Super Bowl Bourbon

graftonbc1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I decided to add a couple private picks of 1972 plus the most recent edition of OFBB.

No advance planning here (and no guests or party), but kicked off my pre-game with some 2015 SmBLE.  Was hankering for some rye, so moved to simply Baby Saz for now.  Debating between some ECBP, GTS, or a Distiller's Cut Old Fashioned for kick-off.

• I like it 1

Rooting for the Patriots for the first time in my life b/c NO got screwed - LA shouldn’t be in the game IMO

GTS for me

• I like it 2

I turned the game off with under two minutes to play, and the winner is EW black label.

Prior to the game, we had my home made chili.  One suggestion I can offer to anyone that likes to cook - consider starting with dried rather than canned beans.

Joined some friends this evening. 

We had:

1792 port finished 

AAA 10 star

pure Kentucky XO

CEHT 4 grain 

& VOB cask strength 

we kinda forgot there was a game on after a few pours. 

• I like it 3

Nothing!

We were at a friends house and they don't have much in the way of bourbon so I went without while watching football for the first time in.........well, it's too long to remember.

What a tough game to watch. I do need a drink after that!

Congrats to Gee for his team getting ring number 6!

• I like it 4

A friend and I both brought bottles to the party.  I brought the aforementioned ET BIB and my buddy brought 4R SmB.  The son of the friend throwing the party brought a bottle of Rabbit Hole.  Well, with 3 bourbons there we decided a SBSBS taste test was in order.  We each enjoyed a pour of all three and helped broaden the horizons of our bourbon neophyte host. 

• I like it 1

Good food, fun and bourbon at our family Super Bowl party yesterday. Galvin0791's shared a few interesting pours. ;) I had Binny's ps Smooth Ambler Blended Whiskey, Jos Magnus/Murray Hill Club, (nice job Nancy), and Blanton's SFTB. Too bad the game wasn't as good as the bourbon. :mellow: Oh well. Hey, I won the first quarter in our 25¢ a square family pool, ($5.00) and a scratch off lottery ticket was also a prize, and I won $10.00 on that. :P 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Good food, fun and bourbon at our family Super Bowl party yesterday. Galvin0791's shared a few interesting pours. ;) I had Binny's ps Smooth Ambler Blended Whiskey, Jos Magnus/Murray Hill Club, (nice job Nancy), and Blanton's SFTB. Too bad the game wasn't as good as the bourbon. :mellow: Oh well. Hey, I won the first quarter in our 25¢ a square family pool, ($5.00) and a scratch off lottery ticket was also a prize, and I won $10.00 on that. :P 

Biba! Joe

Thanks @fishnbowljoe, glad you enjoyed the MHC! I helped with the initial formulation for the Smooth Ambler American Whiskey some years ago, so I hope that turned out good as well. 

I kind of felt like a traitor yesterday, not because I didn't have MHC or Smooth Ambler, but just because I had beer (gulp!) instead of bourbon of any sort. I don't know why- maybe because beer just seems to go better with Super Bowl-type cuisine like nachos, wings, etc. At any rate, I ended up having a Lagunitas IPA and a Sierra Nevada Stout. The IPA definitely went better with the nachos. I digress......

At any rate, I used to live in Boston, so I was rooting for the Pats. 

Cheers,

Nancy

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 2

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Hey, I won the first quarter in our 25¢ a square family pool, ($5.00) and a scratch off lottery ticket was also a prize, and I won $10.00 on that. :P 

More action  than the game provided, me thinks. Always a good time, Joe. Thanks!!

:)

I was glad the Rams lost. I was sad the Pats won. There was going to be no good outcome for me.

I didn't have any bourbon but this was at least aged in a bourbon barrel. Took the whole game to finish it.

20190203_204556.jpg

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

I was glad the Rams lost. I was sad the Pats won. There was going to be no good outcome for me.

I really didn’t have an interest in the winner, but found myself pulling for the Patriots when the Rams didn’t go with their blue and white combo.  I love their blue helmet with white horns.  Reminds me of my ute when I was a big Roman Gabriel fan.  I see but don’t completely understand the animosity that NE and Brady/Belichick get, but damn, how can one not just marvel at the excellence of that organization and what they’ve done for such a long time.  

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.