There can be only one

mross
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Rich and Gary, I’m right there with you. I don’t think I could even choose just a bourbon...scotch or rum would muck up the decision for me too!

I think that the three of us should share many fine whiskeys in April and ruminate on this more. ;)
  • I like it 1

Talk about a boom...if you thought GTS (or even ECBP) hard to get now...just think if it was the last bourbon on earth. 

31 minutes ago, BigRich said:

I think that the three of us should share many fine whiskeys in April and ruminate on this more. ;)

Wait a minute......are you suggesting we sample adult beverages with a purpose in mind instead of just for the hell of it? :blink:

• I like it 2

I think that the three of us should share many fine whiskeys in April and ruminate on this more. default_wink.png

Wait a minute......are you suggesting we sample adult beverages with a purpose in mind instead of just for the hell of it? :blink:

Sounds like a plan!
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, Vosgar said:

I was told there would be no thinking involved.

• I like it 2

16 minutes ago, flahute said:

Rich and I can handle that without any problem, not sure about Jeff....

• I like it 1

I agree that the question of a favorite bourbon isn't the same as a bourbon for the rest of time, to the exclusion of all others.

The latter has to be straight down the middle,   always satisfying,  and best personifying the flavors I most enjoy in bourbon.    And affordable -  If I'm going to be drinking Stagg to the end of time, I won't be drinking too much Stagg.   

It's down to Wild Turkey and Old Forester.    Those mean bourbon to me.   At the proof and presentation I most enjoy,  Kentucky Spirit and OF Statesman.     I'm sipping a Kentucky Spirit right now,  and conclude I could survive on this stuff, so there's  the choice.  

• I like it 1

It’s a tough choice, & even harder when you delve into a line with more choices...  Closest thing I can say is, it would be a Four Roses Single Barrel with an OES in the first three letters.  The last letter is a toss up lol.  I go back & fourth on which I like more. 

Tough decision. I like so many different bourbons from different distilleries, it really just depends on my mood and the occasion which one I am craving. If pressed for an every occasion bourbon that doesn’t vary by batch or individual barrels, I would go with Weller 12.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Statesboro Blues said:

Blanton’s

Well,

I'm gonna give this answer some credit.  At least with it. being single barrel, you would get some variety.

• I like it 2

Anything at all. With no limiting factors... WLW all day. If price and availability are limiting factors then I think I’d choose standard BT but I’d wrestle with myself over WT101. Two vastly different flavor profiles. So hard to choose.

Rich and I can handle that without any problem, not sure about Jeff....

LOL! I do tend to overthink things sometimes.

If I can figure out how to get the rest of the bottles from the Barrel the last Single Cask Nation WT Cask Strength Single Barrel is pretty close to a perfect bourbon for me. If I had to pick something that would actually be on the shelf Booker's but damn would I miss WT

EC12. I wish I could still suck that stuff down with a straw! I'm lucky I still have a decent amount of it in the bunker, but that was my go to pour 5 or 6 days a week.

Edited by elmossle
  • I like it 1

11 hours ago, elmossle said:

EC12. I wish I could still suck that stuff down with a straw! I'm lucky I still have a decent amount of it in the bunker, but that was my go to pour 5 or 6 days a week.

I just might have to agree with you. I still have 2 bottles left.

• I like it 2

Good stuff. Thanks for the answers, although some of you are copping out.  ?In this question there are no limits, does not matter if it is available or not, price is also not considered.

By the way what is RRSiB? I do not recognize that one.

3 minutes ago, mross said:

Good stuff. Thanks for the answers, although some of you are copping out.  ?In this question there are no limits, does not matter if it is available or not, price is also not considered.

By the way what is RRSiB? I do not recognize that one.

Not sure who posted a comment (being too lazy to look...HA!) about RRSiB; but, I assume the post refers to Russell's Reserve (Sm. Batch) Single Barrel.   

At least that's what I think.....     (I know.   Think?   Well, I'm doing my best, anyway.)

7 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Not sure who posted a comment (being too lazy to look...HA!) about RRSiB; but, I assume the post refers to Russell's Reserve (Sm. Batch) Single Barrel.   

At least that's what I think.....     (I know.   Think?   Well, I'm doing my best, anyway.)

I believe there was a bourbon nerd decree some moons ago that SiB was single barrel and Sb is Small Batch, it is written in stone now on our ancient 17th century tablets created when Elijah Craig accepted the whiskey gods gift of America's fine elixir, though the same nerds now question the history just because the story may have some historical inaccuracies related to not being entirely factual, in the least, in any way, at all.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.