There can be only one

mross
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was not sure whether to call this your "current" favorite or "all time" favorite so I decided to go all in with only one. You can only have one bourbon till the end of time, no others, you pick your one and all others go up in a puff of the Angels share. Don't think about one's you have not tried. Pick.  So what is it? Feel free to tack on an explanation, justification, whatever.

Elijah Craig barrel proof.

I thought I was heading toward the Kentucky Straights or the wheated ones then tried this and wow. I like the ability to go neat put in ice, taste the cool off difference then the dilute difference.

PS. Apologies to "Highlander" one of my all time favorite movies.

RRSiB (private selection of course)

Sometimes I'm in the for high rye, sometimes I'm in the mood for wheated, sometimes I'm in the mood for mashbill #1, but I'm ALWAYS in the mood for NCF 110 proof kickin' chicken. 

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

RRSiB (private selection of course)

Sometimes I'm in the for high rye, sometimes I'm in the mood for wheated, sometimes I'm in the mood for mashbill #1, but I'm ALWAYS in the mood for NCF 110 proof kickin' chicken. 

Yep. That’d be my pick as well. Multiple profiles be it the sweeter side you get with B and D, the classic bourbon profile of G K N or the spicy/prickle from camp nelson. Just wait till it rolls out in cask strength!

This is the one question that I have been asked more than any other regarding whiskey and I still can’t answer it. It is just too much of a mood or situational thing for me to pick one. If I could only have one beverage on that proverbial desert island then it would be water.

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, mross said:

Was not sure whether to call this your "current" favorite or "all time" favorite so I decided to go all in with only one. You can only have one bourbon till the end of time, no others, you pick your one and all others go up in a puff of the Angels share. Don't think about one's you have not tried. Pick.  So what is it? Feel free to tack on an explanation, justification, whatever.

Elijah Craig barrel proof.

I thought I was heading toward the Kentucky Straights or the wheated ones then tried this and wow. I like the ability to go neat put in ice, taste the cool off difference then the dilute difference.

PS. Apologies to "Highlander" one of my all time favorite movies.

ECBP is a Kentucky straight bourbon just so you know.

My favorite vs. the only one I can ever have... My brain parses these differently.

I could never pick a favorite because that does change on a daily basis depending on many factors. For example, there are days a RR SiB is preferable to any BTAC by a large margin.

But for the latter, I'll pick GTS. I know that even on my worst off days it'll be as pleasant as any, and on the right occasion it'll deliver a big loving punch.

It was close between OWA or Weller 12 but Weller 12 won out in the end.  If I could afford it, it would be my daily go to.

14 minutes ago, pyro273 said:

It was close between OWA or Weller 12 but Weller 12 won out in the end.  If I could afford it, it would be my daily go to.

If they would sell it at its retail/msrp you COULD afford it.

• I like it 4

32 minutes ago, flahute said:

ECBP is a Kentucky straight bourbon just so you know.

Your right, that's what happens when you edit without re-reading!

2 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Yep. That’d be my pick as well. Multiple profiles be it the sweeter side you get with B and D, the classic bourbon profile of G K N or the spicy/prickle from camp nelson. Just wait till it rolls out in cask strength!

That cask strength is going to have a permanent spot on my bottle shelf.  Hopefully Campari follows through with this promise.

Hands down, it would be my 2018 Weller Blend! :P  :D  ^_^

Biba! Joe

blend.jpeg

• I like it 3

It seems a bit pedestrian, but I would go with Eagle Rare 10.  While many of the higher proof options are delicious, I am still amazed every time I pop open a new bottle of ER.

• I like it 1

This is the one question that I have been asked more than any other regarding whiskey and I still can’t answer it. It is just too much of a mood or situational thing for me to pick one. If I could only have one beverage on that proverbial desert island then it would be water.

I can't even choose one distillery much less one bourbon 

Rich and Gary, I’m right there with you. I don’t think I could even choose just a bourbon...scotch or rum would muck up the decision for me too!

16 minutes ago, rjg1701 said:

It seems a bit pedestrian, but I would go with Eagle Rare 10.  While many of the higher proof options are delicious, I am still amazed every time I pop open a new bottle of ER.

ohhh, good choice!  Ya know, I really need to get some but it's so damn hard to find where I live.

Booker’s. Each batch would be just different enough to make it stay interesting since it would be the only thing I’m drinking for the rest of my life. 

• I like it 1

As much as I wanted to say GTS, my love of BT mash bill #2 results in the choice of RHF.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

While I hate to feed the hype, it'd be WLW

You hate to feed the hype my a**! :D I can't argue with anything Weller here.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

While I hate to feed the hype, it'd be WLW

Well if that's the only one around hopefully it would be priced at retail.

This would be my choice as well, and I don't mind feeding the hype.  This one is well worth it.

• I like it 3

I would say it'll  be hard to choose among the many, many Bourbons I've tasted; but that would be a lie.    It would be IMPOSSIBLE to choose!

On any given afternoon or evening I may prefer a fairly pedestrian pour over some of the higher end stuff.   And, without the expectation of having the same olfactory & palate preferences for the rest of my life, I just can't imagine what Bourbon I'd settle upon.

Many of the choices already voiced above would be hard to argue against.    Many others not yet mentioned would as well.

I'll ask an open question here just to muddy the water a little.....

Would these future bottles of the chosen brand all be obtained at today's exchange rate, and with the attendant difficulty, or lack thereof?   Think about that as you "choose"....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.