish I had picked up a couple more of that particular pick, enjoy it!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.