What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’m drinking Booker’s 30th for the first time and it just seems like a good KCSB store pick. I’ve been wanting a bottle, but now I’m torn. 

WSR followed by some small batch select (whatever that means) BT

Some BC 12y. This has been a very good pour. A little sweet (  Black licorice Sweet ) but I love it. 

D2F3E3D4-CFBB-4651-8FAC-D3794C1D8587.thumb.jpeg.a6107d44d74e23751923e9a6cc58e6ba.jpeg

• I like it 2

HMcK 10 here. Trying to erase the experience of walking in to a random liquor store, seeing VOB90 for $39.99 and walking straight out. 

Trying Woodford Reserve Double Oaked this evening, butterscotch right up front, some spice and vanilla on the back. Enjoyable.

20190502_203250.thumb.jpg.74fb15be05a8a0ba8d087187c85fe3e0.jpg

• I like it 2

Trying a taste of Longbranch again.  I am growing to like the bit of smoke on the end. 

A255FEE7-C68F-4F2A-BCC2-770416D17510.jpeg

Let's keep the Woodford train rolling, shall we? Thanks to some generous soul at the "Sampler", I was able to try this. Picked up a bottle when I made it home, and now I get to find out if I enjoy it as much as I did in Bardstown.  So far, it's looking favorable. A bit thin, perhaps... but quite agreeable to me..

20190502_210631.jpg

Trying Woodford Reserve Double Oaked this evening, butterscotch right up front, some spice and vanilla on the back. Enjoyable.

20190502_203250.thumb.jpg.74fb15be05a8a0ba8d087187c85fe3e0.jpg

If you like chocolate desserts, this pairs very well!

Let's keep the Woodford train rolling, shall we? Thanks to some generous soul at the "Sampler", I was able to try this. Picked up a bottle when I made it home, and now I get to find out if I enjoy it as much as I did in Bardstown.  So far, it's looking favorable. A bit thin, perhaps... but quite agreeable to me..
20190502_210631.thumb.jpg.d389e08418db880c58e7b71d49735abf.jpg

I found this too sweet. Nearly a liqueur. But I'm on a low carb/no sugar diet so a lot of things are sweet to me.

13 minutes ago, jwperry said:

If you like chocolate desserts, this pairs very well!

I found this too sweet. Nearly a liqueur. But I'm on a low carb/no sugar diet so a lot of things are sweet to me.

I haven't even seen that one around here. Will be looking for it. Love me some dark chocolate. I've been low carbing it for about a month now, down 10 solid pounds. Hoping to shed a few more (also exercising). Fortunately, bourbon has no carbs!

• I like it 2

20190502_210631.thumb.jpg.d389e08418db880c58e7b71d49735abf.jpg

Glad you liked it, and that’s why I bring things for people to try that are sometimes out of the ordinary.
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

A little CEHT BP tonight

Someday I hope to find this one. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Glad you liked it, and that’s why I bring things for people to try that are sometimes out of the ordinary.

2 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

20190502_210631.jpg

A really nice choice I enjoy as a change of pace. I kind of look at this as the bourbon drinkers Irish and bring when I visit a friend that is partial to Irish whiskey. I did just pick up a Redbreast Cask Strength to take next time I visit him ?

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

I’m drinking Booker’s 30th for the first time and it just seems like a good KCSB store pick. I’ve been wanting a bottle, but now I’m torn. 

Yup.  That's about right.

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

Gettin’ old ain’t for pussies.

Neither is the GTS. ;)

So simply stated, but yet so brilliant!

5 hours ago, Vosgar said:

There I was, enjoying an after dinner WT 8yr 101 when the lovely Mrs. Vosgar brought out some pictures from our son's wedding, 13yrs ago. Sonofabitch.....what the hell's happened to me? 13 years isn't that long, but somehow I've aged at least twice that much :o

Promptly went and poured myself some '17 GTS to help ease the pain of reality.

Atta boy!

Everyone take note. This is how you handle difficult situations.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, BigRich said:

Gettin’ old ain’t for pussies.

Neither is the GTS. ;)

Ha ha - you're still a young pup, too!  Wait 'til you wake up in the morning and EVERYTHING hurts when you go to pee - only way you know you're alive, tho'.   ?

See all y'all at Bruce's International Whiskey nite in a couple of weeks.  Bringing some hooch for him and a L&K pick of Kavalan Ex-Bourbon Cask down to Atlanta.   I'm his mule, I think . . . . . .  ?

• I like it 1

Some BT last night after getting the grass cut.
IMG_2718.jpg

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Starting with some JTS Brown BiB. No ice, no glass.

I like it.  ;)

Biba! Joe

$50/ea clearance at a random Wal Mart I stopped at.

This is unique. I can't tell if it is wheaty or rye-esque or something else. Very drinkable.IMG_20190503_173909386.jpg

• I like it 1

Starting with some 4R SmB Select while watching some Widespread Panic.  Nice combo.

spacer.png

• I like it 6

Starting with some 4R SmB Select while watching some Widespread Panic.  Nice combo.

40801404753_61b624ed45_c.jpg

Nice pic.
  • I like it 1

21 minutes ago, JMFH said:

spacer.png

As always the photog is on point! Widespread Panic...reminds me of my college days. Can’t wait to get a bottle of this. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.