Sign in to follow this  
cfochs

What type of store is most likely to have Blanton's in stock?

cfochs

I'm driving from Wisconsin to Florida in a couple of weeks.  I'm looking to pick up a few bottles of Blanton's for myself and a few co-workers.  I'm wondering if my best bet for finding it is at liquor stores or grocery stores such as Mariano's, Meijer, Publix, etc.  Also, if any of you could point me in the direction of a few liquor stores along the way that would have some good store picks, I would appreciate it.  We will be taking interstate 57, 24, and then 75.  

Supercharger

Tough to say. That’s a long distance and I’m sure people will chime in. 

What I can say for a bit of what you’re driving through is: liquor stores are where most Blantons fans will hunt for bottles and grocery stores are ones that are typically at the bottom of the allotment list. 

kevinbrink

My tip would be it might be worth using Wine Searcher to check states in your travel path, you might find stores that have stock at a fair price where you can order ahead to limit your searching.  

grantsi
I'm driving from Wisconsin to Florida in a couple of weeks.  I'm looking to pick up a few bottles of Blanton's for myself and a few co-workers.  I'm wondering if my best bet for finding it is at liquor stores or grocery stores such as Mariano's, Meijer, Publix, etc.  Also, if any of you could point me in the direction of a few liquor stores along the way that would have some good store picks, I would appreciate it.  We will be taking interstate 57, 24, and then 75.  

The Jewel and Mariano’s grocery stores in Chicago ( I live in Lincoln park ) have them every day on the shelf...buy as many as you want. They do not allocate them.

graftonbc1

If you see a Wegman’s, try there. 

fosmith

I know it's not in your area but my local Safeway grocery store almost always has Blanton's on the shelf.  I even found GTS on the shelf at a grocery store for a bit more than 2X retail.  So, it pays to check out grocery stores. 

mross

In NJ at least south Jersey it's next to impossible to find, anywhere.

kevinbrink
28 minutes ago, mross said:

In NJ at least south Jersey it's next to impossible to find, anywhere.

This is very much not the case up north it is pretty easy to find in fact.

flahute

In these parts, the grocery stores often have it while the liquor stores almost always don't.

BourbonTexan

Around here in Texas the big name Liquor stores have stopped getting Blantons with the exception of what seems to be once or twice a year.

i always try to find the smaller liquor stores when I’m hunting for Blantons and other allocates bourbons

DCFan
On 3/12/2019 at 9:46 PM, cfochs said:

I'm not familiar with that route but from what I've read here I would stop at a Kroger in Indiana and Kentucky (again I don't know if you're going thru those states). They may or may not have Blanton's but they do seem to have very good selections and have things on sale as well.  I was at a Kroger in Louisville over new year's and they were stocked with BT, 750's and 1.75's.