What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with JBDC, then a small pout of Lot40 Rye, then a  Wathens SiB (on sale,5 took a flier, not bad) then finishing with a RRSiBRye. All small pours. Eyeing a blend I did of GW4G for a finishing pour tonight. 

• I like it 1

I’m having a nightcap pour (or two) of my Weller Blend. After a long day at work, and at home afterward, it’s really hitting the spot tonight. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m having a nightcap pour (or two) of my Weller Blend. After a long day at work, and at home afterward, it’s really hitting the spot tonight. 

Biba! Joe

I'm just hoping I find W12 someday so I can make my own Weller Blend to match yours. I've got plenty of WSR and W107 thankfully so I won't complain too much. 

• I like it 2

Started off with MM cask strength and decided to stick with wheaters and the MM family, so I’m now enjoying a pour of M46. Weller gets all the attention these days, but these two MM selections along with the PS bottling choices are very strong alternatives to Weller 12 and Weller Antique, and they are much easier to find.

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Started off with MM cask strength and decided to stick with wheaters and the MM family, so I’m now enjoying a pour of M46. Weller gets all the attention these days, but these two MM selections along with the PS bottling choices are very strong alternatives to Weller 12 and Weller Antique, and they are much easier to find.

I don't disagree (as I keep the MMCS and MM46 around) but I still hope to make Joe's Weller Blend someday. 

• I like it 1

I was looking forward to my flight seeing y'all drinking WT101 and BT left and right, and all I got was a Jack & coke :(

Working on powering through this bottle of Michter's US*1 Small Batch.  It's not bad it's just...boring?

Working on powering through this bottle of Michter's US*1 Small Batch.  It's not bad it's just...boring?
I can see that. I felt the same way with their Rye too. To me, they've tasted like the proof should have been in the low 80s and the flavors don't hold as long as some other whiskeys.

I've like all three variants of theirs I've tried (Rye, Bourbon and Sour Mash) and have bought backup bottles the Rye and Bourbon, but it isn't something I reach for in the evening when I want to be stimulated. It's a hot afternoon and neat/Mello pour for me.
  • I like it 1

6 minutes ago, jwperry said:

I can see that. I felt the same way with their Rye too. To me, they've tasted like the proof should have been in the low 80s and the flavors don't hold as long as some other whiskeys.

I've like all three variants of theirs I've tried (Rye, Bourbon and Sour Mash) and have bought backup bottles the Rye and Bourbon, but it isn't something I reach for in the evening when I want to be stimulated. It's a hot afternoon and neat/Mello pour for me.

The nose on the Rye (not the barrel proof) was fantastic, but the flavors were non-existent and fell waaaay short of my expectations for the price point. 

The last pour of Bookers from my decanter.   Since I have a fair number of other barrel proof bottles I like much better (and cost less) this was probably the last Bookers I will have. It was a good one, just not good enough.

Go Braves!

• I like it 1

I'm on the HM10 bandwagon.  Pulled this from guy from the bunker a few weeks ago.  Not too shabby.
IMG_1028.thumb.jpg.77f9be413a0b5f687e33ddb556304329.jpg
Nectar of the Gods "they" say

A new one to me, I picked up the other day is "1792 Bottled in Bond".   It's good, but I guess maybe I was expecting more of a 1792 Full Proof profile, and it aint there with the BiB.   I'll gladly finish the bottle, and I have no regrets buying it, but I won't buy another.  

Yesterday was an untypical, 13 hour-piss me off fess at work. I made it to the end of the day today & went for the big payoff...

20190425_172230.jpg.2198b7a3f5375ce8f9e27a8682c23f9f.jpg

I started left to right/high to low with a short pour each. All were good, but the Baker's won the second pour follow-up...

• I like it 1

36 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Yesterday was an untypical, 13 hour-piss me off fess at work. I made it to the end of the day today & went for the big payoff...

20190425_172230.jpg.2198b7a3f5375ce8f9e27a8682c23f9f.jpg

I started left to right/high to low with a short pour each. All were good, but the Baker's won the second pour follow-up...

Luckily every day comes to an end!

A little sample of 2018 GTS that some nice person sent to me. 

This stuff is so darn good.

And just look at that color!

A9AA308A-B252-44D8-837E-DF66EF29191F.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

23 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Go CAPS!
IMG_2707.jpg

How is it? What’s the stave selection? I helped choose a barrel today and it’s a unique process 

having a pour of WT rare breed before heading to the hospital in an hour. It's gonna be a long night since my wife is going to give birth at some point tomorrow. Oh, and I am packing along a mini bottle of Ezra brooks bourbon cream for my coffee that I am sure to be needing in the wee hours of the morning.

• I like it 3

Opened this tonight. It's my first pour of any whiskey since last Friday after a weekend of either food poisoning or a bug. Its interesting for sure. The dried fruit sherry nose is there and so is the JB nutty funk on the finish.  Fruits and nuts seem to go together but this isn't likely to be a repeat buy for me. 

20190425_213412-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

19 minutes ago, Double C's said:

having a pour of WT rare breed before heading to the hospital in an hour. It's gonna be a long night since my wife is going to give birth at some point tomorrow. Oh, and I am packing along a mini bottle of Ezra brooks bourbon cream for my coffee that I am sure to be needing in the wee hours of the morning.

Congrats and well wishes!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.