What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Doing a flight before heading to the theater to see Captain Marvel.

1792 Sweet Wheat, Blood Oath Pact 3, ECBP C918, and EC18 2018.  The EC18 is awesome. Great nose and feel. SW is so soft and sweet. The BO has a nice nose but something in the finish I didn't care for. The C918 is a great ECBP batch. Not a lot of heat for the proof.

Also tried Remus Reserve and Rossville BPMGP just isn't my thing. Like the rye better.

20190323_145329-1612x784.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 2

9 minutes ago, Clueby said:

1792 Sweet Wheat, Blood Oath Pact 3, ECBP C918, and EC18 2018.  The EC18 is awesome. Great nose and feel. SW is so soft and sweet. The BO has a nice nose but something in the finish I didn't care for. The C918 is a great ECBP batch. Not a lot of heat for the proof.

Also tried Remus Reserve and Rossville BPMGP just isn't my thing. Like the rye better.

The BO has a nice nose???  :D

• I like it 3

I had to cut my yard guy loose at the end of last year... soooo after needing to work the last 6 Saturdays and rain for almost the last 2 months, I had a warm day to catch up on yard work (raking leaves mostly)... :( Now that I’m completely wore out, and I’ll be in traction for the next month, I thought I’d lick my wounds with a large stadium cup of some EWBIB and ginger ale.. REFRESHING! :) 

63E606C1-DF0A-4327-81C1-ED0D226CCD26.jpeg

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

The BO has a nice nose???  :D

Ha! I didn't proof read that obviously. But, yes it did. The EC18 was definitely the winner of the round.

23 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

enhance

Found a place that stocks this regularly. 

What, a junkyard?

• I like it 6

This Jack Daniel’s Barrel Proof continues to hit every right button for me. 

CB22E060-DA87-4FDB-9A7F-DC13C0C42AD9.jpeg

• I like it 2

17 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

This Jack Daniel’s Barrel Proof continues to hit every right button for me. 

CB22E060-DA87-4FDB-9A7F-DC13C0C42AD9.jpeg

Oh my! I have a fondness of high proofs and JD as well, in particularly JD single barrel. I haven’t had this, and at a Buck33 proof this has to be magnificent! Well done! Cool pic btw..

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Oh my! I have a fondness of high proofs and JD as well, in particularly JD single barrel. I haven’t had this, and at a Buck33 proof this has to be magnificent! Well done! Cool pic btw..

Well based on that, I think you will like this.  I have enjoyed this release since my first sip when it was released.  For me, there are not many whiskies that I enjoy more.

Enjoying a beautiful afternoon by the fire with some EC12y and  Guy Clark music playing in the background and my good ‘ol dog keeping an eye out for coyotes. 

52208F5D-1DED-478F-AC68-706301969916.thumb.jpeg.88a08e45adc287ff471fcf229ad11029.jpegCCC6D7CC-54B8-4A87-A60B-B5BFD089237D.thumb.jpeg.844eec624c9549405f20ee4d599df40f.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, smokinjoe said:

Well based on that, I think you will like this.  I have enjoyed this release since my first sip when it was released.  For me, there are not many whiskies that I enjoy more.

Thumbs up! I’ve been a member here for almost 17 years now.. I’ve always had a feeling if you will that many here either don’t care for JD products or for some reason felt that it somehow wasn’t kosher to be a fan in that camp.. Not me! As I’ve stated many times, I adore many of the offerings out of WT, BT and others.. I’ll go on record again and say that JD Single Barrel is arguably as good as most anything out there and especially with the outrageous prices of some others.. I look forward to trying this barrel proof! Kudos my friend! ;)

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Thumbs up! I’ve been a member here for almost 17 years now.. I’ve always had a feeling if you will that many here either don’t care for JD products or for some reason felt that it somehow wasn’t kosher to be a fan in that camp.. Not me! As I’ve stated many times, I adore many of the offerings out of WT, BT and others.. I’ll go on record again and say that JD Single Barrel is arguably as good as most anything out there and especially with the outrageous prices of some others.. I look forward to trying this barrel proof! Kudos my friend! ;)

Nah...you like what you like.    Nothing wrong with JD

• I like it 2

CEHT single barrel tonight. Trying to finish off some bottles before opening some of the new ones I have gotten lately. 

3 hours ago, hollywood said:

Well... as a new guy, you haven’t been around much lately until just recently. :) The JDSBBP has gotten a lot of love on the forum. The bottle I have is fantastic. I sought it out based on the buzz here.  It tastes nothing like JD. It’s also different from bourbons that aren’t produced with the Lincoln county process. It’s unique and very good. I did pass on a different barrel, so there is definitely some single barrel variation. I am a fan though and will continue to keep it on my shelf. 

7 hours ago, Clueby said:

Hey, I did that today too!

Had:

Nikka from the barrel,

EC18,

PHC12,

& WP 10 store pick

(in that order)

2 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Well... as a new guy, you haven’t been around much lately until just recently. :) The JDSBBP has gotten a lot of love on the forum. The bottle I have is fantastic. I sought it out based on the buzz here.  It tastes nothing like JD. It’s also different from bourbons that aren’t produced with the Lincoln county process. It’s unique and very good. I did pass on a different barrel, so there is definitely some single barrel variation. I am a fan though and will continue to keep it on my shelf. 

New guy, I’m glad you enjoyed it.. I guess maybe the love for it here is because as you stated that it tastes nothing like JD. If that’s so then perhaps I won’t give it a go. Seems hard to believe even if only subtle that it wouldn’t have any of the JD profile at all.. Thanks for the heads up. 

ORVW10 followed by WLW out at dinner earlier-- not the best choice with a pending 1:00am wake-up call for a flight this morning…

IMG_0699.thumb.jpg.ac82d0e83a01346511ff7d684021386e.jpg

• I like it 2

Baker's this evening. Such a nice whiskey. Too bad it just keeps  creeping up in price. Oh well, I will enjoy  it while I can. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Charlutz said:

I have stayed pretty much clear of JD. When I was in Orlando in January, I tried a reserve flight at a restaurant. It included a barrel select of JD. I liked it much. Yesterday, I picked up a bottle of JDBSBP. It was bottled in June of last year, and shows a 129.8 proof. Very nice and easy drinking, uncut. It shows forth some great complexity. I would definitely recommend it. 

6 hours ago, hollywood said:

New guy, I’m glad you enjoyed it.. I guess maybe the love for it here is because as you stated that it tastes nothing like JD. If that’s so then perhaps I won’t give it a go. Seems hard to believe even if only subtle that it wouldn’t have any of the JD profile at all.. Thanks for the heads up. 

My post came off as more authoritative than intended. Sorry for that. I think what I was trying to say is that it really surprised me how much I enjoyed it when I find regular JD too tame. This stuff is definitely not tame. I encourage you to try it for yourself and not let a chucklehead on the internet discourage you. :) 

9 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Very tasty. Top broke off.

An OGD 114 cork will seal an old style EC bottle if you push it in hard at first.  I love the old ECs but those composite corks weren't very good. 

• I like it 1

28 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

My post came off as more authoritative than intended. Sorry for that. I think what I was trying to say is that it really surprised me how much I enjoyed it when I find regular JD too tame. This stuff is definitely not tame. I encourage you to try it for yourself and not let a chucklehead on the internet discourage you. :) 

Hey, no worries and all is good.  No ill intent was taken. Things can get taken out of context, and sorry if my reply came across the wrong way as well. ;) 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.