The Perfect Bourbon Served Neat Part 1 (Color)

hollywood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This question has probably been posed thousands of times in as many different ways including here at SB.. I purpose that we address the asthetics first.. Who doesn’t like things that look nice, right?! That said, we’ll move on to Part 2 and so forth later addressing the other possibly more complex aspects of that “perfect pour” after everyone has had a chance to throw each candidate into the hat in respect to COLOR. Here we go! So after some debate, I considered my love of the coloration of many of the WT products, my initial bottling of GTS, and my ‘89 OFBB. I finally settled on Old Fitz 14 BIB! Although, in honesty I can’t say I’ve seen first hand I can’t take my eyes of this bottle! Exquisite color!

2F1D12A6-EBDE-4C74-976A-7C755C61BEF4.jpeg

Are we speaking here about the color of the label?    ...Or the color of the pour of a 'standard' amount in a standard glencairn? 

If we're discussing the latter we'll need to also consider ambient lighting, back-lighting, etc....no?

All that said, I too love the recent presentation of Old Fitz in it's entirety, including all the expressions so far.   I mean; what's not to like with this elegant bottle, label shape/color, closure, etc.

No... the color of the bourbon itself... I concur with you though, the bottle of this including the label and it's design as well is masterful.  I felt like Part 2 we'd discuss possibly the "Perfect Proof" neat and so on.  FYI.

Well, to my eye, a 14 yo KC SiB store pick looks beautiful in a glencairn.  Deep, glowing mahogany.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.