What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I  just opened the last one of this batch (Noe Secret) from the bunker. Can't seem to remember what happened to the other 2. As I get to the end of this bottle I suspect I won't remember what happened to this one too, but I will enjoy every sip.

0508191606a.jpg

• I like it 4

Windows open, fresh air in my face, SJR batch 10 in my glass. 

Perfect. 

E33D9086-F195-4EE2-9AF7-2EC6F87AEB06.jpeg

• I like it 2

You folks who prefer Maker's Mark Cask over MM/MM46, are you dropping an ice cube/lime/water/other into your drink or are you taking it neat?

I love Maker's Mark & Maker's 46, but the cask is a bit hot to me. Can't bring any flavor out with a pair of ice cubes.

53 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

17 was good, better than 13. I didn't buy a second one because 18 was better. I don't think you will be disappointed though.

+1 on recommending the Barrel Batch 17.  I haven't had the Batch 18 yet, but if it's better than the 17 I need to find a bottle.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, jwperry said:

You folks who prefer Maker's Mark Cask over MM/MM46, are you dropping an ice cube/lime/water/other into your drink or are you taking it neat?

I love Maker's Mark & Maker's 46, but the cask is a bit hot to me. Can't bring any flavor out with a pair of ice cubes.

I very rarely drink a cask strength whiskey at full strength.  Maybe a one ounce pour.  I almost always proof down to 100 to 105 proof using water.  I may add a couple of small ice cubes, like the bagged ice type, in place of water and then remove them before they totally melt or add more if necessary until I get to a taste I find enjoyable.  

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

Enjoyed a pour of New Riff BIB followed by a pour of Macallan 21 Year Fine Oak.  Soccer officiating a lot lately so I thought I would treat myself while watching the Bucks throttle the Celtics.  Besides, I picked up the New Riff today and was anxious to try it as was my son.  I like it.  He is undecided.

• I like it 2

Stagg Jr. after Little League practice with the 7yr old tonight. Still working on a larger than it should have been night cap of EC SB. #FeelingNOPain

• I like it 1

Back to WT 101 tonight.

So where do I find the letter codes much talked about?

Lately all the WT has tasted good.  I did get a couple bottles of WT 101 that did seem extra good.

8 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Back to WT 101 tonight.

Lately all the WT has tasted good.  I did get a couple bottles of WT 101 that did seem extra good.

GG-GI are the older ones to my latest understanding. 

BEBC5BAE-3209-4A7B-BBCC-3BD17ABFDDA2.thumb.jpeg.dd5f70776ec21e15bbec0bd7f32f657d.jpeg

CEHTBP batch 2, the best for me (didn’t try the first though). I’m tying so hard to find a backup, no luck so far. Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

CEHTBP batch 2, the best for me (didn’t try the first though). I’m tying so hard to find a backup, no luck so far. Cheers! 

Will.

That photo is making me slightly jealous. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

That photo is making me slightly jealous. 

The bottle or the picture ? It’s only slightly anyway so we’re good. 

Will.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

The bottle or the picture ? It’s only slightly anyway so we’re good. 

Will.

Well, both actually.  Made me grab a pour of mine for this evening’s libation.  I just wish I had been aware of this particular Taylor in time to have gotten a batch 2. 

42A2C2EC-7E38-4168-B3F3-C36E087CF338.jpeg

• I like it 3

23 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My palate has been a bit off lately. Things just haven’t been tasting like I know they should. Hey, it happens. :mellow:  So I decided to do some spermentin’ when I got home from work today. ^_^ I mixed some MMCS (110.7 proof) with a dusty Barclay’s (80 proof Barton product). The MMCS was a bit hot, and the Barclay’s really complimented it and toned it down to a much more desirable level. It was pretty good, but I thought it could still use a little something else. I added a splash of Weller SR, and Bingo!  As Jon Lovitz used to say on SNL, “Yeah, that’s the ticket.”  I’m good for now, but we’ll see what happens after supper. :P

Biba! Joe

A splash of Weller always helps!

22 hours ago, jwperry said:

Try adding just a small splash of water to the MMCS. If that doesn't work, try cutting it with regular MM. This may sound a bit odd, but a few years ago (from a suggestion by a fellow member here) I made my 09 WLW very drinkable by adding some Stitzel Weller Old Fitz Prime. Ya' just never know. ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, PaulO said:

Back to WT 101 tonight.

Laser etched on the glass below the back label.

• I like it 1

Tonight is a Maker's 46 night. Last night's Cask Strength venture left me a little worse for wear this morning...1557454895327.jpg

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

BEBC5BAE-3209-4A7B-BBCC-3BD17ABFDDA2.thumb.jpeg.dd5f70776ec21e15bbec0bd7f32f657d.jpeg

Will.

That one is getting up there.?

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, MTNBourbon said:

Night cap.

mmQ4ukG.jpg

Mmmmm... that’s some really dark juice! :) 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.