Stedman's Select

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I found this at America's largest retailer.  Apparently it's their house brand, sold nowhere else.

There wasn't much info online, other than Youtube.

Per Youtube, I.W.A. Distilling Louisville, KY is Sazerac, and they supply many spirits brands to Walmart.  

Stedman's Select Bourbon is 36 months old and 86 proof.  It comes in a glass bottle that looks similar to an Ancient Age bottle.  The cap is metal, like the newer Wellers.

Most important, how does it taste?

It's not very old, so nothing too complicated.  There are no off flavors.  Even at 3 years, it doesn't taste immature (white doggy).  I taste some sweetness and some oak.

I may try and reach out to I.W.A. Distilling to see if they'll tell us if this came from: BT, AA, or Barton.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:57 PM, PaulO said:

I found this at America's largest retailer.  Apparently it's their house brand, sold nowhere else.

There wasn't much info online, other than Youtube.

Per Youtube, I.W.A. Distilling Louisville, KY is Sazerac, and they supply many spirits brands to Walmart.  

Stedman's Select Bourbon is 36 months old and 86 proof.  It comes in a glass bottle that looks similar to an Ancient Age bottle.  The cap is metal, like the newer Wellers.

Most important, how does it taste?

It's not very old, so nothing too complicated.  There are no off flavors.  Even at 3 years, it doesn't taste immature (white doggy).  I taste some sweetness and some oak.

I may try and reach out to I.W.A. Distilling to see if they'll tell us if this came from: BT, AA, or Barton.

According to the TTB filing it appears to be Barton https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicDisplaySearchBasic&ttbid=17304001000407

Thank-you Kevin.

That makes sense.  I've heard that Barton supplies a lot of the odd brands Sazerac owns.

After a couple visits, I call this a decent value brand.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.