TW Samuels Bottled In Bond

Carnagusfarnbuckler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone here tried Heaven Hill’s T.W. Samuels Bottled In Bond?  I just learned of this one in the last couple of months.  Wow! What a great BIB for the money.  I was in Kentucky a couple of months ago and saw this bottle on the shelf.  It was only available in a plastic 1.75 bottle and I thought how good could this be?  I took a chance on it and paid 24 bucks for it.  When I tried this for the first time I could have kicked myself for not getting a couple more bottles as this is only available in Kentucky.  It has a great nose of classic bourbon.  It has a nutty taste along with buttered popcorn and brown sugar.  It does not drink like a 100 proof whiskey.  The finish is a medium finish and the nutty flavor still comes though along with some sweetness.

My issue is much like your story, C.    I abhor those plastic 1.75's, and since it isn't the sort of thing I would likely reach for very often, it would be expected to last a very long time, which isn't necessarily likely in that plastic.   If I ever saw a 750 (glass... or even plastic) I'd scoop it up.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

My issue is much like your story, C.    I abhor those plastic 1.75's, and since it isn't the sort of thing I would likely reach for very often, it would be expected to last a very long time, which isn't necessarily likely in that plastic.   If I ever saw a 750 (glass... or even plastic) I'd scoop it up.

Yeah, the first thing I did after tasting it was get two empty 750 (glass) bottles and put it in those.

• I like it 2

I tried it years ago, but from a glass 750ml bottle.  I pretty much started my bourbon hobby with bonded bourbon (a lot of it from Heaven Hill).  

As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying JTS Brown right now.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, PaulO said:

I tried it years ago, but from a glass 750ml bottle.  I pretty much started my bourbon hobby with bonded bourbon (a lot of it from Heaven Hill).  

As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying JTS Brown right now.

I was in Kentucky yesterday and picked up a couple more bottles, can't beat it for 25 bucks a 1.75.

About 8 or 10 years ago, there was a rumor that T W Samuels might be discontinued. I was down in Bardstown for one of our get togethers back then, and I believe I bought the last few 200 mls that J.T. had at lLiquor World at that time.  Sadly, all that I have left is one empty that I use for samples.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

I remember seeing an 80 proof version of TW Samuels too.

There was another HH bonded brand - Dowling's Deluxe.  I haven't seen that in years.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, PaulO said:

I remember seeing an 80 proof version of TW Samuels too.

There was another HH bonded brand - Dowling's Deluxe.  I haven't seen that in years.

Here you go Paul !!

1552949649889510802483.jpg

1552949711440-984583137.jpg

• I like it 4

On 3/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, Carnagusfarnbuckler said:

Has anyone here tried Heaven Hill’s T.W. Samuels Bottled In Bond?  I just learned of this one in the last couple of months.  Wow! What a great BIB for the money.  I was in Kentucky a couple of months ago and saw this bottle on the shelf.  It was only available in a plastic 1.75 bottle and I thought how good could this be?  I took a chance on it and paid 24 bucks for it.  When I tried this for the first time I could have kicked myself for not getting a couple more bottles as this is only available in Kentucky.  It has a great nose of classic bourbon.  It has a nutty taste along with buttered popcorn and brown sugar.  It does not drink like a 100 proof whiskey.  The finish is a medium finish and the nutty flavor still comes though along with some sweetness.

I bought one yesterday but have not had a chance to try it yet. Toddy's in Bardstown has a few left.

• 1 month later...

Is this one the wheated recipe, with the namesake and all.

15 hours ago, alcoholica said:

Is this one the wheated recipe, with the namesake and all.

TW Samuels is NOT wheated...it is Heaven Hill's traditional bourbon recipe with corn, rye and barley.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.