What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Reached into the back of the bunker and came out with an OFBB. Probably haven’t poured this one in six years.

IMG_9870.jpg

• I like it 5

Had a pretty amazing tasting on Friday with lots of great stuff.  Turns out I love a good high-proof well aged BT wheater as those were all my favorites of the night including (in no particular order):

William Larue Weller 2018

William Larue Weller 2017

Abraham Bowman Sweet XVI

Old Rip Van Winkle 2015

Also had some other very good stuff including (also in no particular order, and likely forgetting a few):

Booker's 30th

Four Roses Small Batch Select

Four Roses Elliott's Select

• I like it 7

Last night was two healthy pours.  First was the 1792 225th Anniversary followed by some ER

Had some buddies over last night. 

Just realized there’s a lot of Rye on that table too lol. 

A3D3488E-DC7A-4E4C-BF23-9C00BD3DF198.jpeg

• I like it 2

Went to a former Speakeasy in Newton Lower Falls for lunch with a friend and checked out their bourbon stocks:

20190506_125629.jpg

$16.50 for a two ounce pour of W12 - too bad we're dancing tonite or I would have had another!  ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

Felt oaky tonight and was about to pour a SS EC. Instead I reached for this one. This is really good; at least tonight! It got a second pour...

20190506_180332.jpg.7f7936a1e4d9a09aa979377f79a3d7d5.jpg

• I like it 1

Ever have 6 months worth of work on a project get tossed at the last minute? Yeah, that was my today.

Found this fellow on my commute home. Overpaid, but my first time having it. If you wouldn't have told me the MSRP, I'd happily pay the $42 for this again. IMG_20190506_212535278.jpg

• I like it 4

13 minutes ago, jwperry said:

Ever have 6 months worth of work on a project get tossed at the last minute? Yeah, that was my today.

Found this fellow on my commute home. Overpaid, but my first time having it. If you wouldn't have told me the MSRP, I'd happily pay the $42 for this again. IMG_20190506_212535278.jpg

That's about the going rate when you can find it in Dallas-Ft.Worth, usually around $39.99 + tax.  If/when Total Wine gets any and they mark it at $29.99, they have like a case and it's gone in minutes. I'll happily pay $42 for a 10 year as good as this.

• I like it 1

Bought, opened, and am drinking some regular EC. Was in the mood for something easy and good, that I didn't have to think too much about. Haven't had this recently, but it's hitting the spot.

• I like it 1

That's about the going rate when you can find it in Dallas-Ft.Worth, usually around $39.99 + tax.  If/when Total Wine gets any and they mark it at $29.99, they have like a case and it's gone in minutes. I'll happily pay $42 for a 10 year as good as this.
That's what it was, $39.99 + tax

I'm impressed with how smooth it is.
  • I like it 1

Turkey Tuesday, picked up the Saffell today and just pulled the new bottle of RR from the bunker.

The Saffell is really good, nice nose, maybe the best if the three, the Saffell is really well done, very well balanced.

Both RR are rickhouse D picks. The middle RR has a ton of great Turkey spice, big bold and awesome. The RR on the right a 3rd floor pick is much gentler and also really good.

I think I like the Saffell the most of the three but it’s close. That being said considering the RR is only a few bucks more for a 750 vs 375, I won’t buy another.

IMG_6668.JPG

• I like it 3

Started with ER10 and moved on to HM10 for the next dram.  I gotta say - for my tastes the HM10 blows away the ER.  Much more complexity, depth, and mouthfeel and flavor in the HM10.  I've decided to leave all bottles of ER10 on the shelves for you fellas from now on.  Its just too thin for my tastes.

• I like it 1

Taylor Tuesday. Hitting all the right buttons tonight and going great with a cinnamon danish.
IMG_2771.jpg

• I like it 1

Four Roses Small batch tonight for me. Polished off the bottle. Too bad there wasn't more than about a shot left. Time to open a new bottle!

11 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Started with ER10 and moved on to HM10 for the next dram.  I gotta say - for my tastes the HM10 blows away the ER.  Much more complexity, depth, and mouthfeel and flavor in the HM10.  I've decided to leave all bottles of ER10 on the shelves for you fellas from now on.  Its just too thin for my tastes.

I started last night with a pour of EC NAS store pick then the HM10.  I gotta say, I had the exact same reaction.  The HM was way better.  What a steal at $30.  Sad it's no longer $30 and now hard to find... 

On 5/6/2019 at 8:52 PM, FatherOfPugs said:

I picked one up at Goody Goody a couple of weeks ago for $30. Not sure if it varies, but it was towards the end of the week and month.

Going back to the topic of the thread, I had a dram of Stagg Jr as I watched my Stars last night. Crushing loss, but a great run.

Edited by afinchmustang

1 hour ago, afinchmustang said:

I picked one up at Goody Goody a couple of weeks ago for $30. Not sure if it varies, but it was towards the end of the week and month.

Going back to the topic of the thread, I had a dram of Stagg Jr as I watched my Stars last night. Crushing loss, but a great run.

Every time I go to a Goody Goody they are out of ER. Maybe I have bad timing, lol!

2 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Every time I go to a Goody Goody they are out of ER. Maybe I have bad timing, lol!

100% timing. The distribution guys were literally at the store delivering

19 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Having a very good pour of Barrell Batch 17 tonight.

How is this? One of my local shops has some and I've been eyeballing it but haven't pulled the trigger. I've had batch 009 (I thought was GREAT) and batch 013 (meh...it was ok). 

8 hours ago, afinchmustang said:

as I watched my Stars last night. Crushing loss, but a great run.

Sorry, not sorry. :P

My palate has been a bit off lately. Things just haven’t been tasting like I know they should. Hey, it happens. :mellow:  So I decided to do some spermentin’ when I got home from work today. ^_^ I mixed some MMCS (110.7 proof) with a dusty Barclay’s (80 proof Barton product). The MMCS was a bit hot, and the Barclay’s really complimented it and toned it down to a much more desirable level. It was pretty good, but I thought it could still use a little something else. I added a splash of Weller SR, and Bingo!  As Jon Lovitz used to say on SNL, “Yeah, that’s the ticket.”  I’m good for now, but we’ll see what happens after supper. :P

Biba! Joe

A pour to celebrate the Blues win last night. When the game ended it was way too late to celebrate. 

20190508_185640.jpg

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, FlounderinDC said:

How is this? One of my local shops has some and I've been eyeballing it but haven't pulled the trigger. I've had batch 009 (I thought was GREAT) and batch 013 (meh...it was ok). 

17 was good, better than 13. I didn't buy a second one because 18 was better. I don't think you will be disappointed though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.