Weller Full Proof

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I love em, BT that is. But what is the point of having to play games all the time to get anything. I've moved on for the most part. If I happen upon something for a reasonable price, or in a lottery of course I'll still bite. But the silliness has gone too far. 

• I like it 5

I love em, BT that is. But what is the point of having to play games all the time to get anything. I've moved on for the most part. If I happen upon something for a reasonable price, or in a lottery of course I'll still bite. But the silliness has gone too far. 

Ahh...bourbon zen is close upon you young grasshopper. [emoji6]
  • I like it 1

I am excited, even though I doubt I will ever even see a bottle of it.  You can't even buy SR around here

Just now, ENYAW said:

I am excited, even though I doubt I will ever even see a bottle of it.  You can't even buy SR around here

Where in the Garden State are you? 

10 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Ahh...bourbon zen is close upon you young grasshopper. emoji6.png

It feels like its getting closer. 

• I like it 1

I feel the best chance at reaching true bourbon zen happens surrounded by bourbon and friends in a little gazebo in Bardstown

• I like it 3

13 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Where in the Garden State are you? 

If you were up north I'd let you know the next time I saw some, I've seen OWA a few times in the last year and WSR at least once. 

I feel the best chance at reaching true bourbon zen happens surrounded by bourbon and friends in a little gazebo in Bardstown

Soon my friend, very soon!

I wish it would come south.  I only know one store around here that has 2 bottles of WSR.  They want $199 each.  I love Weller, but that's crazy.

I wish it would come south.  I only know one store around here that has 2 bottles of WSR.  They want $199 each.  I love Weller, but that's crazy.

Wow! That’s just ridiculous!
  • I like it 1

10 hours ago, ENYAW said:

That's definitely a LS "huh" moment; especially if it's for the 750.   That's what they charge for OWA or W12 around here....if they ever show up, which is very rare.

That’s insane - in Chicago WSR is on shelves every day at 27.99 if you know where to look...OWA $34.99 at least quarterly and W12 once or twice a year at $36.99...I sympathize with other regions that have to deal with that nonsense. As stated...achieving bourbon zen for me means something yummy is always on the shelf under $40 staring right at you

Just so you know I'm not making this up
20190319_233538.thumb.jpg.091ed3562c4fa3701c155b1e525dcac9.jpg

I don’t think anyone doubted this, but still find it insane. This is the, “stop asking me for Weller price”. For places that don’t get Weller and are tired of asking questions about it. I saw the same thing in Western NY. The response is, “yes we have Weller if you want it here you go”. The kid behind the register never heard of Weller when I asked about the $200 WSR on the top shelf behind the counter. It’s crazy as Weller is everywhere in traditional markets, places like Texas for under $25. I’ve said it before but it’s arguably the most available bourbon in the Houston area.

I don’t think anyone doubted this, but still find it insane. This is the, “stop asking me for Weller price”. For places that don’t get Weller and are tired of asking questions about it. I saw the same thing in Western NY. The response is, “yes we have Weller if you want it here you go”. The kid behind the register never heard of Weller when I asked about the $200 WSR on the top shelf behind the counter. It’s crazy as Weller is everywhere in traditional markets, places like Texas for under $25. I’ve said it before but it’s arguably the most available bourbon in the Houston area.

I also never doubted your WSR pricing claim but do agree with the “pay or go away” message these prices communicate to customers. From a small business proprietor stand point however, while the “Weller guy” got the message, he/she probably now assumes your store is a rip off and tells his:her friends not to go. That is the longer term risk of stupid pricing.

I also never doubted your WSR pricing claim but do agree with the “pay or go away” message these prices communicate to customers. From a small business proprietor stand point however, while the “Weller guy” got the message, he/she probably now assumes your store is a rip off and tells his:her friends not to go. That is the longer term risk of stupid pricing.

Yes you are correct and to some extent your right. The place where I saw $200 WSR was down the street from a place with a selection that blew away Houston market pricing and availability. It however had no Weller. Totally fine as I picked up Parkers at retail and passed on things like RYSB10yr and a huge selection of 4R PS.

I lie next time I’m in town I’ll check the $200 WSR place out as it’s in the same plaza as the closest big grocery chain.

On 3/19/2019 at 12:10 AM, ENYAW said:

Only a 20X mark-up vs. what it went for in 2013 now if only the 401K responded in kind LOL!!

• I like it 1

On 3/19/2019 at 10:54 PM, ENYAW said:

Just so you know I'm not making this up

20190319_233538.jpg

About $199.99 too high in my book. Yuck

On 3/19/2019 at 2:01 PM, grantsi said:

That’s insane - in Chicago WSR is on shelves every day at 27.99 if you know where to look...OWA $34.99 at least quarterly and W12 once or twice a year at $36.99...I sympathize with other regions that have to deal with that nonsense. As stated...achieving bourbon zen for me means something yummy is always on the shelf under $40 staring right at you

not anymore. OWA came back into chicago this week at the new retail price. i passed. im not paying $60. fortunately i have plenty bunkered.

I doubt this will hit the shelves in Indy.  We rarely see WSR, OWA or WL12 unless in lotteries.  Of course, in Texas, I found 1.75 liter bottles of WSR plentiful for $30.99.  

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I doubt this will hit the shelves in Indy.  We rarely see WSR, OWA or WL12 unless in lotteries.  Of course, in Texas, I found 1.75 liter bottles of WSR plentiful for $30.99.  

That's as good a reason I've ever heard to move to Texas

Interesting that they decided to call it full proof instead of original proof - which I think was the term they used on their higher proof in the 1940-50’s...however I think back then was at or around 107, not 114. Would have been cool if they used the original proof term as I think would have shown they were pointing to a well educated bourbon audience. In practice, if this is limited it will likely drive positive to brand through both price point / margin and delivering some halo of ‘limitedness’ To the rest of the already scarce lineup 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.