Bourbon with steak

angelshare
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Booker's and steak anyone? Perfect in my opinion.

I remember seeing a pompous show on English tv a while back, where some aristocratic type invited his guests to "a small whiskey before dinner."

I'll go along with that (as well one as during and after as well!)

Higher proof whiskey also holds it's own with the flavour of the dish you're eating as well, I find.

Booker's and steak anyone? Perfect in my opinion.

Honestly, I can't specifically remember trying this combination. Planning steaks on the grill Saturday, and I have an unopened bottle of Booker's. HMMMM....

Regarding the higher proof bourbons, I will agree that Rare Breed seems to go particularly well with steak. Then again, VOB 80 goes well, too, and I think JD is a great steak complement.

We had a good bourbon and steak night. Unfortunately, I could have done better on the steaks - slightly overcooked to our taste. Still, charcoal grilled steaks with whiskey can't be beat. Picture #1: Steaks on the grill, my AAA 10 yr on the rocks (melted) next to the grill. Of course, I'm drinking it in a Four Roses glass.

post-553-144898114913_thumb.jpg

Then I had the Booker's suggested by our fellow Bourbonian. Magnificent. Ultimately, I cut it with a little bit of water.

post-553-14489811491387_thumb.jpg

Top secret: Tina is abstaining right now due to our VERY recent discovery that she is expecting. Consequently, she and Claire (our 2 year old) recommend for tea totallers:

post-553-14489811491938_thumb.jpg

Congratulations. If I've been paying attention, won't this be number three? You know, they now know what causes it.

Think of this. 3 x 9 means Tina will have foregone bourbon for 2 1/4 years for the sake of your family. That's love!!

3 x 9 means Tina will have foregone bourbon for 2 1/4 years for the sake of your family. That's love!!

Which brings to mind: While Tina is abstaining, do you get her share? smile.gif

Kids -- better (mostly!) than even bourbon.

Best wishes.

Congratulations grin.gif

Three is a lucky number grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Adding my best to you and your family. Hope we may meet you at the Festival in September.

Gary

Allow me to add my congratulations. I believe that our children are our most precious and important contributions. This is a wonderful event!

Tim

Congratulations. If I've been paying attention, won't this be number three? You know, they now know what causes it.

Think of this. 3 x 9 means Tina will have foregone bourbon for 2 1/4 years for the sake of your family. That's love!!

Wow, thanks to everyone for all your well wishes! Yes, Tina has made quite a few sacrifices along the way, not the least of which is 27 or so bourbon free months. She will occasionally have a tiny sip just to satisfy her bourbon palate, but, in essence, it's 40 weeks of abstention.

Tim, I don't know if I get her share exactly, but I suspect I come out ahead, probably because there is no division of designated driver duty! smile.gif

Chuck - I don't know if this is what you mean, but several years ago an elderly patient of mine was browbeating me over the fact that Tina and I had no children (she was a great grandmother and loved babies). I think I made some kind of comment like "maybe soon."

"Here's what you do," she said. "Tonight you go to the liquor store and get you a pint of liquor. You and Tina share it. Nature will take it's course."

"Oh, really? That works?" I said.

She smiled. "Worked for me every time!"

So, now we know - it's in the bourbon!

It's a small consolation, but Tina does get extra portions of steak for nine months.

I believe that's a bottling nobody has *EVER* posted tasting notes for! lol.giflol.gif

Seriously, congratulations on your news! grin.gif

Bourbon and Steak.

I am still trying to figure out an amusing tie between the thread title and the new subject. (Food and Fertility)

I guess that rather than risk a joke in "bad taste", I'll just say CONGRATULATIONS.

toast.gif

Dave,

So, now we know - it's in the bourbon!

Oh no! smilielol.gif Now that I think back, that the way my two children came to be. YeeGawds! shocked.gif Say it isn't so... smilielol.gif

Seriously, congratulations to you both! And, I'm most sure that you are a fair and reasonable person. And after Tina delivers...

I suspect I come out ahead, probably because there is no division of designated driver duty!

that she'll get equal time lol.gif

Again, congratulations ya'll,

Bj

Chuck,

Gawd I love the way you think... kiss.gif

Bj

I was in San Antonio visiting my parents this week and saw this story. It's about the hot, new trend...pairing whiskey and steak....with a Texas twist. Note the Weller in the picture as it can be found in almost any decent bar in Texas. There are a couple of recipies attached to the article that seem pretty interesting...and of course, BF gets in a little marketing as does Pacult. It's a good read and another example of the rising interest in bourbon.

Randy

http://www.mysanantonio.com/salife/food/stories/MYSA051904.1Q.steaks.dabd4895.html

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.