Nooooo... Mash spill at Barton 1792

marshall9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Man Barton cannot catch a break, eh!!!???

How’bout it...

• I like it 5

Wow! Another tough break for Barton. Hopefully, since it’s only beer, I’m assuming the environmental impact won’t be as bad as the rick house collapse.

“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it,”  :huh:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

I think it’s time for a full structural assessment of every building and large piece of equipment on that property. 

• I like it 4

Well, I don’t foresee a slug problem on the grounds this year...

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, flahute said:

I think it’s time for a full structural assessment of every building and large piece of equipment on that property. 

I was there Friday and it certainly struck me as a post ww2 working distillery. BT has put sole polish on but the Barton tour is literally walking through someones work space while someone talks about hammer mills and mash cookers. There was some computers and automation. And plum bobs in the rickhouse I was in. It reminded me of a chemical plant I worked at the summer after high school. Nice folks there. And we picked a pretty kick ass barrel too. 

Hope the spill didn’t have anything to do with those levers I pulled curious george style !!

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, flahute said:

This.  I'm thinking that whomever is their insurance carrier is going to demand something along these lines (and certainly any new insurance carrier).  Hope any other pending disasters are avoided.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, flahute said:

Plum bob older than christmas. 

29383F59-0CED-440A-B1C1-A72FA1427F5E.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Plum bob older than christmas. 

But, apparently still functioning quite well. 

Ya' know how you can tell if stops being accurate?    When the string breaks and it hits the ground.  HA!

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

But, apparently still functioning quite well. 

Ya' know how you can tell if stops being accurate?    When the string breaks and it hits the ground.  HA!

Yep.  Pretty reliable tool for thousands of years.  The pyramids are still standing, ain’t they!!!  Which indeed, makes it older than Christmas...:)

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 2

I would think there is a serious pucker factor going on.  Probably more gov’t alphabet agencies than they care to see. When all is said and done, in comes the “home office”........

Nothing scarier than the phrase, “We are from the government and we are here to help.”

Edited by markandrex

Like any distillery of that age, it will have problems with older buildings. But them the recent spill was from a tank that was fairly new.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.