Super Bowl Bourbon

graftonbc1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

During the AFC championship, I had a pour of Willet Estate 4 year rye during the first half, and a pour of the Willet Estate 6 year bourbon. Both are fabulous, and they helped to make the Pats win that much more enjoyable. I’m wondering if I should give into superstition and go with the same pours. 

Im wondering if anyone has started  planning their super bowl pours. 

Well, repeating the pours certainly cannot hurt, and regardless of the outcome, consuming those particulars would likely be more enjoyable than, say, consuming Old Crow and Diet Coke instead.

• I like it 3

I have to say that I personally am hoping that whatever pours you choose don't provide the desired outcome, no offense to you of course.

• I like it 5

I'm going to wait until late in the second half to turn the game on.  I may only watch a minute or two.  Rams win = generous pours of whatever is open in the cabinet.  I'll probably shop on Saturday, so to be determined.

• I like it 1

I'll have a few 'special' pours to offer the guests, and will drink some myself, I imagine.    Not sure what yet; but, will probably include Wm Heavenhill, and WLW at the top.

• I like it 3

Friends that come over will expect some bourbon.  I will accommodate them.  I will be very excited during the game, so drinking may not be something I am interested in doing.

• I like it 1

Since I don't have a dog in the fight, I won't be planning on something special to celebrate if my team wins.

I may end up having a GTS or similar just to celebrate the final game of the year. We enter a sports dead zone on Monday and I'll  miss my weekly appointments with NFL football on TV accompanied by bourbon.

We'll have a hockey team in a couple years so that will help bridge the gap.

No Bourbon, but as life long Patriots fan and native New Englander enjoying the spectacle of the SB right here in my current home town? There will be Sam Adams fresh off the tap to (hopefully) celebrate a richly deserved Patriots victory. P.S. no bandwagon here, I still remember the icy cold sensation of being frozen to the old Foxboro stadium aluminum benches, back when we were the doormat of the NFL. I will as I have each patriots SB, savor each and every second because this era is something unique and very special, likely not to be seen again, carry on...

long 

I hope Stan Kroenke never wins a championship with any of the teams he owns.  This coming from a guy in STL that saw him crap all over the city on his way out of town.  So I'll quietly be rooting for the Patriots to win while having a pour of something cheaper, like HH green label or WT101.

Our family will be getting together at my niece and her husbands (Galvin0791) house for the Super Bowl. Mike has a growing bunker, and more than likely I'll probably bring somethin' too, so regardless,  it'll be a fun time with good food, good bourbon, and above all great family. :D

Having to work the day after kinda sucks though. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

Loch & K(e)y OWA pick during the game, reserving the dram of PVW20 for the end of the game.  "If we win it, I deserve it.  If we lose it, I need it!"   ☺️

Edited by GeeTen
Emoji fro box below, no workee still!
  • I like it 4

On 1/25/2019 at 8:36 PM, GeeTen said:

Loch & K(e)y OWA pick during the game, reserving the dram of PVW20 for the end of the game.  "If we win it, I deserve it.  If we lose it, I need it!"   ☺️

Gee, I hope you NEED it.  Go Rams! ?

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I cannot, in good conscience, root for EITHER team.

As a Chiefs fan, I understand your position.

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, meadeweber said:

Gee, I hope you NEED it.  Go Rams! ?

Hey, how about those Redskins/Ravens???   We're still here!!!  ☺️

47 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Whatchu talking about? The Boston Redskins moved down I-95 (so to speak) to DC  in 1937. That’s right, they used to play in Fenway Park. Harry told me all about it. :)

• I like it 2

DxjhSUgUYAAopg6.jpg

"You hate us 'cause you ain't us".  But I have to admit that it would be good for the NFL if the Rams win - folx are getting really tired of our Duck Boat parades celebrating Championships in this town.  But with either outcome, I win 'cause I get to drink a wee dram of PVW20.  Huzzah!   ☺️

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 4

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Not for the last five years or so the Skins haven't.  Maybe ten.  Do I hear fifteen?

• I like it 2

Going to a friends house for a Super Bowl party.  He usually drinks WR.  I'm thinking I'll take him something else to broaden his horizons.  Probably take along a Merlot for his wife.

• I like it 2

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but the Super Bowl , this NFL that we have loved and watched for so long is fake AF ! This is a hollow Super Bowl a hollow game with no integrity not watching . Where is Roger Goodelle ? Why hasn’t he commented on the NO call? He knows the charade is over.

Edited by Gunslinger686
  • I like it 1

20 hours ago, GeeTen said:

I'm a Steelers fan.  Now I think you will better understand my hate (jealousy☺️) of the Pats.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Gunslinger686 said:

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but the Super Bowl , this NFL that we have loved and watched for so long is fake AF ! This is a hollow Super Bowl a hollow game with no integrity not watching . Where is Roger Goodelle ? Why hasn’t he commented on the NO call? He knows the charade is over.

Dont hold anything back. Tell us exactly how you feel. 

2 hours ago, meadeweber said:

I'm a Steelers fan.  Now I think you will better understand my hate (jealousy☺️) of the Pats.

I grew up in Pittsburgh, but I have lived in New England, lo, these past 31 years. All of my family is still in Pittsburgh so I feel the incendiary nature of the hate/hate relationship. 

• I like it 1

I’m pretty sure I’ll be drinking something good during the Super Bowl. I haven’decided on what I might be bringing, but I know that Galvin0791 has at least a few nice offerings. :P Heck, I might not even bring anything other than the two batches of chili I’ll be making for the party. :lol:

I almost hate to admit it, but in some ways, I kinda agree with Gunslinger. As everybody knows, pro football isn’t really much of a game any more. It’s big business. A game is fun. Big business, usually not so much. Just sayin..... :mellow:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m pretty sure I’ll be drinking something good during the Super Bowl. I haven’decided on what I might be bringing, but I know that Galvin0791 has at least a few nice offerings. :P Heck, I might not even bring anything other than the two batches of chili I’ll be making for the party. :lol:

I almost hate to admit it, but in some ways, I kinda agree with Gunslinger. As everybody knows, pro football isn’t really much of a game any more. It’s big business. A game is fun. Big business, usually not so much. Just sayin..... :mellow:

Biba! Joe

Not that I do this but I would definitely not be  betting  on any professional sports.

Edited by Gunslinger686

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.