What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoyed some Blood Oath Pact No. 5 last night. I like the rum barrel finish. Brown sugar, vanilla, and oak were the main flavors I picked up on this one, also very smooth. 

20190503_193648.thumb.jpg.3ce0ce264c5718803c7747e03b04f88f.jpg

• I like it 1

I went over to a neighbor’s last night and three of us had some nice pours. I introduced them to the new 4R SmbS and we killed the last of Sone PS WP and RR.

• I like it 1

I’m having a little Barton Chocolate Bourbon Ball Cream Liquer in my coffee this morning. :P  Thank you Wayne and Dianna.  ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

Enjoyed some Blood Oath Pact No. 5 last night. I like the rum barrel finish. Brown sugar, vanilla, and oak were the main flavors I picked up on this one, also very smooth. 

I've really appreciated rum cask finished whiskey lately, but have been reluctant to try the Blood Oath; is it worth the $100+ price tag I see locally? The whole box & stuff is a mild deterrent to me, but that's easily sorted out.

JD was my first distillery tour ever (before I'd ever been to Kentucky) and that tour is what really piqued my interest and started the process that converted the Jack 'n Coke dude from my college and post-college days into the mature Straightbourbon'r that I am today.  [emoji123]

It was my first too...back in the days when you couldn’t sample anything, and all they provided after the tour was lemonade! I need to go back there again someday.
  • I like it 1

Never stopped, or even slowed down-- but it does serve as nice landmark to let me know that I'm getting close to Cascade Hollow…

tullahoma.jpg.4397ef9aad604802b724333a5977a6dd.jpg

• I like it 3

In honor of the derby and fancy hats I’m enjoying an OGD114 mint julep. Mighty nice. 

• I like it 2

16 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Is it as "bad" or "good" as the OGD BIB stopper?  Us old fahts have trouble twisting it out the first time.  More than once, I've had to go get one of those soft plastic mesh pads for old folks to get the damn thing out.  After that first time, though, it gets easier.  Why I ask?  I won't buy NR unless I know I can get it open without cramping up my hands.

Wish I could answer that question, but I have never had a full size bottle of OGD BIB (only one of 114 and 50 ml of BIB, neither of which really resonated with me). But it is quite tight, if my hands are too dry I can't get enough grip to get it out.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, jwperry said:
8 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

I've really appreciated rum cask finished whiskey lately, but have been reluctant to try the Blood Oath; is it worth the $100+ price tag I see locally? The whole box & stuff is a mild deterrent to me, but that's easily sorted out.

I think this one is. I was able to find it for $81.99 +tax at one store (so I grabbed 2). Everywhere else had it for $99.99. I like rum and rum finished scotches so I figured I would give this a try and it didn't disappoint.  

• I like it 2

Using up the Woodford Bulleit. Was gifted the Bulliet. It came with a Lewis bag, which came in handy.

20190504_180212.jpg

• I like it 3

My annual Derby Day tradition.  1990's RHF.  So buttery and creamy, unlike anything else I own.

IMG_1756.JPG

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 14

I was drinking this Brown-Forman  brown sugar bomb while they ran. A little controversy; did Maximum Security block War of Will??

DBAE0B2D-DFB1-4059-93E1-EC323115247B.jpeg

• I like it 4

8 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

I was drinking this Brown-Forman  brown sugar bomb while they ran. A little controversy; did Maximum Security block War of Will??

DBAE0B2D-DFB1-4059-93E1-EC323115247B.jpeg

I hope not. My wife bet that horse!

9 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I hope not. My wife bet that horse!

Uh oh!

36 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Uh oh!

Yeah.

Fortunately, she's had a couple of mint juleps, to help ease the pain.

• I like it 2

5 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

6771CEFE-1B41-48EC-89E0-7A81AE662326.jpeg

Great stuff.   I like the rye, too.  I have a barrel pick, and it's killer. Lot of bang for the buck.

• I like it 1

20 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Great stuff.   I like the rye, too.  I have a barrel pick, and it's killer. Lot of bang for the buck.

Agree on all counts :D

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m having a little Barton Chocolate Bourbon Ball Cream Liquer in my coffee this morning. :P  Thank you Wayne and Dianna.  ;)

Biba! Joe

Nice way to start the day.  That is THE BEST bourbon cream.  Makes me want to go back to Bardstown just for that. 

Honestly, I haven't decided what to have yet. Probably either my Weller Blend, or FR's SBS. I watched the Derby today, and man what a mess. I hate controversy. :ph34r:

However.............WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!  :P

Biba! Joe

derby2.jpeg.e6108db1ef9ccbf7294ce0bb128e60ad.jpeg

• I like it 4

JBSignature Craft 11y/o High Rye Bourbon .. the reviews say anise and oak. I got all mint and dill.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.