Anyone hear timing on WTMK-R?

BottledInBond
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone heard anything on the potential timing of the WTMK “Cornerstone” rye release? They got the label for it approved a few weeks ago but I haven’t heard anything on timing or price yet. Of course it isn’t guaranteed that they release a product every time they get a label approved, but it’s a pretty good indication at the very least. And, as long as they do some new radical pricing divergence, I assume I’m a buyer on this one. 

I didnt see it on the breaking bourbon release calendar.  I'm intrigued. 

I hope this isn’t in the price range that the Masters Keep releases have been since this is much younger than the last releases. However, given the pricing for some other aged and not so aged ryes, I’m sure it will be in the same price range again.

Oh i wasn't aware this was a thing. I might bite even at the usual MK prices, especially if 100+ proof. I'm really into Russell's Reserve Rye Single Barrel, I've done some blind sbs with ryes costing twice as much and it has come out in the 1 or 2 spot. I don't expect that it's much older than 6 or 7 years, so 9 year WT rye sounds pretty nice to me.

Edited by EarthQuake

I'd imagine they stay in line with previous releases.  So I would guess that retail will be $150 (that was the VA ABC price for all three previous releases).  Both the Decades and the Revival came out in VA in June, so I would imagine this will be another May / June release.

Hmm, there would need to be pretty something special about this to make it worth the $150 range like past WTMK bottles. It does say a "minimum" of 9 years and it has decent proof at 109 if that is accurate. But that still doesn't really say $150 to me. But I still may take the plunge despite my initial skepticism. Or not!

Hmm, there would need to be pretty something special about this to make it worth the $150 range like past WTMK bottles. It does say a "minimum" of 9 years and it has decent proof at 109 if that is accurate. But that still doesn't really say $150 to me. But I still may take the plunge despite my initial skepticism. Or not!

I have faith in you Bruce!

I wonder if this could be part of taking 101 rye off the shelf for a few years was about. Regardless, I'm in.

Edited by LCWoody

• 1 month later...

According to Whiskey Advocate WTMK Cornerstone will be released in August and priced at not the previous lofty 150.00 but 175.00. A 15,000 bottle release vs. 19.2K for WTMK Revival.

VERY curious what a SBS with RRSib Rye would reveal, 150.00 was steep enough but at 175 its nearly thrice the price!!

I have enjoyed all the Masters Keep line.  Really looking forward to this one even at 175.00.  Buy for me.  

Ooof that's a bit of a stretch at $175. Really looking forward to this but might pass at that price. Luckily it seems the WTMK series could usually be found at closer to $120 if you shopped around, so maybe this won't be so bad when it hits stores.

39 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

Ooof that's a bit of a stretch at $175. Really looking forward to this but might pass at that price. Luckily it seems the WTMK series could usually be found at closer to $120 if you shopped around, so maybe this won't be so bad when it hits stores.

That was my exact feeling on this one

• I like it 1

I imagine I’ll end up ponying up for at least one, even at $175. Partially because I am a sucker for aged eyes in general, partially because I really like WT ryes specifically, and finally because I have to spend some money periodically at certain stores to maintain my status as a good whiskey customer. But it’ll still hurt a little bit.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

I imagine I’ll end up ponying up for at least one, even at $175. Partially because I am a sucker for aged eyes in general, partially because I really like WT ryes specifically, and finally because I have to spend some money periodically at certain stores to maintain my status as a good whiskey customer. But it’ll still hurt a little bit.

Yep pretty much the same as this here as well.....

22 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

21 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

That was my exact feeling on this one

Same here.  Something tells me a limited edition well-aged Rye from my favorite distillery will not only be something I can't resist at damn near any price, it will also prove to be worth it.

• I like it 2

I love older rye and think WT rye is very good. But $175 is a really nutty price. No way I pay that. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.