Barton Sourced Bourbon

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Skimming through some recent review, I noticed one for the Goodwood Stout Barrel Finished Bourbon, like CoK it's was older (12 year) bourbon sourced from Barton. Interestingly the review states that it came from the collapsed warehouse, hadn't thought about it but it makes sense that Barton would have offloaded some of the intact barrels they didn't have storage space for. I think we can all also safely assume that Jim and his partners were able to make some money on CoK considering that this finished 12 year old is selling for $50 less.

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/drink-reviews/bourbon-reviews/goodwood-stout-barrel-finish-bourbon-review/#.XFBpQ1VKjIV

I’m not sure that’s a safe assumption at all. Jim rejected a lot of barrels before choosing the ones they bought. 

Its very possible the 12 yr barrels you mention had issues which necessitated the barrel finish. It’s also possible that Jim being choosy came with a price. 

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, flahute said:

I’m not sure that’s a safe assumption at all. Jim rejected a lot of barrels before choosing the ones they bought. 

Its very possible the 12 yr barrels you mention had issues which necessitated the barrel finish. It’s also possible that Jim being choosy came with a price. 

Fair point and truth be told I'm mostly just poking fun at the whole idea of $100+ sourced Barton which just seems a bit out of control. Funny that all of these are hitting the market now, to my recollection this never materialized:

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=18033001000013

I also would assume that the warehouse collapse may lead to a few more Barton sourced releases since space seams to be at a premium at this point. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.