What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Cheers to that.

Marchand is an absolute ass.

I've been very impressed with Patrick Sharp's pregame, intermission, and post game analysis. He's found a good fit in the studio. 

Agreed. He’s a good sidekick. He’s still a bit stiff for a leading role, but he may loosen up.

Most of the people NBC inherited from VS Network are solid. The ex-Hawks Sharp and Roenick are just icing, though Roenick is probably less broadly-palatable than sharp right now. 

Cheers to that.

I've been very impressed with Patrick Sharp's pregame, intermission, and post game analysis. He's found a good fit in the studio. 

No Don Cherry, I miss hockey night in Canada on CBC.

Having a glass of Booker Noe Hard Time  Bookers.  Damn fine stuff! 

30C0D794-CF6A-4D1B-B45A-33D1F3774EC3.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 1

20 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

No Don Cherry, I miss hockey night in Canada on CBC.

Don didn’t do anything but wear “nutty” jackets compared to what you see in Canada. 

Congrats, @JCwhammie I’ll be cheering for your boys in the Cup. 

• I like it 1

On 5/20/2019 at 10:15 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Last call. 

Stagg Jr 9th release.

The nose on this is amazing.  It's like being in a rick house...

20190520_220908.jpg

This was my pour tonight. Twice as a matter of fact.

• I like it 1

Don didn’t do anything but wear “nutty” jackets compared to what you see in Canada. 

Congrats, [mention=13003]JCwhammie[/mention] I’ll be cheering for your boys in the Cup. 

Don Cherry is a riot, besides the humorous jackets.

That being said Tuesday’s are so much better with Turkey.

I met up with FacePlant and some of his business associates at a local restaurant/bar with a very good bourbon and scotch selection. I started with a pour of Macallan 18, then a Thomas Handy Rye, and then a CEHT Small Batch. After that FacePlant decided it was time for a pour of WSR. I have to admit, it’s been several years since I’ve had a pour of WSR because the last time I had it, I wasn’t impressed. Tonight, however, it really hit the spot. I guess I need to pick up a bottle the next time I’m in one of my favorite local stores. I’ve purchased quite a few bottles of WSR over the last few years for fellow SBrs, but this will be the first time in quite some time that I actually purchase a bottle for myself.

• I like it 4

11 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I met up with FacePlant and some of his business associates at a local restaurant/bar with a very good bourbon and scotch selection. I started with a pour of Macallan 18, then a Thomas Handy Rye, and then a CEHT Small Batch. After that FacePlant decided it was time for a pour of WSR. I have to admit, it’s been several years since I’ve had a pour of WSR because the last time I had it, I wasn’t impressed. Tonight, however, it really hit the spot. I guess I need to pick up a bottle the next time I’m in one of my favorite local stores. I’ve purchased quite a few bottles of WSR over the last few years for fellow SBrs, but this will be the first time in quite some time that I actually purchase a bottle for myself.

I'm really impressed that you could go home then type this out? What a man. :) Big time and enjoyed the company. Some things are just less fun in moderation.

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I’ve purchased quite a few bottles of WSR over the last few years for fellow SBrs, but this will be the first time in quite some time that I actually purchase a bottle for myself.

It's getting to be the right season for WSR over a large cube with a dash of orange bitters.  My go to Summer "cocktail" when I am in the garage/yard.  Also have a 4RYL in the freezer to try this year.  

• I like it 1

40 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Also have a 4RYL in the freezer to try this year.  

Your "go to" summer cocktail is about to change!

:)

49C827FB-2992-47F4-9CE9-EB193E6A8C19.thumb.jpeg.38b2498055e20c03b4061bf8f812ad24.jpegGoing MGP tonight, never let you down. Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 4

Having a pour of HH6yr 90 proof. I sure enjoy this. Thankfully I'll be driving through the west side of KY Saturday, so I plan on grabbing a few handles in Paducah. 

I decided to rent John Wick Chapter 2 for the 2nd time. I know they're thankless movies, but they're pretty enjoyable. Plus my other money spending hobby is home theater. These John Wick movies sound fantastic. 

On 5/21/2019 at 9:45 PM, JCwhammie said:

I

Yeah, but he's OUR ass.  Hoping it's 1972 all over again.  Go B's!!!   ?

Last night decided to kill this one off.
IMG_2796.jpg
Then there was a post about MMCS so decided to remind myself how much I like it.
IMG_2797.jpg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Yeah, but he's OUR ass.  Hoping it's 1972 all over again.  Go B's!!!   ?

Sorry, Gee; but Bruins SUCK!    Hell, everyone knows what a bruin does 'in the woods', right?    I just hope and pray they do it on the ice, as well.

9F199040-4F0B-48BE-B1C1-2BC9831C12BB.thumb.jpeg.5dd26aac92b338dddb342d1cc6007f36.jpegThis one went down really fast, very light but quite pleasant, still some nice body to it, finish is surprisingly long for a 90 proof. Good stuff. Cheers!

Will.

• I like it 2

Shouldn't think this will survive the night. Cheers all!
20190523_202038.thumb.jpg.7dc0964b3cc94f07c54dde6a0aa63b5c.jpg

That’s a very good bourbon. I’ve got several bottles, including one open, but I always seem to overlook it for some reason. You’ve inspired me to have a pour this evening too!
  • I like it 2

B25403AA-12F5-4B8C-A0A7-7A01942192B9.thumb.jpeg.7addfe7167b0847f94971fa22fec5844.jpeg

Joining the Bowman killing team. Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 5

10 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

That’s a very good bourbon. I’ve got several bottles, including one open, but I always seem to overlook it for some reason. You’ve inspired me to have a pour this evening too!

Enjoy, I agree it's a great pour. 

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Masset1982 said:

B25403AA-12F5-4B8C-A0A7-7A01942192B9.thumb.jpeg.7addfe7167b0847f94971fa22fec5844.jpeg

Joining the Bowman killing team. Cheers! 

Will. 

Team Bowman for the win! Cheers Will :D

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Having a pour of HH6yr 90 proof. I sure enjoy this. Thankfully I'll be driving through the west side of KY Saturday, so I plan on grabbing a few handles in Paducah. 

I decided to rent John Wick Chapter 2 for the 2nd time. I know they're thankless movies, but they're pretty enjoyable. Plus my other money spending hobby is home theater. These John Wick movies sound fantastic. 

Love that movie and John Wick 3 is an excellent follow up. I look forward to it being available on demand so I can enjoy a bourbon while watching.

46 minutes ago, beasled said:

Team Bowman for the win! Cheers Will :D

Cheers man, it was a good idea, 100 proof is more my thing anyway ?

Will. 

9 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Cheers man, it was a good idea, 100 proof is more my thing anyway ?

Will. 

Yeah it's a shame to see you slumming it in the 90 proof zone! haha

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.