What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Been working on this for awhile.

Almost done. 

Very good, but I don’t have plans to replace it. 

BA5B1817-9CA0-4A62-B9EB-DEEA8415C31E.jpeg

• I like it 3

After going with some Barrel aged beers the past few nights, it was back to bourbon tonight. Normally I would not have gotten back into the pool with some WTRR store pick, but when I ran home for lunch today, there was a group of Wild Turkeys hanging around in the backyard. I took it as a sign from the Bourbon Gods that I needed to pay attention to.?

• I like it 4

22 hours ago, hollywood said:

My man, Cohiba, yes!! Right on, well done! That could be battery acid in that glass and would’ve paired up nicely! The ER a much better choice however. ;) Carry on....

Thanks!

Going to try something new tonight.  It has an orange label and is called "Old Grand-Dad".  It's bonded, too.  Anybody heard of it?

:D

• I like it 5

9 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Going to try something new tonight.  It has an orange label and is called "Old Grand-Dad".  It's bonded, too.  Anybody heard of it?

Where would one find such a bottle? Haven't heard of it :) 

7 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

It’s not new, Harry.  You just found it in a place you didn’t know you had!  :D

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Trunk find? ;)

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, JMFH said:

Starting off with some Maker's

46730506705_d7fb3a4fba_c.jpg

You could replace that bottle with JB white label and it would look spectacular! I like your pics better than @0895 ‘s old blue pics. And that’s saying a lot. 

Scored Stagg Jr today, but wanted to retry something I opened a few weeks ago. Yup, still like it, going to go check to see if they have more fr this barrel next week.IMG_20190419_181146823.thumb.jpg.010ef6aaabc33c9ba9c14810abbd15b5.jpg

57 minutes ago, jwperry said:

Scored Stagg Jr today, but wanted to retry something I opened a few weeks ago. Yup, still like it, going to go check to see if they have more fr this barrel next week.IMG_20190419_181146823.thumb.jpg.010ef6aaabc33c9ba9c14810abbd15b5.jpg

In my experience the standard 4R SiB has been very consistent with different barrells. 

33 minutes ago, JMFH said:

Nice change-up after the spice of the Maker's PS.

47646785411_91487433e8_c.jpg

It is funny to me that now that it has won many that used to love it are now bad mouthing it.  It has always been one of my favorites.

• I like it 1

In my experience the standard 4R SiB has been very consistent with different barrells. 
That's good news, I don't have to rush to buy a backup for this bottle.
I haven't liked the standard or small batch offerings from 4R and they're buried in the back of my inventory.

So many whiskeys to try, so little money...

14 yr KC over a cube. Will get three pours before cube gone. Perfect for my 9:30 bedtime. (Early day tomorrow)

image.jpg

• I like it 4

23 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Tried the flight of the week.

20190419_170231-1612x784.jpg

How was the Redemption?  I tried their 10 year barrel proof rye and thought it was fantastic. 

12 minutes ago, afmadd said:

How was the Redemption?  I tried their 10 year barrel proof rye and thought it was fantastic. 

Lol. Was just going to ask that. 

Watching McLintock and having a nice pour of the current VBT. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Did Blantons. Now on to WN Saffell. I had a taste of the Saffell earlier and it felt a bit Turkey to me. After something more sweet/citrus like Blantons it has a nutty quality to it. 

Good, but I wouldn’t buy it again at $80/fifth. 

Edited by Supercharger

Tonight's lineup consisted of draining the last of a bottle of ETL and a follow up pour of ECBP A119. Both were very nice and made my taste buds do a little dance!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.