What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, BMartin42 said:

Raised a glass of John J Bowman to my favorite puppy dog. She lived a long beautiful 15 years and I’ll cherish her memory. Cheers Mocha... Rest In Peace my friend. IMG_1784.jpg

Very nice tribute, I raise my glass of 1792 Single barrel store pick to your late dog.  Looks like she was a sweet dog.   

• I like it 6

CEHT SmB. Hard to beat for a daily pour.  

Cheers

• I like it 1

Wow that 1792 SiB store pick is just stellar.  Better than this 1792 Full Proof store pick that I'm sipping on now.  I think the beige label single barrel is my favorite of the current 1792 expressions.  Close 2nd is the yellow labled BIB.

Keeping the 1792 theme going, now poured a home mingling of 1792 Full Proof (standard, not PS) and the Port Finish.  I don't care for the Port on its own, so I tame it down by blending with the FP, something I learned on here from fellow SBers.  It's pretty good and a nice way to find something enjoyable for the port finish.

29 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Wow that 1792 SiB store pick is just stellar.  Better than this 1792 Full Proof store pick that I'm sipping on now.  I think the beige label single barrel is my favorite of the current 1792 expressions.  Close 2nd is the yellow labled BIB.

Shhhhhhh.....

• I like it 1

On 5/11/2019 at 12:15 AM, MTNBourbon said:

My Batch 3 was 129 proof. The ECBP Batch 12 is really nice, got some nice sweetness.

Batch 3 was also stellar, a notch below batch 2 though. Can’t go wrong with those older ECBP batches. Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 1

I opened a bottle of Cava for my wife on Mothers Day.  She said it was one of her best Mothers Days ever.  I tried a little of the wine, and it was quite tasty, definitely on par with decent French Champagne.

Then I switched over to JD Single Barrel Select.  That seemed like a good combination, or at least the correct order. 

Edited by PaulO

8 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Lot B 12yo at Mothers Day brunch...

266B5E2A-DDEB-4F73-A0E9-5CA959934688.thumb.jpeg.0f7d2396b7b17015fbc37a8e0f1276f5.jpeg

The color is what I remember from back when this was everywhere at the outrageous price of $54 per 750.   For about 4 years, this was my favorite bourbon.  When the price hit about $80 and it also became hard to find, I found a new Siren - OGD BIB and never went back.

SO - It rained almost all day, off and on, and I managed to get some grilled chicken off the grill between raindrops.  While the cocktail of choice was a homemade mess of rhum agricole, Patron orange liqueur, fresh OJ, and some grenadine for sugar and color, the post-dinner drink of choice is GOOD OLD OGD BIB. No surprises there.

EDIT - In other words, Lie is Fat!

Edited by Harry in WashDC
To let everyone know that Life is Fat!
  • I like it 2

2 minutes ago, Kane said:

Back in action after a hiatus. [Picture deleted by me - H in WDC] 

Welcome home, Dude.  We kept those bottles warm for you.B)

• I like it 1

On 5/11/2019 at 10:34 PM, BMartin42 said:

Raised a glass of John J Bowman to my favorite puppy dog. She lived a long beautiful 15 years and I’ll cherish her memory. Cheers Mocha... Rest In Peace my friend. IMG_1784.jpg

Ain’t nothing like a good dog. I’ve had to let go of 3 greyhounds and it never gets easier. 

Raising the tail end of Booker’s ‘noe hard times’ to you and Mocha. 

• I like it 3

I actually had a decent day at work for a change, especially for Monday.  :huh: ER is tasting might good.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Single Barrel of Buffalo Trace ended up in the glass tonight. It was from a 8yr old pick back in 2017 which was very tasty!!

BT numero uno and numero deuce.

The Old Charter has so much potential, I’d kill to have this clock dial 8yr OC at 90+ proof. Wish I could’ve of tried the 12yr or better yet Proprietor's Choice Old Charter.

Just opened up the ETL it’s been probably close to a year since I had some of this open on the shelf. Nothing wrong, nothing offensive with it but man is it boring. It would probably be a good golf course flask whiskey but I don’t think I’d pay more than $40 and most days I’d take plain old BT over it.

That reminds me plain old BT is the best non LE offering from the distillery.

IMG_6702.JPG

• I like it 3

Hmmmm. Choices, choices. 

Biba! Joe

mmm.jpeg

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Hmmmm. Choices, choices. 

Biba! Joe

mmm.jpeg

WHAT is Snoopy doing to/with Charlie Brown?

Haven't started on a bourbon although I did have a small Negroni prior to spaghetti tonight.  I think I'll go with basic BT.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.