Willett

Carnagusfarnbuckler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

You know, I have to say I poured a glass of Pot Still, just now.  I have a 1.75 from about 3-4 yrs ago with half left.  It's always just never done it for me.  Well tonight, it is fantastic!  May end up with 3-4 more pours, at this rate! Very happily surprised.

8 hours ago, RussianBourbonLover said:

You know, I have to say I poured a glass of Pot Still, just now.  I have a 1.75 from about 3-4 yrs ago with half left.  It's always just never done it for me.  Well tonight, it is fantastic!  May end up with 3-4 more pours, at this rate! Very happily surprised.

Don't you just LOVE those days when your palate, and whatever other conditions, conspire to make what is ordinarily a mediocre pour soar to the heavens? 

I get those experiences bout twice a year.   I only wish I could figure out why it happens, so I could MAKE it happen on a regular basis.

• I like it 2

• 2 months later...

A few questions about Willett:

How old are the Willett distilled WFE bourbon and rye releases now? I recently bought a 4yr rye and thought I have read that there are 5yr ryes. What about on the bourbon side?

Secondly, what KBD brands now contain some or all Willett distilled whiskey? My understanding, for example, is that current Old Bardstown releases are all Willett distilled.

As far as I can tell KBD owns and continues to release the following brands (besides the WFE releases):

Willett Pot Still Reserve
Johnny Drum
Noah’s Mill
Old Bardstown
Pure Kentucky
Rowan’s Creek

2 hours ago, Jazz June said:

A few questions about Willett:

How old are the Willett distilled WFE bourbon and rye releases now? I recently bought a 4yr rye and thought I have read that there are 5yr ryes. What about on the bourbon side?

Secondly, what KBD brands now contain some or all Willett distilled whiskey? My understanding, for example, is that current Old Bardstown releases are all Willett distilled.

As far as I can tell KBD owns and continues to release the following brands (besides the WFE releases):

Willett Pot Still Reserve
Johnny Drum
Noah’s Mill
Old Bardstown
Pure Kentucky
Rowan’s Creek

Their website lists the current releases: https://www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com/the-whiskeys/

Willett distilled WFEs can be as old as 7yrs now but 6 is more common. There's very little of it. There are 6yr ryes out there but again, not many.

Old Bardstown is 100% Willett distilled. The other KBD brands have some mixed in.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.