Targets

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

which (available) bourbons still have age statements and for how long? Getting slim

ER10

Bakers 7

Virgin 7

HmcK10

FRSB

I'm sure I'm missing a few..the Samuels thread took me down this wormhole.

Edited by FasterHorses

ER10's age statement is already on the back label. What is the saying...The writing is on the wall?

• I like it 1

Looks like this one was done in 2014..interesting to see the list from then compared to now. Italicized the ones that I know are gone or not readily available. Some I don't know the status.

Updated to add Sam Clay. That's a good catch. Another one of the many HH regional brands, and one with a long history.

Baker’s 7-year

Beam’s Choice 5-year

Big House 6-year

Black Saddle 12-year

Booker’s

Buck Bourbon 8-year

Bulleit 10-year

Eagle Rare 10-year Single Barrel

Elijah Craig 12-year

Evan Williams Single Barrel

Ezra Brooks 101 7-year

Ezra Brooks 12-year Single Barrel

Fighting Cock 6-year

Heaven Hill 6-year 90°

Heaven Hill 6-year BIB

Henry McKenna 10-year Single Barrel

Jeffers Creek 6-year

Jim Beam Black 8-year

Jim Beam Signature Craft 12-Year

Jim Beam White Label 7-year

Kirkland (Costco) Bourbon 7-year

Knob Creek 9-year

Knob Creek Single Barrel 9-year

Old Charter 8-year

Old Crow Reserve 4-year

Old Medley 12-year

Old Taylor 6-year

Sam Clay 6-year

Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12-year

Virgin Bourbon 7-year

Weller 12-year

Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 10-year

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 2

Why is Weller 12 italicized?  Because it's not "readily available"? It is still being produced.

14 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Why is Weller 12 italicized?  Because it's not "readily available"? It is still being produced.

Its basically a LEat this point.

10 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

which (available) bourbons still have age statements and for how long? Getting slim

ER10

Bakers 7

Virgin 7

HmcK10

FRSB

Russsells 10

knob Creek single barrel

evan williams single barrel

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Bbstout said:

ER10's age statement is already on the back label. What is the saying...The writing is on the wall?

Hasn't their age statement always been on the back?

How about Old Ezra 7yr, replacing Old Ezra 101 7yr.  Also ECBP (12yr).  To branch out from bourbon slightly, Bernheim Wheat is now 7yr, and Pikesville Rye is 6yr.

18 minutes ago, PowderKeg said:

How about Old Ezra 7yr, replacing Old Ezra 101 7yr.  Also ECBP (12yr).  To branch out from bourbon slightly, Bernheim Wheat is now 7yr, and Pikesville Rye is 6yr.

I think the ezra and ecbp arent considered readily available. Although the ECBP is becoming more available. Try to track down the Ezra BP... its nearly impossible. 

I agree the ryes should be on the list and would add RR 6y/o Rye

41 minutes ago, BDanner said:

It used to be on the neck band I believe. 

• I like it 1

36 minutes ago, flahute said:

It used to be on the neck band I believe. 

Duh...You are correct. I totally spazzed on that one. They removed single barrel and the neck band at the same time, I think.

Edited by BDanner

13 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

ER10

Bakers 7

Virgin 7

HmcK10

FRSB

Pikeville and IW Harper?  Both of my bottles have age statements but I can't remember how old they are.

Wonder how many from that big lost are still around/available? Im not familiar with some of em.

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

I think the ezra and ecbp arent considered readily available. Although the ECBP is becoming more available. Try to track down the Ezra BP... its nearly impossible. 

I agree the ryes should be on the list and would add RR 6y/o Rye

Can stumble on both pretty routinely here (AR) at MSRP,  been looking at OE7yr on the shelf since it came out at one LS I frequent, and while ECBP is seasonal/quarterly? it hangs around too.  I just wish W12 would take up residence like that.

Edited by PowderKeg
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, BDanner said:

Duh...You are correct. I totally spazzed on that one. They removed single barrel and the neck band at the same time, I think.

Yeah, my understanding is that the change had to do with the new automated bottling line and somehow the neck band was not able to be applied.  Believe BT has said there are no plans to remove the age statement and I believe it has been a few years already.  While on the topic the bottles no longer say "single barrel" right?  Think this was because the new system could have a bottle that finishes one barrel and starts another and thus they cannot call it  a single barrel anymore.  

Ezra Brooks 7 year BP is readily available IMO.

19 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Yeah, my understanding is that the change had to do with the new automated bottling line and somehow the neck band was not able to be applied.  Believe BT has said there are no plans to remove the age statement and I believe it has been a few years already.  While on the topic the bottles no longer say "single barrel" right?  Think this was because the new system could have a bottle that finishes one barrel and starts another and thus they cannot call it  a single barrel anymore.  

Ezra Brooks 7 year BP is readily available IMO.

That is correct. They say that it is still a single barrel product, but they chose to remove it because the new bottling line may cause bourbon from other barrels to enter the bottle. That was 4-5 years ago and the age statement has remained. I was going to say Ezra BP 7 Year, but after the initial release, NC has seen no more.

Edited by BDanner

5 hours ago, BDanner said:

I was going to say Ezra BP 7 Year, but after the initial release, NC has seen no more.

Yeah, here in the Bay Area, it came and went in a flash...

• I like it 1

OP lists FRSB.  I didn't think it had an age statement on the label?  It was supposed to be around or close to ten years.

EWSB still has an age statement, but it keeps getting rolled back.

8 minutes ago, PaulO said:

OP lists FRSB.  I didn't think it had an age statement on the label?  It was supposed to be around or close to ten years.

I assume he's speaking of the store picks. 

I think the stock SiB OBSV is between 7-8 years. The store pick 100 proof that I've had were in the window. 

13 hours ago, BDanner said:

True...I was thinking of the 10 on the neck label. Not a single barrel anymore either though.

Jeffer's Creek 6 year is still very much available here as a house brand at a local chain FWIW. A few I can think of at the moment not on the list Boone County 10 & 12 year, Hickory Hill 12 year and Widow Jane 7 & 10 year

7 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Jeffer's Creek 6 year is still very much available here as a house brand at a local chain FWIW. A few I can think of at the moment not on the list Boone County 10 & 12 year, Hickory Hill 12 year and Widow Jane 7 & 10 year

Ill add

Lock Stock and Barrel 16 and 18

WP 10 , 12, 15

17 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Ill add

Lock Stock and Barrel 16 and 18

WP 10 , 12, 15

I was under the impression that the LS&B were one-off releases and not standard products.

13 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

I was under the impression that the LS&B were one-off releases and not standard products.

Maybe shelf turds at close to $200 but I see em all the time so I figured Id be fair and include em. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.