What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 hours ago, hollywood said:

New guy, I’m glad you enjoyed it.. I guess maybe the love for it here is because as you stated that it tastes nothing like JD. If that’s so then perhaps I won’t give it a go. Seems hard to believe even if only subtle that it wouldn’t have any of the JD profile at all.. Thanks for the heads up. 

It has some JD profile to it so you should try it. It just isn't dominated by that typical profile as it offers up a lot more beyond it.

• I like it 2

42 minutes ago, flahute said:

It has some JD profile to it so you should try it. It just isn't dominated by that typical profile as it offers up a lot more beyond it.

Sounds good then my friend, I certainly appreciate the insight. ;) 

• I like it 2

I’m becoming more fond of this EC SmB with each pour.. My bottle is waning however. :( 

Really enjoying some HH6BIB. Hard to believe I paid a whopping $11.79 for it in 2016 :D

• I like it 2

Buffalo Trace night.  ETL at a bar, then Bowman Brothers, Buffalo Trace, and Blanton's back at home.

• I like it 1

First day of (yet another working) vacation. Patio furniture out and set up, a little yard work and cleanup done, a few things purchased for more yard work later on in the week, and laundry all finished. Time to relax for a while. Kicking back with a healthy pour of a Stagg Jr, BT blend. Ahhhhh...... ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Mellow corn.  Not bourbon but every once in a while I go to it for something different.  Tonight it seemed sweeter than usual.  Not sure what it is about the palate tonight that makes it that way but I'm no complaining.

• I like it 3

Bib and Tucker tonight...and to me, it isn't worth the price. Definitely will not buy again.

21 hours ago, afmadd said:

Buffalo Trace night.  ETL at a bar, then Bowman Brothers, Buffalo Trace, and Blanton's back at home.

This looks like a good day! :)

Edited by Brett
  • I like it 1

On 3/24/2019 at 4:31 PM, beasled said:

Back on McKenna 10 this evening. Must get some more!

A brother from a different mother, grabbed five on my way home.

• I like it 1

ER10. I should've poured a mini dram first, as it's not quite hitting the spot tonight. I'm thinking a high rye bourbon may be on deck. I wish I still had a BM 10yr SiB or even just the standard 4R. Oh well. 

The little guy is asleep in his crib (16 months old... where did 16 months go??), DW is out at a board meeting, and I just logged in here after many months away, as I was thinking about a special taste.

I dug deep into the cabinet bar, and poured a little bit of a very special whiskey: Straightbourbon.com Heaven Hill Select Stock, selection #2.  I have just over half of my bottle left, not bad for being from 2013.

hhss2.thumb.jpg.2d2f02fa7c20bb22b8c9eb7b879fbb61.jpg

• I like it 9

16 hours ago, Brett said:

Bib and Tucker tonight...and to me, it isn't worth the price. Definitely will not buy again.

I had a sample of this once via a fellow enthusiast, that was more than enough for me.

• I like it 1

A pinch of OGD BIB to polish off the work day.  

Some OF 1910  tonight following a nice run after work.   This bottle is almost gone, so I am glad to have a backup waiting. 

Tried some of this Costco Kirkland neat. It’s clearly Dickle. I liked it several years ago when I thought maybe it was Beam sourced. This is bleeping terrible.

enhance

Aside from the great bottle, it's just not terribly special.  Reminding me of Charter 101 more than anything tonight...and that's not a good thing. 

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 2

Nothing special for me tonight. Finished off a bottle of EC Single Barrel store pick and had a small pour of WT Longbranch that I am trying to kill off slowly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.