Poor man's Booker's 30th

fosmith
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night I tried a blend of Booker's 2018-04 (Kitchen Table) and a 14yo KCSiB Bevmo pick barrel #7225.  Ratio ~2 parts Booker's to ~1 part KC.  I didn't measure; just eyeballed it.. 

Wow!  The KC added complexity from the extra age and just gave the end result much more depth and balance.  And, the Booker's contributed sweet fruit and caramel notes that were a bit lacking in the KC

I've not tried Booker's 30th but this tastes like descriptions I've read and what I imagine it would taste like.  Has any here tried a blend like this? 

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, fosmith said:

Last night I tried a blend of Booker's 2018-04 (Kitchen Table) and a 14yo KCSiB Bevmo pick barrel #7225.  Ratio ~2 parts Booker's to ~1 part KC.  I didn't measure; just eyeballed it.. 

Wow!  The KC added complexity from the extra age and just gave the end result much more depth and balance.  And, the Booker's contributed sweet fruit and caramel notes that were a bit lacking in the KC

I've not tried Booker's 30th but this tastes like descriptions I've read and what I imagine it would taste like.  Has any here tried a blend like this? 

Once I'm back in game shape I'll try to remember to throw something like this together and do a SBS

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.